+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Role Play Coalition? Wondering if RP guilds would like to form an association.

Default Role Play Coalition? Wondering if RP guilds would like to form an association.

My shard is Faeblight. Are RP guilds interested in forming an association with each other in order to broaden the RP experience of their members?

I would love to see a more formal, storied RP experience going on around me.

The RP threads here on the forum seem pretty quiet and I realize that people would rather do RP than write about it. I have heard from a number of people that they would like to participate in old-school RP (i.e., more than just hubba hubba in the marketplace and screamed vulgarities while dueling in the courtyards), but they don't see the scope for it.

My core vision is that RP guild leaders might get together and form a coalition with each other, using their guild halls on a rotating basis, for a few designated hours as a gathering place for everyone from the coalition. (Of course, non-guilded role players would be welcome too.)

In the beginning, we could (via the host or hostess of the moment) work on introductions whereby people who have a backstory / history could introduce their character (or, if it is not in character for them to do so, have the master of ceremonies tell their stories for them).

If we have someone record these stories, we could keep the history of the presentations and stories on this forum.

In this way, I think we could enrich the RP experience and start to know each other's characters outside our own guilds, when meeting by chance, instead of being insular. Other events could flow from broadening our acquaintances, if the guild leaders (or designated RP officers) worked together to help structure them. More feuds, romances, escapades, adventures, parties, skullduggery....

Anyone interested in this type of fun? (If there already is such an existing umbrella organization, I beg your pardon, but I have never come across it.)

Toodles, darling.

Much of the rp community on Faeblight uses the site faeblightunited.com to post up their character stories, events, forum rp, OOC rp requests, etc. We would love to have you join this forum, you have great ideas!

Margot.
    Rivvka / Murrbella

Come stand a little bit closer, breathe in and get a bit higher
    You'll never know what hit you when I get to you

Thank you Margot, I appreciate the information and your response. Clearly, you are a person of superior understanding. I will look into that.

Treachera

I dig your toon btw, I love the journal posts! <3
    Rivvka / Murrbella

Come stand a little bit closer, breathe in and get a bit higher
    You'll never know what hit you when I get to you

+ Reply to Thread