+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guide how to play an High Elf? General time-table?

Default Guide how to play an High Elf? General time-table?

Hi fellow RP friends,

I read through a lot of Lore in the Wiki and elsewhere but could not find the information about High Elfs I was looking for, e.g.
    - How fast do they grow up - like humans?
    - How is their relation to their parents? At which age do they leave their home?
    - Are all professions allowed?
    - Where would a normal elven child grow up, Sanctum or Silverwood?
    - Who would give it its education? (Silverwood College?)
    - Is there a special elven language, some words for hello, good bye or thanks?

Could any of you give me a link to a time table? I saw one somewhere, but lost the link.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Aijuna; 10-27-2013 at 05:36 AM.

- As far as we can see, they mature slower than humans - if we assume that the kelari are the same as the high elves at this point, you can find descriptions of such in the in-game book named "Nalthema"

- I think this depends a lot on the individual elf, and what kind of culture this elf comes from. In later times, the elves did become increasingly inspired by the mathosian way of life, settling down as merchants etc - I would not rate it as strange to think that an elf could leave house and family fairly early on in their life.

- I've never heard of a profession/craft that was not at the very least tolerated If it's something that is very destructive of nature/environment, you could potentially consider it to be more disliked, but again with the cultural differences that happened to them it's not a 100% this would happen thing (to me anyways)

- Elves were wandering types of people before they/if they settled down near mathosian populations. Just about anywhere in the world is likely, but not ember isle and I would say it's less likely to be a southern region

- Silverwood College is a good bet, there is also the Sagespire tower - abeit more for mages. Otherwise I would think more of a home-schooling kind of scenario, or where they gain a mentor or teacher in what they want to learn.

- No, there is only one language in Telara. The elves were the first race to be created on Telara, and so the language they developed is the language that was passed on to the later races (some of which they nutured into being) - The dialects would obviously change over time, so you can probably work in a few words that sound really different, but is just old versions of how people used to greet each-other. Just imagine how a year 1700-person would react if you greeted them with a "'sup?" ;)
    In order to have a completely different language, you'll have to go non-canon which I know is allowed in some guilds, it's just important at that point not to force it down on anyone that is on-canon.

That is my take on your questions - I hope my answers can help you along happy roleplaying!
    Last edited by Talila; 10-31-2013 at 12:27 AM.

Thanks Talilia, that helped a lot. Sorry for the late response, I have been away.

Quote Originally Posted by Aijuna View Post
    Hi fellow RP friends,

I read through a lot of Lore in the Wiki and elsewhere but could not find the information about High Elfs I was looking for, e.g.
    - How fast do they grow up - like humans?
    - How is their relation to their parents? At which age do they leave their home?
    - Are all professions allowed?
    - Where would a normal elven child grow up, Sanctum or Silverwood?
    - Who would give it its education? (Silverwood College?)
    - Is there a special elven language, some words for hello, good bye or thanks?

Could any of you give me a link to a time table? I saw one somewhere, but lost the link.

Thanks!
    It states in Shyla Starhearth's Bio that "She appreciates the Mathosianís (Cyril Kalmar) clumsy attempts at companionship, his tendency to act fatherly toward a woman many times his age." That sentence itself hints that High Elves live longer than humans.

Also since they are the oldest race on Telara they would have a sense of Wisdom as well as being a tad bit of condescending when it comes to dealing with the younger races. (this may come off as a stereotype in some cases)

High Elves would also be Well mannered, sophisticated, compassionate, a little bit of a snob and docile as well. Those would be key traits the High Elves would have.

I think they would also leave their homes at a younger age than humans (probably 15 or 16) Professions would be allowed as long as there is NO tech involved. The forests would be the key place where the high elves would grow up. I can picture them growing up in the Holy City of Sanctum as well with the young elf boys admiring Shyla's beauty from affar :3

Quicksilver Collage is indeed a key place for the High Elf Education... and as for the Language? Im pretty sure they have one. I noticed that theres a bit of a Lord of the Rings similarity going on (its certainly not a copycat thing cuz Elves are and always will be a source or wisdom, beauty and medieval grace in most fantasy Lore and stories in the world)

Oddly enough I'm Primarily a Defiant in Rift (Kelari most of the time (:.) but i think thats would High Elves would be like. The Lore of Rift is really interesting so I suggest paying attention to it and seeing the Role you play as a Servant of the Vigil
    Shaolonfeng - Lvl 65 Warrior Khazeshini - Lvl 65 Mage
    Natsuno - Lvl 65 Rogue Erystar - Lvl 65 Cleric Tereni - Lvl 8 Primalist
    Grump Queen, Gives no S**ts, Mindless Pyromancer, Full-time Raid Healer

+ Reply to Thread