+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Improving the Role-Play experience in Rift v2.0

Soulwalker

I am glad Trion takes note of it's Rp players as a lot of games tend to null that area.

First and foremost - Chairs. This is a must, I am sure everybody else along with myself is sick and tired of sitting on the ground like a peasant.

Secondly - Fix the walking, it's wayyy too slow now, and fix the visuals of walking for certain Races (Bahmi's Males look like they are strutting down a catwalk, not how I envision a beast of a Bahmi walking)

Thirdly - We need more policing of RP servers, anybody that has RP'd has come into contact with people who don't RP and find the need to troll and ruin the RP experience for those who do, there are entire guilds that get in on this, one person will see a group RPing and plant a Guild Rally Banner so the rest of his non-RPing guild buddies can port in and start to harass RPers, I know it's a simple solution of /ignore but it's still frustrating as hell I know this from personal experience on Faeblight. I'm not too strict when it comes to naming a character, it doesn't bother me as much that people have stupid names on a RP server, but I know it annoys other people.

To be honest, Trion is kind to it's RP community and so far other than a couple of small things, has been a great place to RP. I am grateful this thread has become available for our small amount of an RP community to come together and voice their opinions.

WE WANT CHAIRS!

- Eliarra (Faeblight)US
    Gandrik (Faeblight)US
    Rhaegor (Faeblight)US

Plane Touched

Hmm..can't edit my post to enter this. Oh well...yay for extra posts?

I've always used the /em command and craft my own emotes, so I'm not too excited about extra automated emotes unless they come with animations. However, I'd love to see players being able to affect the world around them in small ways. Like if you gain your 10,000 Cultist Kills achievement, then the next time you enter a Storm Legion outpost they've got a wanted poster with your name on it. Or if you kill the merchant outside of Meridian then he gives you a little comment about untrustworthy Ascended before showing you his wares the next time you visit him to buy/sell things. Or NPC's responding to you with different levels of enthusiasm based on your reputation with their faction. Stuff like this would make the game more realistic for me.
    "You haven't just crossed over to the Dark Side...you're baking the damn cookies!"

I agree with everything people have posted here. The main things I'd like to see are more instances like the wedding instance but for different objectives... such as taverns, inns, holiday themes, etc.
    I'd also like see casual clothing for male/female characters.... perhaps actual skirts for female characters since I'm all about the RP clothes and love to mix and match.
    Last edited by oddbox; 08-24-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Default Animation for Weapon Sheathing

The game currently does not have an animation when you sheathe a weapon. Weapons are either in your hands drawn or magically teleported to your sides and back. This makes my soul sad

Oh thank you Trion! I love the fact that you're willing to ask these questions and actually give us feedback and try to IMPLIMENT some of these things we're asking for. Because of this I'm a RIFTer for life!

Hehe....give me the chance, and I'd write a book about the awesome world of Telara! no joke!

Anyhow....list incoming:

- Interactable objects (chairs, bowls of fruit, lanterns to turn on and off, a chest that holds extra items, an armor rack in your house where your extra wardrobe set is stored ect)

- Wardrobe slots for weapons

- Ability to put different armor types in wardrobe slot (not just chain for clerics, but also cloth/leather ect)

- Skirts, Shirts, Pants, shorts and other pieces of gear you can mix and match (wardrobe or not)

- NON-HELMET headgear! (Even the veils are helmets >< Can i have a circlet or something maybe?)

- Shoes, sandals, things other than heavy boots

- New hairstyles at the stylist (could even rotate 'the IT style' of the month or every few patches..or allow folks to buy them via a special vendor for permanent availability)

- NEW DANCES (for the love of god....can an Eth find some rhythm? why are they NOT bellydancing?!)

- OMG....back to clothes, why do we NOT have bellydancing costumes?!

- Jewelry/Belts that are visible on the character

- Additional emotes & animations that go with them (and don't FORCE you to stand all the time)

- Please fix the walk (way too slow, some characters also look very off when walking)

- Mounts that WOULD be able to walk/trott/canter (whatever it's called)

- Body tattoo (bahmi are supposed to have these intricate tattoos aren't they?)

- Spotlight community contributors

- SOCIAL ASPECTS
    Policing the trolls
    RP that affects the world around us (Voted in as mayor of a town for good deeds ect)
    PVP RP Servers
    Restricting the HUGE influx of non-rpers to the single RP server left
    Give GLs the ability to ban specific IPs from re-applying to the same guild

((><;;; This has turned out longer than I planned though I'm sure I could think of more. For now though...food for thought.))
    Last edited by Yemaya; 08-24-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BMEgal View Post
    If they allow NPC marriages, then Asha Cantari is going to have 8329404 husbands and 204876 wives.
    It would not effect lore be cause its instanced to your charcter she would spawn in your deminsion housing, and it would be just like it is forom elder scrolls online.

In this game they worked out all possible issues with this, and did as to add fun extra content to the game and mild benifits and rewards that could easily be adapted to rift.

They dont have to make Asha and shyla options, but think what a kick role players could get out of to put in there bios, they were married to sylvester, shyla or Asha. It would make role players very happy and increase there imersion. It would really make players feel they were involved.

