+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Maeloda

Thread: A Zone Lore Question!

Default A Zone Lore Question!

Hello my lovely forum lurkers! I was wondering, since I'm writing an RP blog about my journey from 1-50 (60 in expansion) I was looking for like um...a concrete lore direction to go via the zones.

I mean to say, how does the story progress in terms of zones. My character is a Guardian, so she needs to go the quest route of a Guardian. Which zones, in order, should I play through as I level? I don't care about which has more exp or anything, I want a chronological LORE order of zones, please?

It would greatly help me! Oh and if you want, a list of the Defiant zones, in story order, would be awesome too!!!

Thank you! I would absolutely love any help on this, since this is only my 2nd character leveling to 50 and the first one I didn't pay much attention to and just ran around haphazardly.

Much love, N

PS: I would love if this included EI, dungeons, and anything else relevant to the lore of Rift! Just a nice simple list, as much as you can, thanks!
    Last edited by Raeslyn; 11-06-2012 at 01:58 PM.

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Defiants start:

Freemarch -> Iron Tombs -> Freemarch -> Stonefield -> Deepstrike Mines -> Stonefield

Guardians start:

Silverwood -> Realm of the Fae -> Silverwood -> Gloamwood -> Darkening Deeps -> Gloamwood

Then they both converge:

Scarlet Gorge -> Foul Cascade -> Scarlet Gorge -> Scarwood Reach -> King's Breach -> Scarwood Reach

After this your choices are:

Droughtlands -> Fall of Lantern Hook -> Droughtlands
    OR
    Moonshade Highlands -> Runic Descent -> Moonshade Highlands
    HOWEVER remember that while the opposite faction can get teleports behind enemy lines to these locations, Droughtlands is next to Freemarch (which is Defiant controlled) and Moonshade Highlands is next to Silverwood and Gloamwood (which are Guardian controlled).

After these your choices are:

Iron Pine Peaks -> Stillmoor -> Abyssal Precipice (Which is technically in Iron Pine Peaks) -> Stillmoor
    OR
    Shimmersand -> Charmer's Caldera -> Shimmersand.
    HOWEVER, Moonshade Highlands doesn't bring you to as high of a level as Droughtlands, and Iron Pine Peaks starts at a lower level than Shimmersand to compensate for this. If you went to Moonshade, Iron Pine Peaks is the next logical step. Otherwise Shimmersand is more logical.

After this is when you'd go to Ember Isle and Caduceus Rise.

Hope this helps! Sorry if my formatting isn't the most user-friendly.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Mine will be a partial copy+paste of the previous one :P

1) Guardian specific (Level 1-25, Death/Life/Fire focus):
    Mathosia --> Silverwood/Sanctum --> Realm of the Fae --> Gloamwood --> Darkening Deeps

2) Then you go to the 'converged' zones (Level 25-35, Death/Life/Fire/Earth focus):
    Scarlet Gorge --> Foul Cascade --> Scarwood Reach --> King's Breach

3) Then you take two paths. As a Guardian, you might want to finish at Stillmoor last, so you 'should' take the south 'detour' first (Level 35-50, Air/Earth/Fire focus):
    Droughtlands --> Fall of Lantern Hook --> Shimmersand --> Charmer's Carcera

4) Then you head north on your primary journey through Dwarven and Mathosian lands (Lv 35-50, Water/Death/Air/Life focus):
    Moonshade Highlands --> Runic Descent --> Iron Pine Peak --> Abyssal Precipice --> Stillmoor

5) Throughout this time, you have the Life Saga (Lv 1-50):
    Silverwood area --> Scarwood area --> Moonshade area --> Stillmoor area --> Greenscale's Blight

6) At Level 50, you area assumed to have done all previous quests, and can start with the Chronicle of Attunement, as well as the Chronicles themselves (GSB = 1.0, RoS = 1.1, HK = 1.3)
    River of Souls is the inevitable resolution of the 1.0 storyline.

