+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapon Wardrobe

General of Telara

Default Weapon Wardrobe

(Sorry in advance if this is mentioned elsewhere)

I was just wondering if there is any news on whether there is going to be weapon wardrobe any time soon.
    I am wondering this as the way I see my character (warrior) in game is one that wields traditional high fantasy style weapons and armor. There are some weapon models in the game which would be fantastic to use as a wardrobe, these vairy from whites you can buy from vendors to old greens blues and epics. There are also some nice SL content models that I personally like and fit the idea of a classic fantasy themed character. If only we could use these models it would be fantastic

A weapon wardrobe would create variety in weapons as well as there are very few weapons to chose from at level 60. for instance most of the warriors in my guild all have the same Greatsword from infinity stones as there isnt any others of that level

I believe most RP'ers would kill to see a feature like this.

Personally, I hope they give us full freedom to mix and match. Meaning that all two-handed weapons can be replaced by all two-handed weapons.

Polearms with two-handed swords or two-handed maces etc.

But just the ability to wardrobe'ize weapons at all would be a huge plus.

General of Telara

Didnt they do a poll of the top things Role Players wanted to see in Storm Legion with weapon wardrobe topping it? I think they did but I cant remember doh

The Devs havent really mentioned anything about it which makes me sad
    Last edited by Balidin; 01-09-2013 at 04:31 AM.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ots-trion.html

Trust me, folks have been asking for this for a long time.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

I believe this still is the latest solid new's we've had on the feature:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...nges-more.html

Chronicles and the latest World Events have awesome looking costume weapons, but no wardrobe slot for them are there plans to allow you to change the look of your weapon through the wardrobe feature?

Adding Wardrobe weapon slots is a topic that comes up pretty frequently around the office. That being said we wont be adding them in the near future =( Overriding a weapons appearance is much trickier then changing the appearance of a helmet or a pair of boots. It effects the players animations since not all weapons support all animations, as well as being a key indicator to what type of opponent you are facing in PVP. As such its not quite as easy to just toss in as people might assume.
    That's a bit more than a year ago now, plans could have changed and all, but I would not hold my breath for this feature just yet.
    I think the priorities have shifted a bit among a lot of roleplayers too, ever since they broke the walking animation it's been topping the list for me. Along with a walk-speed+animation for mounts, but that's kind of in the same alley anyways.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    I was just wondering if there is any news on whether there is going to be weapon wardrobe any time soon.
    I recall the developers logging in pre-expansion, and this was one of the questions they fielded. The basic response was that currently weapon wardrobe slots will take a ton of recoding in order to implement, and therefore is not slated for any soon-ish implementation. They know it's something the player base wants, but it is somewhere lower on their To-Do list.

'Course, this was prior to SL, when they were highly focused on polishing/finishing the xpac. I still don't think it's something we'll see anytime soon, but it is on the developers' radar.
    "You haven't just crossed over to the Dark Side...you're baking the damn cookies!"

Like I post in all these threads, it will happen when they have enough spare time for someone to go for it.

That is the exact same reason Eq2 gave before they enabled weapon wardrobe slots. The whole animation conflict thing. When they first did it you could only use wardrobe weapons that matched your *actual* weapon you had on. Obviously they found a way to do it but only if you used a weapon that would match the animation of your real one. Then later, they actually figured out how to let us use a 2hander wardrobe weapon while equipping a 1hander wand and secondary.

They will get it eventually, I doubt it is high priority. Especially now with SL still being fresh and new. Sure lots of world events are being worked on, new future content. Sure there is some ember isle equivocal size patch that devs are going to be told about soon and start planning work on, if they haven't already. One day~
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

The problem here is that us PvP'ers can get a fairly solid idea of the opponent, based on the weapons equipped... and that goes for not only distinguishing a class, but telling whether they're PvE equipped, or if it's a Warrior DW'ing 1-handers, or anything like that. It's also a good way to tell what Rank-Range the player is in, as if they have Freelancer weapons, we can tell that the opponent may appear to be tougher to kill, as the guy/girl obviously PvP's a lot.

What they could do, is remove the appearance of the weapons in Warfronts and Conquest, and not be so bothered about animations. They don't seem to me like something that would be a big deal, infact - I think it would be pretty cool swinging a huge 2h'er around like a 1h'er! :P

This question has been asked a lot, and any time is answered by an employee (remotely or in full) the answer is not in the near future. With those responses starting a year ago, you won't see this feature unless it comes with a major content update.
    "The way is shut, it was made by those who are dead, and the dead keep it."

The conflict in implementing it seems to be in having a wardrobe weapon that is different to your equipped weapon (e.g. 2h in wardrobe, 1h equipped). Shouldn't it be easy to at least implemenet a wardrobe that changes the look of a weapon as long as they are the same type, since the animations are the same?

It looks to me that another alternative already exists, the upgrade system. The model of some upgraded items changes when upgraded (like the 2h greatsword). Couldn't they implement some sort of upgrade system that lets you use 1 item to upgrade another and take on its appearance?
    Biz - L60/P81 Warrior

+ Reply to Thread