You could also set it up by giving quest givers and random mpc a marrige quest option diologe, amd the mild buffs (optional it could be fluff) might be of intrest to raiders. My thread detals the skyrim system.

In any case this gos hand in hand with new player housing. Of course the system would be heavely adapted to rift for those that say it would have to be to work in this game. Feel free to PM me for more information.

It would not need to effect the lore of that charcter because its like slivers my thread details elder sdcroll onlines system. and even npcs that die later on in the game can be used as long as they are in the game at some point it would add alot of extra role playing content and fun.

This is not to replace player marriges but to add a option for those that dont want to role play a romantic love intrest, but still wont there character to have a spouse. Or for non role players too for the fun added content and mild benfits.

This is also a option for those concerned that player marriges may not last and want a permant spouse for there character. They could even make it a side thing where you could have both but this might be inaproprate.

I'm campaining for this change, and encouge you to read my thread and also look it up on wiki for more details. If you agree add the link to my thread in your sig.

Any issudes you have can be worked out. Same sex/interatal definantly allowed. Also maybe cross faction npcs if we work out a way and this would go woth rifts new direction in SL. (forbbiden love lol).
    Last edited by Questoften; 08-25-2012 at 04:29 AM.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Oh yes, another thought....

We have these lovely instruments - the lute and the flute....could we possibly have a means to compose music with it using simple keypress with modifiers?

More interactable items like this would be great. As well as a few other variety of instruments. A koto, a shamisen or an erhu would be lovely for bahmi.

Soulwalker

Default More Hair / Beard Styles and Facial appeareances when creating your character.

I think there should be a wider range of Hair Styles and Beard Styles when you create your character also i noticed there isn't enough face templates for example i wanted to make a mage that looked old and wise but all the appearances where quite young looking.

Default Rift Love connection personals!

Rift Love connection personals: A player personals marrige thread sticky where players that are looking to get married can post there personals adds via posts! They list the server they are on and character name! As well as there RP perefenses, a little about there character, likes/dislikes and what they are looking for! Or people could reply to them Via PM if they did not want to give name/server!
    Last edited by Questoften; 08-26-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Weapon scabbards, sheathing animations and LOTS OF TATTOOS! I want my toon tatted just like me : D

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    Weapon scabbards, sheathing animations and LOTS OF TATTOOS! I want my toon tatted just like me : D

Spelt as TATTOOS. Read as TACOS.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Yemaya View Post
    Oh yes, another thought....

We have these lovely instruments - the lute and the flute....could we possibly have a means to compose music with it using simple keypress with modifiers?

More interactable items like this would be great. As well as a few other variety of instruments. A koto, a shamisen or an erhu would be lovely for bahmi.

This.

LOTRO had it figured out. Twelve notes (key 0 through key =) with differing pitch (shift 1-12, alt 1-12, ctrl 1-12). Bam - music.

Do it.

As everyone else has mentioned: Interactive objects. Chairs, benches, hell, doors to your home would be nice but I'd be happy to actually sit in a chair.

Weapon wardrobe slot. I would consider this okay to keep class appropriate, no mage with a 2h axe, but still, weapon wardrobe slot.

More hairstyles.

Less recycled armor designs. Kudos to your artists, but let them do more

Additional emotes and/or refinement of existing emotes. I'd love to be able to wink at someone in a non-flirtatious manner :P

More interactivity with simple companion pets. As someone mentioned, maybe simple attack animations (no damage, just a visual clue they are helping).
    Last edited by ZeroMGA; 08-27-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Soulwalker

I would love to see more wardrobe costumes, including the ones the NPCs have. It doesn't always make sense to show up with friends wearing your dragon head shoulders and imposing robes. Ascended get breaks now and then and I think they should look the part of a Telaran when they aren't slaying cultists.

Soulwalker

Kind of an RP suggestion, kind of a general gameplay suggestion; but I for one (and i suspect others) would like a way to choose what RACE attacking animations i use. For example i love the elf mage animations, but i dont have an elf mage and would love to be able to use the animations for my 50 mathosian mage who i've had since launch. Magic coming out of the staff is ALWAYS cooler looking than out of the hands Surely this is a simple possibility.

Although I am not an active RP player, i enjoy Rift with my girlfriend as a great, dark fantasy game, away from collecting items. I like the dark scenario where there is dangers everywhere. A few additions would be really nice:
    • Weapon-wardrobe-slot please! There are so many great weapon models in this game!
    • More options for the Barbershop in general
    • More beards and hair styles. As a Mathosian, i hate it, to only have one "real" beard
    • More face options. All characters look young and something similar. Scars would be great, at least we live in a dangerous world ;)
    • Perhaps the opportunity to be touched by the planes. Much like tattoos, for example.
    • Some instanced Mini-Games like the GW2-thing with the barrells, just for fun. perhaps with leader boards, weekend-competitions and rewards.
    • expand the marriage system. Small skills like teleport to the other with a cooldown or similar things. information, how long you have been maried.
    • the opportunity to put twinks as NPCs in the dimension.
    • A kind of a family tree, something like the legacy-system in SWTOR
    • More chronicles, they are nice for experiencing the story of the raids, without having to raid. Throw the old raid armer as wardrobe items in the lootlists.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast