+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Future of RIFT?

Default Future of RIFT?

http://youtu.be/poBsYKxb--s
    I honestly have no clue what will happen next, and my rambling went on for ages, forgetting what I was supposed to say and all.
    the lore in RIFT is epic. And it should be so for ever!
    In Soviet Telara, environment raids you.
    Check out my twitch:
    https://www.twitch.tv/ahnket

I think you're both close, and far away from where the story is going.

The Vigil are seemingly well intentioned, actually.
    But this DOES NOT mean that the Vigil will always be on the SIDE of the Guardians.

You talk about the Vigil being bad guys, but ignore Orphiel somehow? Why? (I say this as a Defiant player).

Personally, I see traitors on both sides, from Orphiel to the Vigil, that manipulate this whole thing from behind the scenes, for their own grey-morality purposes.

And Ascended themselves will move past all of this. The factions will still exist though, with their own stories.
    Guardians becoming more about protection and preservation of the goodness in the world, and less about pure worship of the Vigil as more is revealed about them.
    Defiants becoming more about utilization of the powers they encounter, and advancement of technology, and less about magitech obsession in itself, as more is revealed about other types of planar power and how to incorporate it into their own magitech.

Ascendant

I have a feeling ORphiel will at least try to redeam himself for his past misjudgements.

I think the failsafe was originally created by him as a means to go back to before he opened the shade rift, but that's just my own theory. Sometime soon would have been the point in time he disapeared, if it was the original timeline... but anyways.

I don't know much about the Defiants storyline, but as far as I know there is traitors from both sides, King from Guardians, Alsbeth from Defiants and so on. I don't like that Guardians are being such biggots towards Defiants, whom seem to have gone the right path (even though, as I stated, I don't know much about their lore.)
    But it's all just a "small" summary of what myself and a couple of friends brainstormed one day, so it's nothing spectacular. Though I would love to see something like this happen!
    In Soviet Telara, environment raids you.
    Check out my twitch:
    https://www.twitch.tv/ahnket

Quote Originally Posted by darran View Post
    I don't know much about the Defiants storyline, but as far as I know there is traitors from both sides, King from Guardians, Alsbeth from Defiants and so on. I don't like that Guardians are being such biggots towards Defiants, whom seem to have gone the right path (even though, as I stated, I don't know much about their lore.)
    But it's all just a "small" summary of what myself and a couple of friends brainstormed one day, so it's nothing spectacular. Though I would love to see something like this happen!
    -Alsbeth wasn't a Defiant. She technically wasn't even a Guardian (as those didn't *fully* exist yet as a fully fledged organization until after the Fall of Port Scion, even if they existed as a classification of Ascended).
    She's a Mathosian born noblewoman, who's ancestor helped trap Crucia. This fame led to her line (Rothmann) starting in high esteem, even of over the generations, the descendents tarnished its reputation (and Alsbeth finally destroying it).

-Roll Guardian and you'll see a few things:
    --->Defiants can also be easily fooled, because they're more single minded on creating a new and shining civilization, and experimenting with magitech... so Aedraxis/Regulos fools them
    --->Orphiel hates the Vigil for no really solidly moral reason. He's just jealous of their power, even aside from any of his possibly good qualities.
    --->The Guardians have a focus not just on saving Telara, but also as many of its peoples and civilization as possible (excluding perhaps the already fallen Eth, Kelari's Ember Isle, and Bahmi tribe(s)). They want the world INTACT, not just existing for the plundering (as the Defiants tend to take the latter route)

I'm actually a Defiant player but I did most of the Lv 1-50 quests as a Guardian before that.
    Both have their pros and cons and are written to BOTH be needed to stop the planar corruption.

But yeah, its the GUARDIANS that tend to have far, far more traitors.

When Defiants have traitors, the traitors rarely actually embrace the corruption. In fact, they know enough about it that either they resist (Faceless Man, Asha) or they enable others to resist it more successfully than the pure (the bigger they are.. the harder they fall) Guardians (Kira&Uriel, Anthosia&her son).

When Guardians fall, don't expect them to come back to the fold. Only exception I've found is that the Aelfwar numbers may be returning to the Vigil, but that is ONLY after their far more stubborn leadership (mostly killed in Greenscale's Blight, Life Saga, and Stillmoor quests, but some in Scarwood and Silverwood) are killed.

+ Reply to Thread