+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By oddbox
  • 1 Post By vermillian

Thread: Learning to Role Play - Faeblight

Default Learning to Role Play - Faeblight

Hi all,

I'm a veteran Role Player and have played in many MMO's, some tabletops, and Forum RP communities. In some of these MMO's, a group of us got together to have 'Learning to Role Play' classes for newer Role Players to the server/shard/game. I've seen an influx of new Role Players in the game and was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me set up some of these classes. The thought behind them is to simply give the very basics on how to Role Play for the newer players and a refresher for those coming back to RP after a hiatus. It's can also be a great way to get any Role Playing questions you may have answered by different viewpoints.

When I've participated in these in the past, they've always been a great way to meet fellow role players as well as introduce a community viewpoint on Role Play to people. It also gave a unique opportunity to those who did not Role Play to find out what some of it was about.

I was thinking, depending on how much help I have with this, we could set up a class every two to three weeks and the class itself would last roughly two hours, possibly more if we go into deeper subjects. The subjects we would cover would be everything from RP walking and emoting to Auto-hitting and Meta-Gaming, to RP Etiquette and the difference between IC/OOC interactions. I've had great success with this in previous games and with Dimensions, I think this could turn out to be a wonderful collaborative effort between all the guilds and something that could bring Role Players together to discuss ideas and questions in a judgement free environment.

If this sounds like something you'd like to help with, drop me a line here so we can get this up and rolling!

Thanks much!

Shyn - Faeblight
    Thema - Faeblight

Count me in!!

I would be happy to help out with this.

I have a Guardian toon that I dont play much but dont mind either way either fraction.

Khufu
    Faeblight
    Defiant
    Play time: Fri & Sat 10pm ish to 2am ish

This sounds like a great community program and I'm always interested in getting to know my fellow players. I've RPed in forum settings for ages and I was also part of an RP guild in a different game (it's been a while though).

I've also taught classes to new players on another game (was a community volunteer for that company), but those just revolved around the game basic mechanics. However, I know how to deal with a crowd. LOL

I would also like to offer up my dimensions for the meetings to take place. And/or we can rotate where we meet (like my writer's group did lol).

So, in short, I'm interested.

You can get in touch with me on either Aggy or Agrona (I use my other alts just for Dimension building purposes so far lol)

Plane Touched

I think this is a good idea, especially considering the influx of players we'll be seeing shortly. Count me in if you need an extra hand.

Tajna - Faeblight
    "You haven't just crossed over to the Dark Side...you're baking the damn cookies!"

I just came back to the game after about two years, and had to move off my old RP server (which is now a trial-only server), and ended up on Faeblight. I'm always up for meeting more RPers.

Soulwalker

I hate to bring up an old thread, but did y'all ever start this? I've been gone for a couple years, and I was also on an old server that got changed to trial. I enjoy coming up with backgrounds and stories, and I often draw my characters, but I never have anyone to learn from for the actual rp ._. I have both guardian and defiant characters on Faeblight, but I prefer my guardians.

Soulwalker

Oh - my preferred characters are: Caelria (Eth Warrior) and Veranistra (High Elf Cleric).

Ascendant

I'd be in for this too... but I think I'd be more a learner than a teacher. I do a lot of creative writing and character development though, so maybe I could help on that end.

I love this idea! I haven't role played in 4-5 years. Raiding ate up the majority of my time in other mmos. I am a returning RPer and I have some friends new to RP who are a bit intimidated by the idea. This would be great for us to meet people.
    Last edited by Litzy; 06-10-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Thanks for all the interest guys!

Please contact Shyn via in game mail so I know who is who

I'll be starting the classes now that things have calmed down a bit from the conversion to Free to Play. My first estimated class will be held on July 8th.

Again, thanks for all the interest and I can't wait to meet you!

+ Reply to Thread