7) I also consider all zone events, expert rifts, and raid rifts, to have story. Iron Pine Peak also has an extended questline that is more for Lv 50 characters, and it relates to the final boss in the new Exodus of the Storm Queen dungeon. The regular forms of the Lv 1-50 dungeons have quests and certain scenes, but the Lv 50 expert and master mode dungeons have more bosses and areas, and maybe more scenes. Sliver raids can be done at any time, as they tell of an alternate Telara, not directly related to our own storyline.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7) The next chapter to Rift is the 1.3 Waves of Madness story (Lv 50):
    Hammerknell (or at least the Chronicle) --> Water Saga, all three Acts --> do Hammerknell raid if you can.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8) The next chapter is the 1.6-1.8 Ember Isle story (Lv 50-52):
    Ember Isle --> Cadaceus Rise --> 'Wanton Maw Saga' (questline in your home city) --> Infernal Dawn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9) The latest part to Rift is the 1.10-1.11 leadup to Storm Legion (Lv 50-52):
    Current World Event 'Tempest Rising' --> Exodus of the Storm Queen
    Last edited by Maeloda; 11-07-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Ascendant

aye there - I agree with the above.

I found some leading quests that might help you out - keep in mind I've only close read until halfway through scarwood (but iv'e done a fair bit of questing so can still get the gist)

OH! This is storyline spoiler heavy... so if you want to actually experience the story be warned.

In Silverwood, the professors at the college ask for your help with the wanton and then send you into Gloamwood to deal with the wanton who have been displaced because of your acts.... Gloamwood quickly there after becomes about the deathtouched.

In Gloamwood you meet Alsbeth for the first time, she is plotting (as per usual) but takes off when you spoil her plans.

The lead into Scarlet Gorge is simply that their troops requested your help - but part of the reason they are in need in the first place is Alsbeth again ((for my story I used that as the tie - but you may find better)) And the Wanton are pretty busy here in Scarwood also.

I didn't really find a tie between Scarlet Gorge and Scarwood. There would have been a perfect one, as Alsbeth talks about her sceme a bit, but the resolution to that storyline takes place in the dungeon Foul Cascade and not in Scarwood. This transition might be tricky.

Scarwood starts it's own storyline - which is brilliant and will stretch from Scarwood to Iron Pine Peak and finish up in Stillmore. It revolves around Kain and I wont say more. Other storylines that involve the Guardians in Scarwood are centered around the endless cult. You could make this a tie from Scarlet Gorge to Scarwood - but it'd take some .... um... liberties.

You're next stop as a guardian will be Moonshade. You COULD go to droughtlands, but as guardians, our story pretty much goes to Moonshade. There isnt' really a tie from Scarwood to Moonshade. Moonshade is about fighting the abysal, the fae, and the endless. It has a great storyline, but I'm not sure it fits into any type of thru line.

Next would be IPP.. You might be further along ((for writing)) to skip from Scarwood right to IPP because Kain's story picks up in whitefall. This would be a good followthru ((and is what I plan to do with mine ;) Trouble with me being several zones ahead of you... but if you want to follow this line that's a-ok with me))

From IPP you can follow Kain's story right into Stillmore. There is a lot going on with the aelfwar in Stillmore too - but Kains story is to delicious to pass up.

Ember Isle doesn't really fit well..... unless you were doing the droughtlands/shimmersands story arc.
    Crucia and the expansion are, of course, tied to IPP - but not in a way that fits. I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with that... possibilities still swim around my brain.

The current World Event quests are staying as a questline. Just save it for last, if you're focused on storyline immersion.

Thank you all very much for the advice and suggestions! I shall follow them and create a sort of timeline, or zoneline, to follow as I level. Thank you again!!!!! I really appreciate any help I can get on how to progress through the levels as a story instead of just as exp!

Sincerly, N

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Netherstorm View Post
    Thank you all very much for the advice and suggestions! I shall follow them and create a sort of timeline, or zoneline, to follow as I level. Thank you again!!!!! I really appreciate any help I can get on how to progress through the levels as a story instead of just as exp!

Sincerly, N
    When you get into Storm Legion, as you follow the story quest lines, it will send you forward into each zone based upon that. There are two separate lines initially for the Cape and for the Kingdom though, just to be forewarned.

Ah okay, thx!

+ Reply to Thread