Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Milyssa
  • 1 Post By Techie Will
  • 1 Post By Talila

Thread: The Mithril Shield's Hammerknell Exploration

Ascendant

Default The Mithril Shield's Hammerknell Exploration

Hi RP'ers

Just testing the waters for interest. We haven't yet set a date or time, but we know we'll need more people.

We at the Mithril Shield have always been about the redemption of Hammerknell. Yet due to our low post 50 population count (Currently hovering around 10), we are unable to venture into the area ourselves. Apparently even though we are mostly 60 our group size cannot enter. We need the help of the community.

Would the player base be interested in an RP run of Hammerknell with a clan of Dwarves? Post 50 would be required, however you can be a frest 50. With the number of 60's going, we don't see that as a problem (depending on the number of 50's vs 60's of course).

We would, of course, have to follow the mechanics of the raid. None of us (save maybe 1) from the shield have been into the raid before though.

Is there a handful of players who would be interested in RPing with us? No need to be dwarves, but that would be extra special.

I'd love to go Ann! If you want me count me in, it sounds really neat!

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

I don't raid, but I'd love to read a story about this!
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Great idea, I suggest our hirsute small guardians head your way

Ascendant

Misun, I plan to include the HK storyline as part of Gwenllian's adventures on my Rift blog... if that's what you were interested in when you said story, then you've got it... but it might be a few months because she first has to go through all of Moonshade and the chronicle.

Thanks for the interest guys. That is 4 now (including interested parties from faeblight united)

3 more and we'll have enough to start setting a date. Though 3 would not be hard to pug I don't think.

Woot! I'm glad to hear it and I hope it happens, I'd love to see what's inside!

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Just so you guys know, there's a little trick. Log onto alt characters and invite them into the raid, then log back over to your mains. You can have 10 people online and 5 people "offline" in the raid and still enter.

Basically, just fill the raid with offline alts and you can go in with how ever many people you want. We did this about a week ago while finishing up some achievements for people in our guild. Happy hunting in Hammerknell.

We did a hammerknell looks-run earlier tonight, and I can warmly recommend getting the full minimum of 15 people. Now of course many of ours aren't used to raiding -at all- but we certainly couldn't have completed it without the help we got. Some bosses are really easy, whilst others still require you to pay heed to the tactics.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    We did a hammerknell looks-run earlier tonight, and I can warmly recommend getting the full minimum of 15 people. Now of course many of ours aren't used to raiding -at all- but we certainly couldn't have completed it without the help we got. Some bosses are really easy, whilst others still require you to pay heed to the tactics.
    Thanks Talila for the post 60 look at that. We were not sure how much our armor would effect the progression. We don't mind dying, but needlessly wiping is no fun.

Also, thanks for the tip (one above you, forgot to quote) about the offline player. If we are one or two short, we can attempt it that way. I didn't realise that would work

I'd be willing to throw my dwarven mage "Woecaller" into the effort, though I don't know how much help I'd be. Details in a PM I sent to you.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

+ Reply to Thread