+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Void?

Shadowlander

Default The Void?

Hello,

I was wondering a bit about void knights within Rift's lore. What actually is the "Void" in this context? Is it just a generic video game dark magic energy thing, or does it have a specific place/role within the context of the planes and Telara?

I've tried checking for void knight lore, but all I see is just the the little story about the void knight versus the hags, so thought I'd check the RP forum for further help.

Thanks!

Plane Walker

I see the Void Knight as being a bit similar to Regulos, in the wanting to eliminate/devour.

In the tale of the Void Knight and the Hags, it seems Rasmolov's wish/desire is to eliminate all witches who fuel their dark arts with the blood and tears of innocents.
    Last edited by Mythue; 05-17-2013 at 07:09 AM.

I'm pretty sure 'The Void' is the space between stars and planets in the Rift Universe. I remember reading some lore about how the Blood Storm traveled the Void consuming worlds before arriving in Telara.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I'm pretty sure 'The Void' is the space between stars and planets in the Rift Universe. I remember reading some lore about how the Blood Storm traveled the Void consuming worlds before arriving in Telara.
    But they spawned from their planes in the Infinity Gate (Storm Legion lore).
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Plane Walker

The Elves tell it thus :)

The Blood Storm roamed the cosmos, cracking worlds for their sourcestone like marrow from living bones. Their trail of annihilation led them to Telara, and in the forms of vast dragons, the Blood Storm fell upon our world in a frenzy of greed.

The dread gods unleashed disasters and monstrosities of every sort. Wayward mortals even joined the dragonsí cause, willing to unmake the world for power and a place under those great leathery wings. Telara trembled on oblivionís brink, before the Blood Storm splintered, driven apart by their awful natures.

Soulwalker

So if we're going with both of those options, I would assume the void is the space between planes and also space between the stars. The Blood Storm eats worlds for their sourcestone, and they came upon Telara when the Infinity Gate activated. My guess is that when they opened the Gate, the Blood Storm immediately came through not because they were lying in wait, but maybe time moves differently in between the planes if time moves at all.

As for the void itself, maybe it has some form of energy that Void Knights can channel? This is all just a guess, though, so don't quote me on anything. >.<
    Last edited by R Kneesocks; 05-22-2013 at 11:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread