+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Azzagrath

Thread: RP Guilds on EU servers ?

Default RP Guilds on EU servers ?

Hi there !!

I'm new to RIFT, i was on RIFT Lite until now, but i love the game so much that i just switched to the real deal this afternoon

Anyway, i'm really looking for a RP Guild, but i just cant seem to find any on the EU servers

I first started playing on Argent, which is supposed to be the RP EU server, but it's deader than dead, so i switched to Icewatch which is a great server, but with no RP at all ...

Anyone know if there are any RP Guilds on some "alive" EU server ??

Thanx a lot !!

Depends how much role play you want.

The guild finder has an option for it. Our guild only like the rp as drunken raiders so if that light hearted rp element is you come visit our tavern
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

The Clandestine is alive, and we have been since launch. Unfortunately, we seem to be the only ones left as it is right now.
    Don't give up on Argent yet, it is quiet right now yes, but we all expect the dimensions feature to pull back some rpers and spark things up again

You can check us out on www.theclandestine.enjin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Intim View Post
    The guild finder has an option for it. Our guild only like the rp as drunken raiders so if that light hearted rp element is you come visit our tavern
    Well, i've tried checking the "RP" box in the Guild Finder, and found some Guilds (i'm already in one of them, Isfolket, and it's filled with very nice people), but they dont RP at all ...
    As for the drunken part, i'm not into Heavy RP, but i'm into "casual serious RP", so that might not do it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    The Clandestine is alive, and we have been since launch. Unfortunately, we seem to be the only ones left as it is right now.
    Don't give up on Argent yet, it is quiet right now yes, but we all expect the dimensions feature to pull back some rpers and spark things up again
    You can check us out on www.theclandestine.enjin.com
    The thing is, i've moved out of Argent because, really, it's so dead, i dont think i've seen a single player when i was levelling there ... i dont know how World Events could even work on such a server ...
    Maybe you would consider moving to another server ?

Anyway, maybe the solution here is to create my own cross-faction RP Guild on Icewatch ?
    Cross-faction because it would be hard enough to attract RolePlayers, so i'm not sure that splitting them into two halves would be such a good idea

Plane Touched

Argent is fine - and guilds on argent are good choice.

If you want RP argent is your place - you just need to find a guild that does RP. There are several guilds that do RP - although most do on specific days/times, so dont just expect to drop in and see RP going around.

I'm not going to advice any guilds since i'm not a RP player, but i can safely say come back - ask in lvl 50 which guild is active in RP and you will find your new home!

Well, thank you, but like i said, to me Argent is not "fine", it's completely dead, and besides now that i've played on Icewatch and see what a real server looks like i really dont see myself going back to Argent and playing alone

Soooo ... i think i'm gonna go ahead and try to create a RP Guild on Icewatch, do some advertising here and there, and see how it goes

Last I knew, the term "Death" means that something has ceased to live, and thus has stopped "Existing".
    I don't know what you see, but Argent is still there, there's also people and we eight-manned a zone event on Ember Isle in the -afternoon- of all times just the other day. Got me a nice lil' achievement and all!

I'll never ever move to Icewatch, the few times I ship a character there for the purpose of getting shinies at a better price, I've seen immense levels of goldbeggers, rude people in the chat, trolls and so on. Imagine how they'd treat roleplayers? I've not seen much "trash" on Argent since the very beta of Rift, it's always been a kind shard to be on, people are friendly and we take pride in that.

Could it be that you regard the shard as dead because you do not have any friends? Did you at all join a guild? We've got several raiding ones, there's Clandestine for RP, we've got the ooc rp chat as well for further connections between people.
    And did you perchance make up your mind on a sunday? Because sundays are notorious for the lack of people.. namely due to hangovers.

Also, but shouting that Argent is dead, and even more so by creating an RP guild on a non-rp shard - you don't really help the community. You do not make Argent look any more attractive (One way to turn the tendencies and "Ship" around, is to make an effort and make it as pleasant as is within your powers for new people to come to the shard), heck you could even go ahead and plan a guild now to give people more choices - People will undoubtfully return with Storm Legion.

I mean have you even -seen- Dimensions? Talk about the perfect RP tool.

I get that I might sound a bit like a fangirl, staying loyal to my shard to the very end - but I honestly believe that there is a future for Argent. If Clandestine ever dies, you can go ahead and say that the EU-RP community is dead, but we're not done fighting yet.

*puts her two silvers in a box*
    Last edited by Talila; 10-31-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Rude people and trolls in the Icewatch Chat, i give you that ... sometimes i really feel like i'm playing alongside all those stupid WoW kiddies that are playing an online grindfest game and have no clue what a MMORPG is
    Well, anyway, they play their game, i play mine, if they have fun doing that good for them, but me i'd like to play with people who enjoy the same kind of things that i do.

I do understand your point, but, as much as it's important to me to be playing a MMORPG, it's equally important to be playing a MMORPG !
    And i really didnt have this feeling on Argent, i played there for about a couple of weeks and really, i must have seen like 2 or 3 other players ... maybe i was too low level back then, and everyone's in their 50s right now ?
    But even so, i dont wanna wait till i'm 50 (which is gonna take a lonnnng time given how casual i am) to start interacting with other players ...

Ok, i tell you what : i'll try my little Icewatch RP Guild thingie, and if it doesnt work out because noone on Icewatch is interested in RP, then i'll try Argent again, with your Guild or mine (btw, can we transfer Guilds when we switch servers or do we have to create another one on the new server ?).

Deal ?

Plane Touched

It's clearly you are mistaken Argent. One day you will understand.

I couldnt agree more with Talila.

Quote Originally Posted by Simos View Post
    One day you will understand.
    Yes my Master

Prophet of Telara

When the Guild Master changes shards, the Guild goes with him/her. Other Guild members will get a notification about it and when they join the shard the Guild has moved to, they'll be reunited and can carry on as normal.

About trolls on Icewatch, I have to say half the trolls on Icewatch are baiting other trolls and it's mostly a big circle-wank in 1-29 and 50 chats. I can see why newcomers read it and get depressed. Since Nose left the quality of trolling has really degraded, and the height of wit appears to be seeing how many people one can bait with a 'WoW is the first MMO' quip

But I digress.
    I used to casually RP on Argent, back in the days when you could hardly move in Meridian without getting at least 3 different RP group conversations in the local chat, and when I also had some friends there in my Guild. Now I log in those alts to do the world event stuff and aside from a couple of raiding guilds, it's eerily quiet.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with your RP Guild initiative on Icewatch Have you got a name for the guild and so on pinned down yet?
    Last edited by Islesi; 11-01-2012 at 03:36 AM.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Islesi View Post
    Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with your RP Guild initiative on Icewatch Have you got a name for the guild and so on pinned down yet?
    Thank you

Yes, it's called Astral Templars, and i've already put up a little website to go with it ( http://astraltemplars.shivtr.com ), but of course for now there's noone except me in the Guild

By the way, if you're on Icewatch and have an alt or two that could help me set up the 4 people i need to officially create the Guild that would be nice
    Last edited by Azzagrath; 11-01-2012 at 04:04 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Well my Icewatch characters are tied up in other business atm, but if Rift Lite characters can participate in creating a guild for the purposes of signing a guild charter (I'm told they can't initiate Guild creation), then I have an account with a couple of lowbies I could use.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Great, thanx, i'll send you a PM and we'll see what we could do

Unfortunately mu experience of Argent has been much the same, so much so I gave up levelling and quit for a bit. However, SL makes me want back in so ill create a character on Icewatch and try find you guys

+ Reply to Thread