+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hoping to start a new roleplay story

Shadowlander

Default Hoping to start a new roleplay story

Been noticing a distinct lack in rp with rift and I've been thinking about looking into finding those who would want to work together on a new story. Perhaps even start a guild if things go well. Anyone interested?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftime View Post
    Been noticing a distinct lack in rp with rift and I've been thinking about looking into finding those who would want to work together on a new story. Perhaps even start a guild if things go well. Anyone interested?

Oh! Me! I'm interested. (not the guild part but the RP part) I used to RP a little bit in WoW like a decade ago and it was a ton of fun.

Might as well have a little more fun this summer before leveling up chemistry IRL—gonna get crazy this fall semester. :P
    70 Cleric Sarleaf@Hailol, BoS tank, PvP healer
    alts: Frazzleweed@Hailol (lvl 24 mage); Sarifiber@Typhiria (lvl 7 warrior)
    Rift PvP videos: https://tinyurl.com/y2dl6oym

Shadowlander

The guild idea is more like something I might do if I can get more people for it but I'm glad someone is showing interest, I really want to get a proper story arc going rather then more endless casual rp events at Tavern dimensions.

Can be your god, source of problems/drama and epic quest giver.

Are you going to write the arc down like a diary? Sounds interesting

Hierosolyma | Shas | Shaslol | Syenn | Azuren | Jeru | Katane

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Can be your god, source of problems/drama and epic quest giver.

Are you going to write the arc down like a diary? Sounds interesting
    lol I would be happy to have you for any of those three parts if your willing. As for how the arc will be handled, I was thinking of doing it through journal entries and combat reports that could be created from multiple different characters in order to get many different perspectives including the antagonist's side. I'm considering an alliance type story line with different factions that can fight for power both outward and inward.

Shadowlander

Another thing that might be good to go along with this is people who have discord for when rift goes down people need to communicate.

Default RP Campaign Story Coming!

This has been something in the works for some time. The format we have will be role play in a DnD style format - characters will be able to join, earn skill points, and eventually be the badass that everyone loves - or the curious kinder who can steal anything - the sky is the limit!

The intro campaign will be starting early September - We will have a foundation posting on the forums that will lay out everything from RP basics to crit rolls and skill sets!

We also have a team of amazing dim artists who are excited and willing to craft custom dims to make the role play campaign come alive!

Once the intro campaign is complete - should be no more than 3 events - anyone who would like to try their hand at being a DM and hosting their own campaign can do so!

Look out on the forums, we should be posting more info soon!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Alizabeth View Post
    This has been something in the works for some time. The format we have will be role play in a DnD style format - characters will be able to join, earn skill points, and eventually be the badass that everyone loves - or the curious kinder who can steal anything - the sky is the limit!

The intro campaign will be starting early September - We will have a foundation posting on the forums that will lay out everything from RP basics to crit rolls and skill sets!

We also have a team of amazing dim artists who are excited and willing to craft custom dims to make the role play campaign come alive!

Once the intro campaign is complete - should be no more than 3 events - anyone who would like to try their hand at being a DM and hosting their own campaign can do so!

Um....this is a thread about starting my own rp storyline.....mind making your own post to advertise your story? Kind of rude to just start advertising your own here without asking.
    Last edited by Wolftime; 07-24-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Alizabeth View Post

___

Wolfe's friend here and likely co-lead of this entire operation.

It really would have been better to say that you are also starting a campaign and suggest working together. We'd have been happy with that and eager to foster communication between two different groups.

Instead, this response is essentially just a self-promo on somebody else's post.

The RP community is not going to grow if we have everyone vying for dominance instead of collaborating, and what Wolfe and I have quoted here does not at all sound like collaboration.

Shadowlander

Default Moving Forward

Now moving back to the subject, the story I have in mind would be something of a formed alliance among adventurers. Perhaps with different factions represented by either different shards, guilds or just rp styles. This would allow us to invite people from other shards to join in the fun and allow us to do not only action filled rp but dramatic and political rp that could appeal to storyteller who enjoy that kind of thing. We'd also need really good dim builder who would like to put their work on display for people to see and perhaps learn from.

Rift Disciple

I suck at dim, but I can totally donate dim cats!

I should probably mention that I won't be able to do much in Rift after August 19th or so (going back to college). I don't know if that disqualifies me or what, but maybe I can be a temporary character just for fun.

Oh wait... should I create a new character?
    70 Cleric Sarleaf@Hailol, BoS tank, PvP healer
    alts: Frazzleweed@Hailol (lvl 24 mage); Sarifiber@Typhiria (lvl 7 warrior)
    Rift PvP videos: https://tinyurl.com/y2dl6oym

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sarleaf View Post
    I suck at dim, but I can totally donate dim cats!

I should probably mention that I won't be able to do much in Rift after August 19th or so (going back to college). I don't know if that disqualifies me or what, but maybe I can be a temporary character just for fun.

Oh wait... should I create a new character?
    Nah you won't be disqualified for Real life goals like college (Is a college student as well) We can work around schedules or if you wish to be a temporary character then that's fine. You can make a new one if you want or use pre-existing one if the name isn't super odd or makes no sense.

Talking

As far as it looks, even hilarious raid or dungeon fails are contributing to the project then who would have thought..

Talking

As far as it looks, even hilarious raid or dungeon fails are contributing to the project then who would have thought..

-> Is it handlet on a spreadsheet or online blog then?

Oh wait, you are on NA arent you?
    Last edited by Shas; 07-27-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Shadowlander

I am on the NA servers yes, as for where these things will be recorded. Most likely it will either be on FBU or elsewhere if I can find a separate website to work with though I might also post to FBU anyways just so people can read it there as well.

FBU= Faeblight United

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast