+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eth Tribe Names

Default Eth Tribe Names

Probably brought up before, but... anyone come up with names for the unnamed Ethian tribes?

Officially there is Arkeen, Khaliti (sp), Mhkai, and Catari.

I assigned a tribe name of Eboni based on the name of the fallen Ethian city Charmed Eboni.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

I use Egyptian themes with mine, usually accompanied with a ' to give it a bit of flavor and breathing room. In regards to names with in-game weight, I'd have to look.
    "The way is shut, it was made by those who are dead, and the dead keep it."

Plane Walker

Are the Lycini considered as an ethian tribe?

Thats a good question! I dont know anything about their lore... my highest almost 51, but been playing my 30+ cleric mostly.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mythue View Post
    Are the Lycini considered as an ethian tribe?
    No. The Lycini are the people of the Brevanian empire. The Eth had their own empire, culture, history, etc. Both human races, but completely different nationalities.
    "You haven't just crossed over to the Dark Side...you're baking the damn cookies!"

D Actually if you look at the full lore it is likely that the people of the Mathosian continent are related to the new continents. They are all humans. The elves stumble upon man essentially and one group eventually goes south holding to no god (the eth) so genetically Mathosiandand Eth = Man.

With that out of the way it is assumed by the elves that their sudden arrival, not claiming any single deity AND their rapid rise to primacy means they were created by all the gods. What seems most likely is that banishment, disaster, something brought man to Mathosia from Brevane/Dusken. The animalistic nature of man upon their discovery by the elves could be easily described by people so used to reliance on technology (Brevane had air-ships mono rails etc pre-ward) suddenly finding themselves bereft of such comfort (read lord of the flies).

I think it likely that the Eth actually "rediscovered" tech. The source stone that powers Eth tech is condensed planar power while Empyrean Mechanics are based on planar power via natural ley lines.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Plane Walker

I came across the Queen Miela in Ferric Harbor who said, It is said, that the people of Brevane were the ancestors of the Eth and Mathosian.

What is still a touch confusing to me with this new lore, is when humans were created, when the Gods of the Vigil joined together? or before they joined together.
    Last edited by Mythue; 12-29-2012 at 05:01 AM.

Plane Walker

and then there is this:

"Humans first appeared in the great High Elven forests of Tavra sometime after the Age of Legend. Unlike many of the other races on Telara, humans were created by a collaboration of all the gods, which may explain their swift rise to dominance throughout the world. At first, Humanity was nothing more than wild beasts, seemingly foraging through the forests in very loose clans with no language or apparent intelligence."

arn't the dragons considered the Bloodstorm Gods?

Plane Touched

The Dragon Gods are gods, yes...but not gods of Telara. They came from other planes, attracted by the sourcestone the planet was made from.
    "You haven't just crossed over to the Dark Side...you're baking the damn cookies!"

According to the lore pages, like the poster above me commented, the humans were created and brought into being right there in the forests of Silverwood and Gloamwood, where the Elves patiently taught them their ways. Eventually the human tribes splintered off and left the forests, some going south to become the Eth, and some going north to become the Mathosians. But than in another section, it says that the people of Brevane/Dusken were the ancestors....but how can they be the ancestors when a different part of the lore clearly states that the humans were first created by the gods in the forests of Silverwood, where they were little more than beasts before evolving into civilized tribes!! So who came first? The Mathosian continent humans or the Brevane/Dusken continent humans? If anyone knows the answer and has sources to back it up, please let me know!!!

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMaiden View Post
    Probably brought up before, but... anyone come up with names for the unnamed Ethian tribes?

Officially there is Arkeen, Khaliti (sp), Mhkai, and Catari.

I assigned a tribe name of Eboni based on the name of the fallen Ethian city Charmed Eboni.
    There were 13 Eth tribes.
    I found in game the following names:

Arkeen (probably was located in Freemarch, where was the life forge)
    Khaliti
    Mhkai
    Catari
    Fortuna (ancient name of Fortune Shore)
    Eboni (located near Charmers Caldera)
    Jaeserin (destroyed, location unknown)
    Yagadin (idem)
    Takhaat (Redoubt)
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 02-07-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherstorm View Post
    According to the lore pages, like the poster above me commented, the humans were created and brought into being right there in the forests of Silverwood and Gloamwood, where the Elves patiently taught them their ways. Eventually the human tribes splintered off and left the forests, some going south to become the Eth, and some going north to become the Mathosians. But than in another section, it says that the people of Brevane/Dusken were the ancestors....but how can they be the ancestors when a different part of the lore clearly states that the humans were first created by the gods in the forests of Silverwood, where they were little more than beasts before evolving into civilized tribes!! So who came first? The Mathosian continent humans or the Brevane/Dusken continent humans? If anyone knows the answer and has sources to back it up, please let me know!!!
    Not the first time we get two versions of history
    remember the Eth story.
    The first version we had was wriiten from elven point of view, and clearly biaised with their faith in gods and ignorance of the true story.
    Humans fleeing from Brevane and Dusken had their world destroyed by Dragons AND by the Vigil gods (the veil), they lost everything and in their new home they had to rebuild everything. No doubt they keep their secrets away from those Elves who revered the same gods and went their way, becoming Eth.
    I thing the less educated in magical things became the mathosians, following elven guidance, while those who kept the secrets of magitech ran away in defiance and tried to adapt.

It is possible, however, that the human race was created by the Vigil in Brevane and Dusken, because the Lycini have faith in gods, and these gods are the Vigil. But the Human were here long before they settled in Mathosia.
    The Ethian solar cult also has its origin in Tynandra, I think, with the Solar Orb. Ethian religion seems to be more of a philosophy, a way of mind than a true cult.

+ Reply to Thread