+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By captaincursor

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Gladiators and slaves - lorewise

Default Gladiators and slaves - lorewise

I've been contemplating starting a new character who will get the harsh life of the gladiator thrust upon him in one fashion or another.

What I'm wondering about is what race would be the most likely to "own" him?

The topic of slavery and the "owning" of another humanoid creature in this sense is a topic I can't find lore about, so I was wondering if anyone happened to know anything about it?

Are there some races that are more likely to own slaves for fun (!) and profit in Telara?

On a slightly unrelated note, is "the Gladiator" title Defiant only? That might influence my own choice of race.

Hi! I know Aamadeo on Faeblight has a lot of this information, but he doesn't visit these forums. You can certainly whisper him though, or send him an enjin mail under the username Dwin!

Also, we run a gladiatorial-type rp event every Thursday night on Faeblight in our Ludus, called the Primus. You can find more information about this on faeblightunited.com if you like!

Best of luck!
    Rivvka / Murrbella

Come stand a little bit closer, breathe in and get a bit higher
    You'll never know what hit you when I get to you

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Owning another person sounds like a Golden Maw cultist would do. Perhaps a Cyclops, who also has a gladiatorial arena. While the Eth as a culture haven't used slavery, the Golden Maw is strong in Shimmersand, where the Maw is active. So Eth or Bahmi might be a good race to have fallen victim to them.

We had our Primus last week at that Cyclops arena in Droughtlands, it was a lot of fun!
    Rivvka / Murrbella

Come stand a little bit closer, breathe in and get a bit higher
    You'll never know what hit you when I get to you

+ Reply to Thread