+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Immersive Adventuring

Default Immersive Adventuring

For those not exactly interested in Role Playing in the dramatic sense, but are searching more for "Immersive Adventuring" while playing, is there currently an outlet for them?

To clarify, I'm thinking more of replicating in-character hack and slash type Dungeons and Dragons, vs. the type of RP you find in, say, Vampire: The Masquerade. Adventurers looking to meet fellow adventurers in a local tavern to take on an in-game challenge in-character (and not always the same character each time) with other like-minded souls.

Is there an avenue in Rift already for this? Such as a chat channel, or even some guilds? Thanks in advance
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Phelim on the Moor View Post
    For those not exactly interested in Role Playing in the dramatic sense, but are searching more for "Immersive Adventuring" while playing, is there currently an outlet for them?

To clarify, I'm thinking more of replicating in-character hack and slash type Dungeons and Dragons, vs. the type of RP you find in, say, Vampire: The Masquerade. Adventurers looking to meet fellow adventurers in a local tavern to take on an in-game challenge in-character (and not always the same character each time) with other like-minded souls.

Is there an avenue in Rift already for this? Such as a chat channel, or even some guilds? Thanks in advance
    Sadly I wish I could answer your question but I like the idea and would love to participate if there is such a thing. Could be alot of fun
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

Soulwalker

RPUnited is a chat channel where various RP is coordinated, including Dim stuff and open world. People also use it to try to put together Experts and other PvE stuff.

I'm new the community and my toon is a lowbie (28 rogue, Stevran), but it does seem like most of the RP going on happens in Dims. You can hop in the chat channel and see if you could muster up a group for some open world stuff though. I would definitely enjoy leveling IC, though it seems that each of you is already at or near max. If you have alts or would just want to mentor down, I'd definitely be game.

Thanks for the responses. I haven't been on much lately, for a variety of reasons, and am not on regularly enough to try to organize anything like this myself. I've occasionally visited RPUnited to keep an eye out for similar things or folks of similar mindsets, but never saw anything. Perhaps in the future when I have more time I'll try to initiate something. As of now, sadly, I can't do anything of the sort.

Happy trails, Ascended.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

+ Reply to Thread