+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BMEgal
  • 1 Post By Milyssa
  • 1 Post By HannonHellbringer

Thread: RP Auction on Faeblight - Thurs at 7pm server time

Plane Touched

Default RP Auction on Faeblight - Thurs at 7pm server time

Sedition will be hosting a cross-faction RP auction on Sept 20th at 7pm, at Lantern Hook's gambling hall (second floor) in Droughtlands. A host of rare items will be available for bidding, including artifacts, rare weapons, and exotic pets. Come for the excitement, stay for the fun...and perhaps find yourself the lucky owner of a new special item!

((The items given are real, but the payment is just for RP...feel free to go as crazy as you like with the bidding!)).
    "You haven't just crossed over to the Dark Side...you're baking the damn cookies!"

Quote Originally Posted by BMEgal View Post
    Sedition will be hosting a cross-faction RP auction on Sept 20th at 7pm, at Lantern Hook's gambling hall (second floor) in Droughtlands. A host of rare items will be available for bidding, including artifacts, rare weapons, and exotic pets. Come for the excitement, stay for the fun...and perhaps find yourself the lucky owner of a new special item!

((The items given are real, but the payment is just for RP...feel free to go as crazy as you like with the bidding!)).
    I'll be there! Gonna have a party.

I am confused how this even works. I will have to come see.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Basically, come in character and place your bids. There will be an auctioneer calling for bids, you consider what your character would pay and bid accordingly.

Just because it's free doesn't mean you should go all out. If your character doesn't have a limit and just keeps one-uping everyone ((and snaging all the loot)) then it lessens the fun for others.

So, for example, I went to an RP auction the other week and an artifact relating to fire came up. Ceici is a fire mage who sacrificed her ties to the plane of Air (and her home afinity) to research the plane of fire. Of course she wanted that Item - But she's also a poor adventurer so she couldn't bid more than about 30 gold. That was my limit for anything she saw that interested her. But I didn't bid on everything, and knew when to say "No, sorry, too rich for my blood" .. The fire piece that came up, for example, she lost because another RP'er ((someone who was just learning, so i can't hold it against them)) would bid without thinking of the character motivation because they (the player) needed the artifact for their set. She was outbid within seconds on every bid - which is fine if its a heated bidding war, but a little offputting when you know the person isnt in character.

- Even though you're not paying real plat remember that you are getting real items. If you can afford it, it is nice to give a donation to the host guild. They are, after all, giving away their goodies that they could be putting on the AH.

That actually answers a lot of questions I had.

I have no idea what my rogue would bid for in character >.< Probably purple stuff.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

If I roleplay my character I am like the mafia mobster of Telara with a loaded bank with how many mercenary requests I full-fill. All the people in game know of me though is that I work at the little hut in SS making quilts for the people. They assume I have good business to say the least. I think an auction house for random valuables might be the place to find a dirty player such as myself acting like one of the locals. Of course, I wouldn't stir trouble, people in my business like to keep a low profile. But I am self made, I belong to no guild but my own name. My rogue finds her life easier if she holds no close ties and personal factions. I am wealthy though and may come just for the party atmosphere. Just because killing is my business doesn't mean I can't be the life of the party.

This might end up a fun thing.

ps. don't worry, I am not a jerk irl and would never harm the entire event. But so help me Regulos if someone is looking for trouble (flagged) I might leave a dead body behind.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-19-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Yea I normally post up as a body guard in the events. Can't miss the brilliant while armor and carnival mask ; )

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Milyssa View Post
    Basically, come in character and place your bids. There will be an auctioneer calling for bids, you consider what your character would pay and bid accordingly.

Just because it's free doesn't mean you should go all out. If your character doesn't have a limit and just keeps one-uping everyone ((and snaging all the loot)) then it lessens the fun for others.

So, for example, I went to an RP auction the other week and an artifact relating to fire came up. Ceici is a fire mage who sacrificed her ties to the plane of Air (and her home afinity) to research the plane of fire. Of course she wanted that Item - But she's also a poor adventurer so she couldn't bid more than about 30 gold. That was my limit for anything she saw that interested her. But I didn't bid on everything, and knew when to say "No, sorry, too rich for my blood" .. The fire piece that came up, for example, she lost because another RP'er ((someone who was just learning, so i can't hold it against them)) would bid without thinking of the character motivation because they (the player) needed the artifact for their set. She was outbid within seconds on every bid - which is fine if its a heated bidding war, but a little offputting when you know the person isnt in character.

- Even though you're not paying real plat remember that you are getting real items. If you can afford it, it is nice to give a donation to the host guild. They are, after all, giving away their goodies that they could be putting on the AH.
    This, pretty much exactly. Thanks for summing it up for me! We are going to try to hold an auction every two weeks or so. If you cannot make this one just keep your eyes peeled for our next one!
    "You haven't just crossed over to the Dark Side...you're baking the damn cookies!"

+ Reply to Thread