+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Peney

Thread: RP Addon.

Default RP Addon.

Hello people of the US and the EU. I myself am not a roleplayer in RIFT, but I do roleplay from time to time in World of Warcraft. There we have this great addon called "myroleplay" that lets you tell others (who of course have the addon) the biography, story, class, height, weight, eye color etc of your character. To make it more personal.

My question to this is: is there any kind of RIFT based addon that is similar to myroleplay? =)
    If you've played on icewatch. You've probably heard of me.

Soulwalker

In fact there is! I too am also a big rper from WoW. It made me a little sad that there wasn't anything like it, but as I was going through RiftRP.net (I think) I found this.

http://www.riftui.com/downloads/info236-Merisioux.html

Not as easy to get into as MRP, and I have yet to tweak around with it, but it does say that it is it's equivalent.

Ascendant

I use the Meri addon and it does what it promises. People with the addon installed can see what you've written

It is a blank slate - you have the option to give yourself a title, last name, alternate first name, nick name.

You get a box for your character description, a second box for your biography, and a third for Meta (aka something you want RP'ers to know about you OOC'ly)

It's been great to get to know who's RP and who is not.. and to remember if they've given me an alt name from their reg character name.

Thank you both for the replies. I've always found myself interessted in the Rift lore, but the roleplaying is something i've sorta been "scared" to dwelve into, since it is a new game, new lore and so much new to learn. But I truly am thankful for the replies I've recieved and I will check out both of the addon's you guys recommended me.

Once again, thank you!

Much love <3
    If you've played on icewatch. You've probably heard of me.

Ascendant

Its the same addon, I just cannot spell Merisioux properly. So I shortened it.

Just a note: There's an 0.13 update as of yesterday. During testing of another addon, I found a bug:

1. Click on a person who does have a bio.
    2. Click off them before the RP button appears.
    3. RP button appears! Whoops.

I keep planning to look for updates to make to this, but in practice, the largest thing I want to fix (the horrible mismatch between the writing/editing window and the display for the longer fields) is limited by API issues, so it won't get better until Zorba has a chance to fix the TextField objects. Which may be a major overhaul kind of thing.

I am always up for feature suggestions, etcetera; also, I have no objections to people writing other addons that use LibMerisioux for synchronization. There are other planned updates to the internals, like a switch to using the Storage API for faster retrieval, but I haven't had time for it yet.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread