+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Improving the Role-Play experience in Rift v2.0

I wold like to see them creat. 4 hybred classes fusing wariors, clarics, rogues, and mages = 2 classes togeather to give a entirly new class and it will make it new and trion will be creating a new meaning to mmo rpgs
    -
    Last edited by richtofen; 08-28-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Knew classes
    Quote Originally Posted by richtofen View Post
    I wold like to see them creat. 9 hybred classes fusing wariors, clarics, rogues, and mages = 2 classes togeather to give a entirly new class and it will make it new and trion will be creating a new meaning to mmo rpgsand I think more people wold play rift than
    -

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

This is my own little list, the one I've been keeping since days of beta - It's been shortened thanks to the improvements, however I still have some things noted:

- Walk-modes for mounts. Really, not having them is beyond silly and by adding it, you'd allow mounts to function in roleplay (wouldn't be too fast to type and suchlike)

- Remove the restrictions of gear type from the wardrobe. You can already disguise your mage as a warrior with costume pieces, if the PvP'ers are so loud then force wardrobes to toggle off when entering warfronts/conquest.
    As for world pvp, encourage it to be a part of the challenge. You could also add class names to mouse-overs on hostile other-faction targets. I know things might not be this simple, but you're restricting the ability to look awesome and the combination-abilities of the gear you have in the game, which is flat out silly. People want to look good! Even if you'd only make this change on RP-PvE shards, it'd be amazing - might even encourage people who do not want RP/want to tolerate the presence of RP to select a shard that suits them more.

- Add a description tab to the Guild interface where you can describe your guilds. Roleplay guilds often have more to it than just announcing what they partake in of PvE/PvP activities, and it's still a challenge for most guild leaders to get people to check forums and suchlike for descriptions once they've joined the guild.
    The use would be good for non-RP guilds as well, they can use it for things like guild rules and their raiding schedules.

Finally, I'd wish we could find a way to draw people back to the game. The lack of advertising is very notable here in the EU, people hardly know of or remember Rift - and I'm speaking about gamers here!
    It's awesome that Trion is doing all of this for us, I love the dimensions feature - it's pretty much all I ever wanted and everything I never thought would be possible. But even if I never stop speaking about it, I can not for the life of me convince people to take a second look come SL. I'm super exited about this, but I feel like I'm standing alone with this gem and everyone else is just ignoring it.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

Soulwalker

I have an request. For players that have completed instances and wish not to have the RP play out for a 20th, 30th time, etc. a skip option much like a ready check would be nice.

You should add a monk class for those who cant decide between warriors and rogues

Deathbringer from deepwood

Most have been said already.

But I wanne pet my pet!!! I can spit on it, hit it, dance for it, but I cant just simply pet it and play a bit with it. Add this
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    Most have been said already.

But I wanne pet my pet!!! I can spit on it, hit it, dance for it, but I cant just simply pet it and play a bit with it. Add this
    Spit on it, hit it? why would the even include such options, thats sick. I mean sick in the orginal defination of the word such as in as in descusting.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Shadowlander

Default Rewritable emotes

Although more emotes are always good, a way to vastly improve them would be to implement rewritable animated emotes. Other MMOs have these -- where you can co-opt an animated emote for a different purpose. In those games, typing "/kneel pats the cat" for example, displays "[Player] pats the cat" while the kneeling animation (and audio, if any) runs.

It's not as nice to just stand by the cat and see "[Player] pats the cat," or kneel by it and see "[Player} kneels before cat."

Unfortunately, this implementation would clash with the auto-target function -- "/kneel pat" would currently match "pat" to a nearby toon, and produce something like "[Player} kneels before Patrick."

I'm not sure how you could implement rewritable emotes with the existing auto-target, but I trust your UI people to do their usual terrific work, and figure out a clever way. Rewritable emotes would open up a new area of RP, and make better use of all those neat animations and audio clips.

Ascendant

I agree.. I would like to pet animals or giggle quietly and have it actually giggle. If it could trigger the visual emote if it sees any words in your /e would be nice.

Off Topic - Hi Selim! Its nice to see you on the forums (Ceici is one of my many alts)

Back on topic - I would like to a built in RP addon like merisioux ... so that all players could see your bio/chosen names etc. They wouldn't have to put one in if they were not an RP'r but maybe it would spur some RP from those not interested in downloading the addon.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Questoften View Post
    Spit on it, hit it? why would the even include such options, thats sick. I mean sick in the orginal defination of the word such as in as in descusting.
    The original meaning of sick isn't disgusting, it's "ill; of unsound physical condition; unwell."

Quote Originally Posted by Proin Drakenzol View Post
    The original meaning of sick isn't disgusting, it's "ill; of unsound physical condition; unwell."
    You know what I mean.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Quote Originally Posted by richtofen View Post
    I wold like to see them creat. 4 hybred classes fusing wariors, clarics, rogues, and mages = 2 classes togeather to give a entirly new class and it will make it new and trion will be creating a new meaning to mmo rpgs
    -
    I fail to see how this is an improvement to the roleplayer experience.

Soulwalker

I would like to see customizable mounts. The ability to change their colors, like dyes work for outfits. Players would still have to buy the baseline one, but for a few gold could change their mount colors.

I would also like to see a T-rex mount or another dino type of mount, cause that would be awesome.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Napherious View Post
    I would also like to see a T-rex mount or another dino type of mount, cause that would be awesome.
    EI mount.

/10char

Rift Chaser

I am not a huge RP person but I have been on Faeblight since beta and the ONE thing I would love to see is an actual enforcement of your own RP rules. I do see you intend to update the RP ToS so I am hoping this means it will be enforced and not that it will be changed to show that there is NO RP ToS which I worry may happen.
    Even -Pax Illuminatus- Faeblight Shard
    Oddrit - Pax Illuminatus - Faeblight Shard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast