+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game Needs More Anti-Healing Skills

Default Game Needs More Anti-Healing Skills

That's all I can say, really. Not sure, but aren't champions the only class with an anti-healing skill (their mortal strike-esque -50% healing ability?)?

At the moment, it's silly trying to take down a healer who can heal through 4-odd guys beating on them (unless we have a saboteur, then we USUALLY manage...) since even with interrupts they can just go right back to using heals.

My suggestions are:-
    1. Make interrupts forbid all spells from the spell group interrupted for a few seconds. It helps, a lot.
    2. Give classes anti-healing skills like the champion's healing thingy and make it so that healers FEAR spamming heals.

Etc etc.

Comments?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    If queues are still a problem in a month, I will eat my shoes.

new take on an old refrain.

i'm nonetheless kind of happy with healers the way they are.

bear in mind that your own healers are similarly durable. if they weren't, you would essentially be playing without a healer for most of the match since the poor li'l guys would get focused and burned down rather quickly. that would suck.

it also makes a lot of sense to have durable healers for pve applications.
    Last edited by Heimdall; 03-01-2011 at 08:27 AM.
    "They make a desert and they call it 'peace'"

Plane Touched

As a healer my main line of defense is the wall of melee I hide behind. Usually only 1-2 people break off to attack me specifically in which case I'm distracted to the point where someone could easily die.

http://thisisnotarift.blogspot.com/2...reduction.html

This blog details all the anti-healing skills out there. Might want to read it

Plane Touched

There are plenty.

For Rogues:

Nightblades can proc one with an enchantment, I think so does one of the assassin poisons.

Ranger greater wolf pet can proc a healing debuff as well from what I hear.

For mages:

Necromancer gets a 30% debuff pretty early on, think its the same one that makes their pet heal them on hit.

Either necro or dom gets a debuff that makes healing/buffing/support have a chance to silence the caster. It had a red icon with a shield-shaped shadow is all I remember. Maybe it was a heart, I cant remember.

For Clerics:

No idea, think I saw one somewhere, my guess is the likely places would be in either cabalists or inquisitors, one of the melee wouldn't be surprising though.

And I did fine killing clerics on my own as a nightblade, even without a healing debuff, as long as it wasnt a team of 4-5 party heal spammers. 5 second silence, or a 20% dmg bonus for 8s, plenty of burst, though mediocre follow-through. Helps when you do mostly elemental damage and crit a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Autarch View Post
    That's all I can say, really. Not sure, but aren't champions the only class with an anti-healing skill (their mortal strike-esque -50% healing ability?)?

At the moment, it's silly trying to take down a healer who can heal through 4-odd guys beating on them (unless we have a saboteur, then we USUALLY manage...) since even with interrupts they can just go right back to using heals.

My suggestions are:-
    1. Make interrupts forbid all spells from the spell group interrupted for a few seconds. It helps, a lot.
    2. Give classes anti-healing skills like the champion's healing thingy and make it so that healers FEAR spamming heals.

Etc etc.

Comments?
    If they gimp healers, then we won't really see the point in joining warfronts. Then you'll be back in here qq'ing, "Where'd all the healers go?!"
    Whether the glass is half full or half empty, there is still only half there.

Plane Touched

There are plenty of mortal-strike type abilities. Also, there is one in every PvP soul, which you should probably have equipped anyway if you're seriously PvPing.

In the case of the Warrior and Rogue PVP souls, they are baseline abilities that you get after 10 points spent in the tree.

For Mages and Clerics, the debuffs are found high in specific branches of the tree.

There are plenty of regular abilities too.

Cleric and Mage healers arent the problem

Its Bards that are the problem in PVP
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Soulwalker

The whole point of getting on healers isn't necessarily to kill them, if you do have 4 people pounding a healer then chances are he can only keep himself up, its all about pressure, killing isn't everything.

Voidknight.
    {Emberlord}{Defiant} < Pheonix > - Savage, the warrior.

Soulwalker

Please Please Please roll a cleric and heal in the 30 and up brackets. Please make sure you get against some premades and then talk about how healers are godly and we must nerf them into oblivion with massive anti heal skills. There are silences, anti heal debuffs, cast interrupts from damage, stuns, and whole ton of other things in place. As a cleric in the upper brackets I am constantly being stunned and taken down by 1-2 rogues/warriors. I am okay with how it is now but gimp healers more than we are now and you can welcome your new dps cleric allies with open hands in the warfronts.

a single rogue can stun and get a healer almost dead by himself before the stun wears off. If he has a buddy and no one is tossing the stunned healer a heal then its game over. Add in a group that is working together and doing other lockdown abilities as soon as the stun wears off and its game over. If you are seriously having a huge issue with healers you are either sub 30 or in a group that is not effectively locking down or focus firing a target.

I have played as a dps class into the 30s as well as a healer. I know that it seems healers are super OP in the 20s bracket but they are not unbeatable. Most of the time the issue is people are not focusing on targets and no one is harassing a healer while u work on another guy. I cannot stress this enough get 30+ and check out the playing field, healers are still nice and helpful but they are not the game winner, working as a team is the winning mode.

Telaran

Chain CC's = Cleric control. And since they game allows you to be perma CCed your QQ is Worthless OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Autarch View Post
    If you mean 'Only' as in more than 10 - then yes you are correct.

There are 10-15 healing debuffs, then we have silenece, interupts, fears etc so maybe more a 'I need to learn to play issue' than lack of healing reduction talents

Game doesn't need anymore Anti-healing. The sab himself is pretty well built for that. What it needs is more Ally based buffing.

+ Reply to Thread