+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interest check - Heavy RP guild

Default Interest check - Heavy RP guild

Hello everyone, I’m here to check the interest for a guild to be formed before Storm Legion. This potential guild will be heavy RP, focused on the lore of the game and working within it to tell stories of the characters within the guild.

There are certain things I do not see in other RP guilds, at least not out in the open, and I wish to include this in our creation. Note, I said ‘our’ creation. This is because I have a plan on how best to craft the guild in question; I don’t want to simply construct it myself, since my ideas alone pale to what several people would create. Instead I would like to have a small core team of interested role players to brainstorm and build the guild from the ground up to accomplish a broader goal of storytelling and cohesive narrative.

These core members would need to be dedicated to the vision, since a lot of people tend to lose heart and abandon projects that take a lot of work to create. To this end I would like to Skype or voice chat together with those chosen, in the hopes of growing to better understand one another and therefore be more attached to what is created between us.

More to the point, the things I want the guild to include within its core are the following:

1.) An understanding of the lore as it stands: And the ability to teach it to those that do not have it.

2.) Scheduled lore ‘excursions’ into the world: Where an IC history of the chosen location can be done for those interested.

3.) An IC chat channel and OOC chat channel: with an IC reason for why such instantaneous communication is possible.

4.) RP’ing out in the world as opposed to exclusively Silverwood forest: Making use of the many vistas and hidden places out in Mathosia instead.

5.) Battle and training RP with other guilds: Ideally utilizing a system of rolls and incentives that I would need to work on streamlining with another member of the guild. The ideal of an incentive roll system is to keep an improbable outcome from occurring. Ex: a low level warrior besting a cap level, better trained opponent. This is also to eliminate battles coming down to two combatants “auto dodging” one another in a desperate attempt not to lose.

6.) Becoming large enough to establish new ‘Blunted Quills.’ There are many other places suited to RP in, and it is a small annoyance to me in my time since launch I have seldom seen many of them used.

7.) Ranks that matter: A focus on not only making the next rank above you harder to obtain, but also making it mean something beyond just your in guild title changing. You will be given the rank IC by a higher ranking member, ideally in ceremony. This promotion will include new responsibilities, higher incentives in the combat system, and eventual incorporation to the storyline running through the different ranks.

8.) Storyline: There will be a guild storyline, and storylines running through each rank. This would mean that in between things I and other writers would create for the entirety of the guild, the ranks within it would have their own storyline that they could work within amongst themselves. Ex: The lowest entry level rank needs to prepare for an in guild tournament rewarded with ranking up, two teams of two facing off against one another. The storyline would culminate with the tournament and subsequent ranking up. Perhaps the losers would enact a plot to undermine the winners afterwards.

9.) Seriousness: My commitment to the guild will be such that I fund a website, Mumble, and whatever else we might need. This is meant to be a serious (but fun, of course) RP guild with a focus on small numbers but rewarding character progression and storytelling.

10.) YOUR goals: Yes, I will take your personal goals and IC desires into account. Want you character to lose an eye? We can make that happen in the next in guild storyline. My ultimate wish is for this guild to give your character mileage, giving you many, many things to use to flesh your character out. Scars won in battle with notable guild enemies, meaningful training allowing your Cleric to become skilled in the martial arts alongside the healing ones, ect.

These are but a few of my goals for the project, and everything down to the name and concept of the actual guild is open for discussion and debate. I shall be the guild leader, but beneath me shall be a committee for day to day operations. I shall require another writer or two to assist me in crafting the multiple storylines, as well as perhaps people interested in leading would be raid teams and things like that. Initially there will be a planning phase, followed by execution and finally expansion during which members will be chosen and interviewed ect. Only interested parties prepared to work to create an entire guild from simple concepts should apply. After about five planners have expressed true desire to do so, planning will begin.

I hope and look forward to hearing from all of you, and I can be reached in game by tell or by mail on the name “Solongo.” Let’s create something grand together.

Soulwalker

I'd be interested, though I have the sneaking suspicion that you're a Guardian. I didn't see it anywhere in your posts, but I may have misread or missed it entirely.. will this be a Guardian-only guild?

If it's a Guardian-Defiant one or a Defiant one, I'd be highly interested. I've been looking for a heavy RP guild to join since I got back but I haven't seen any that have quite caught my eye. I've been an active roleplayer for 7-9 years and will continue being one until.. well, until I die really!

I'm a storyteller, a lore-based roleplayer, and I love to create new characters whether big or large. I also make event characters if need be; I love planning out new events and making new "hot spots" for roleplay, etc. I've also taken up running newspapers in the roleplay games.

Either way, feel free to message me in-game or on here: the name's Sullyeol.

Alright, that's two on board so far. With three more, I shall consider the project a 'go.'

Soulwalker

It seems as though he will be looking for four more delightful companions now.

I've withdrawn myself from his guild attempt and send this out as a warning to all others. He will expect much of you, that can be seen and while it seems like a nice idea, he will put no trust into you. Don't expect this to be a friendly endeavour, as admirable as his goals may be.

Many and more issues wait with this one.

Default Good or bad?

While the above post is probably going to be taken to heart by at least some people, I urge everyone to give this new RP guild a shot.

Solongo has really good ideas in his head and is working with everyone he speaks with to get this guild up and running. A lot of thought and effort is being put into this guild slowly but surely by the main core of people that he is gathering. As a fellow guild leader, not many people can boast that much dedication to a guild.

Give them a shot, and I'm sure you won't be left unhappy with the ideas they pose.

Ascendant

I'm really really happy with my guild, but I'm happy to add fokes to my friend lists for random RP.

Good luck to you.

Hi! Great to see more RP interest! We're a medium-heavy RP guild ourselves and are always looking for more contacts. Especially ones who are loremongers like ourselves! Please keep Sedition in mind for future contacts and interactions!

Our base of operations is Fortune Shore - Free Poeple's Cafe, but hey if you're a guardian, just stand outside and give a "Halloooo" and someone's bound to come out and see who's come a'calling!

Good luck with your guild and we look forward to seeing you in-game and in-character!

Hey Yemaya, I'm in your screenshot for your sig!! That's me, right there in front, in the all red armor!!!!! *waves to herself* lol, that is just so odd! Everyone can see me there! Er...right...about this topic....

I love your ideas, and I've even met you IC a few times Sol! I love my guild and am incredibly happy with them, but I would love to consider your guild an ally!

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

I'd like to take part of it. Mind if I PM you on the details of my character?

Wanted also to let you know I'm a returning player and I wanted to advance firstly once again before RPing exclusively. Getting some gear, levelling, some gold. I can help with ideas for now!

As another returning player I'd definitely be interested. I can PM you any details you might want. It's been too long since I've enjoyed RP in an online game!

+ Reply to Thread