+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Milyssa

Thread: Summer Beach Bash

Ascendant

Default Summer Beach Bash

Summer Beach Bash-beachbash.jpg

(For those who cannot read text in image)
    You are invited to attend the Faeblight Summer Beach Bash.

Join us any time after 6pm on Saturday July 19th
    "Summer Beach Bash" dimension - Faeblight US shard.

We will have games set up, prizes to award, and a great sunny beach to relax on.

Come and enjoy the last weekend of Summerfest with the Faeblight community.

RP Social Event but everyone is welcome. Come in character or come as yourself.

---------------------------------------

A little more detail:

I've set up a summer beach house dimension, ready to host an end of Summerfest party!

Events planned (besides spontaneous RP events)
    Hedge Maze Race (Fun and bragging rights)
    Scavenger hunt (points to be given on the day, answers submitted via forums or in game mail - prizes to be decided)
    RP volley Ball (roll and RP style)
    Bonfire Ghost Stories

More details on the specifics of the games and prizes to follow.

Everyone welcome. If you play on a different US shard and would like a dimension invite (to play on your main instead of a tourist), message Elieza@faeblight in game on the day for an invite.

Hope to see you all there!

Thanks for your work preparing a dimension and planning these events and prizes! I can't wait to be there!

Ascendant

I've finally nailed down the prizes and the scavenger hunt list.
    I've locked the dimension up, and closed off the maze, to better make the games fair.

Here are the details.

Scavenger Hunt:

The Prize:
    Winner - Summerfest party basket (first to submit complete and correct answers)
    1st Runner Up - Summerfest random companion adoption box (second to submit complete and correct answers)
    2nd Runner up - Random Summerfest companion pet (third to submit complete and correct answers) - (the pet is based on what I have won in my summerfest boxes - sorry if you already have the ones I have to offer, I don't have an alternate gift)

The following list of dimension items have been placed in the dimension. They will be announced again at the party at 6pm shard time (when the party officially kicks off, and again when we open the maze. As you can see below, some of the questions require you to find items in the maze, so the earlier birds to the party will only have a slight advantage... but no one can win the scavenger hunt until the Maze opens.

None of the dimension items are far away from the main action of the party, none are obscured in a way that would make them hidden (not sunk into the floor etc), and none are morphed making them hard to find for non-dimension builders - they are just in the dimension. When you are confident you have found all the items hidden, message me by tell in game the answers to the questions.

How to win:
    First person to message me with the correct answers wins. Incorrect answers cannot be modified, so make sure you're really sure. If everyone at the party guesses wrong everyone can guess again, but I will announce that if needed. Answers must be in by 7pm shard time to be counted! (because I will have to leave the party at an unpredictable time between 7pm shard time and 8pm shard time).

You will be looking for:

How many mossy Rock dimension items are placed inside the maze?
    How many mossy rock dimension items are outside the Maze?
    How many sea shell dimension items are placed inside the maze?
    How many sea shell dimension items are placed outside the Maze?
    Where are the Green, Orange, White, Blue and Yellow orbs?
    How many red sack dimension items (not red pillows) are placed outside the house?
    How many white sack dimension items are placed outside the house?

The Maze:

Pretty straight forward... make your way from beginning to end. First one to exit the maze wins. If you want to have a chance at the prize, please be in the dimension and ready to begin at 6:30 shard time. We can't hold the race, so please be on time... no disappointed sad faces from those who arrive late but wanted a chance to win. To keep things fair, I have closed up the maze, so that those who have come to the party early will not have the advantage to running it before the race starts. When all the participants have arrived and we're ready to start, I'll drop the opening barrier. (6:30 shard time). Once all the participates have entered, I'll replace the opening barrier and start the timer... after 2 minutes I will open the exit (it is pre-determined, don't worry about favoritism)... I just want you guys to get good and turned around in there.

First one out wins a summerfest party basket
    Second out wins a random companion adoption box
    third out wins a random summerfest companion. .. as with the scavenger hunt, these are the ones I have from my summer boxes, so I'm sorry if you already have it, I don't have an alternate prize.

In the event of a tie, I will make the final call. Please play in good fun.

We'll also have an RP volleyball game (/roll against the opponent to see if your chosen move is successful), and possibly ghost stories around the bonfire if anyone cares to tell them.. these events will not have prizes.

Hope to see everyone there!!
    If you play on a different shard (US clusters) and want a dimension invite, message my character in game on the day... details above in my initial post.

Ascendant

Today is the day!

It has been pointed out to me that the maze may resolve itself too quickly if I leave it shut for the time I had planned... that many people will find the exit and wait for me to open it.. so I will be opening both the entrance and the exit at the same time. (6:30 shard time)

Sorry for the confusion, I hope this will make for a better game.

-Melissa

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Milyssa View Post
    Today is the day!

It has been pointed out to me that the maze may resolve itself too quickly if I leave it shut for the time I had planned... that many people will find the exit and wait for me to open it.. so I will be opening both the entrance and the exit at the same time. (6:30 shard time)

Sorry for the confusion, I hope this will make for a better game.

-Melissa
    OH Shoot one more thing! I have designed the scavenger hunt so that I'm asking about where things are for the most part, not just how many. This is in an effort to curb the use of the dimension item list/dimension tool box. However, you may get sneaky and use that list anyway. We're on honor system here people, because I can't tell if you are cheating. Please play honestly.

Ascendant

We had a lot of fun last night. Thank you to everyone who showed up.
    Congratulations to the prize winners and those who could make it out of the maze.

Summer Beach Bash-camp-fire.jpgSummer Beach Bash-firework.jpgSummer Beach Bash-dance.jpg

Milyssa I'm so sorry I missed this! Next time you post something up for a Faeblight open rp event, I will make sure to also post it on faeblightunited.com. Also, if you want your events posted there, you can send me an enjin mail!

I hope to see more events where we can meet new rp'ers!
    Rivvka / Murrbella

Come stand a little bit closer, breathe in and get a bit higher
    You'll never know what hit you when I get to you

+ Reply to Thread