+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ascended bellybuttons --- what up with that yo?

Plane Touched

Default Ascended bellybuttons --- what up with that yo?

Alright, so if Ascended are "reborn" being either through some godlike/spiritual figure or a toaster oven-like incubation machine of some sort, it would mean they would have no need for an umbilical cord, and thus wouldn't have a bellybutton, right? So if this is the case why do they have them then? Was the vigil just like "hey they totally had a hole thingy here before, they need that for stuff, let's put it back" type of thing or what?

And that leads us to the Defiant conundrum... they used technology to bring their champions back, so instead of a bellybutton don't you think they'd deserve some sort of awesome magi-tech usb dongle in the front that screams, "sup bro i'm ascended, plug me right in and I'll do a little dance"? (i'm lookin' at you, Bahmi's)

But seriously, is there any lore out there reflecting this hard hitting question, or perhaps a certain Krunkatron would be able to enlighten us on this and any other Ascended bellybutton/dongle related questions? Like what about Crucia in her human aspect? Bellybutton ---- seriously? I don't think a dragon needs one of those either... Thank you

Well for the defiant side it's easier to just use the mechanism in place to give the growing embryo its food stuffs. Hence their technology would likely use the umbilical cord to provide nourishment in its embryonic stage just as nature has done for billions of years across multiple species.

On the guardian side, well since these folk were already born once - a rebirth would likely give them all the features that made them who they were in the first place, including a bellybutton. They had a belly button when they were alive so why not have one on resurrection/rebirth.

I'm pretty sure it's described somewhere that the Vigil restores your body and then makes it stronger (Mentally, magically and physically) as well as they give the ability to die and return.
    I reckon it's in the Vigils best interest to restore the body as it was down to perfection, why would they want to make people look different by removing their belly button? It's a reminder that they were actually born once and aren't monsters or demigods or so.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's described somewhere that the Vigil restores your body and then makes it stronger (Mentally, magically and physically) as well as they give the ability to die and return.
    I reckon it's in the Vigils best interest to restore the body as it was down to perfection, why would they want to make people look different by removing their belly button? It's a reminder that they were actually born once and aren't monsters or demigods or so.
    That still wouldn't account for the cloning of Defiants via technology and their apparent lack of a USB dongle like apparatus to plug into stuff. Unless it's like those gooey egg sac things the machines in the Matrix used. It's not like that would be the only thing that could be perceived as borrowed lore-wise by Trion...

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeadope View Post
    That still wouldn't account for the cloning of Defiants via technology and their apparent lack of a USB dongle like apparatus to plug into stuff. Unless it's like those gooey egg sac things the machines in the Matrix used. It's not like that would be the only thing that could be perceived as borrowed lore-wise by Trion...
    "For just a moment, my essence hovered, free floating, and then tendrils of pure Source seeped from the walls of the machine, mapping themselves into the grid of a figure bearing a likeness that was all too familiar. This woman had once borne great power, with the bearing of a High Priestess among the Kelari. I recognized her as the woman I had once been.

Then the pain began. The gridlines began to harden to a physical form; first bones, and then coarse ropes of sinew, and then organs took root and exploded into shape until finally a sheaf of flesh spread to cover the whole of it. Every step hurt beyond description, but I did not cut myself loose from it. I embraced the agony of what I would later know to be my rebirth.

Finally, life returned with a final electric current. Cold breath struck my lungs, my eyes flew open, and a voice said, “Welcome back, friend."

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=25340

There's no need for a plug as I see it. The technology has a mold - a picture to go by and seemingly the pure sourcestone shapes everything she once was, down to the last detail.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    "For just a moment, my essence hovered, free floating, and then tendrils of pure Source seeped from the walls of the machine, mapping themselves into the grid of a figure bearing a likeness that was all too familiar. This woman had once borne great power, with the bearing of a High Priestess among the Kelari. I recognized her as the woman I had once been.

Then the pain began. The gridlines began to harden to a physical form; first bones, and then coarse ropes of sinew, and then organs took root and exploded into shape until finally a sheaf of flesh spread to cover the whole of it. Every step hurt beyond description, but I did not cut myself loose from it. I embraced the agony of what I would later know to be my rebirth.

Finally, life returned with a final electric current. Cold breath struck my lungs, my eyes flew open, and a voice said, “Welcome back, friend."

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=25340

There's no need for a plug as I see it. The technology has a mold - a picture to go by and seemingly the pure sourcestone shapes everything she once was, down to the last detail.
    So then it's more akin to baking cupcakes? Well I guess that's something then...

So the epic Ascended battle boils down to Jesus vs cupcakes, holy crap I love this game!!!!

Actually, it's more akin to different toppings of cupcakes. Do you want Vigil meringue or magi-sprinkles?
    Abbess, Petals of Mariel-Taun
    Avatar provided kindly by Cakuu! <3

The belly bittons are now vasigual, just like the anus, in my opnion on ascended.

^ continuation of above post (wont let me edit after 5 min) want to exsplain.

Its vagsigual because they where recreated, reconstructed not born, or rather reborn without birth from a mother, therfore its just a reproduced navel.

The anus is vasigual Because I belive ascended are immaculate and dont go to the bathroom. My theroy is there body just burns up any nurishment and they dont need to eat and the heath recovery drinks are just a game mechanic. I roleplay mine as not needing to eat but eating and drinking because they enjoy it. Like ramsey the damned, who was a immortal man, in that Anne rice book.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

The truth behind your ascended navel:

Guardians: You are a once deceased, reborn - saved by the gods your body is re-cast in its original image, anatomy and all.

Defiant: Your body is a test tube baby, nutrients were injected directly into your developing digestive tract using a system mimicking the functions of an umbilical cord.

~Thread.
    Last edited by Elrar; 08-22-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    The truth behind your ascended navel:

Guardians: You are a once deceased, reborn - saved by the gods your body is re-cast in its original image, anatomy and all.

Defiant: Your body is a test tube baby, nutrients were injected directly into your developing digestive tract using a system mimicking the functions of an umbilical cord.

~Thread.
    Ok the defiants make your entire body out of sorcestone what do the gods make it out of?

Tests tube babies huh? No wonder their always so mad talk about daddy issues

Quote Originally Posted by Questoften View Post
    Ok the defiants make your entire body out of sorcestone what do the gods make it out of?
    Exact same thing. The Defiants copied the Ascension that the Gods did. Sourcestone is the stuff of everything.

When in doubt, Sourcestone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Questoften View Post
    ^ continuation of above post (wont let me edit after 5 min) want to exsplain.

Its vagsigual because they where recreated, reconstructed not born, or rather reborn without birth from a mother, therfore its just a reproduced navel.

The anus is vasigual Because I belive ascended are immaculate and dont go to the bathroom. My theroy is there body just burns up any nurishment and they dont need to eat and the heath recovery drinks are just a game mechanic. I roleplay mine as not needing to eat but eating and drinking because they enjoy it. Like ramsey the damned, who was a immortal man, in that Anne rice book.
    Of course ascended poop, where do you think all those spell/attack power cupcakes and fish feasts go? Unless bulemia is running rampant throughout Telara, I'd assume that even the most powerful of ascended have to blast the occasional dookie.

And thanks for clearing this up Elrar, taking the fight to the hard hitting questions as always

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeadope View Post
    Of course ascended poop, where do you think all those spell/attack power cupcakes and fish feasts go? Unless bulemia is running rampant throughout Telara, I'd assume that even the most powerful of ascended have to blast the occasional dookie.

And thanks for clearing this up Elrar, taking the fight to the hard hitting questions as always
    Mine dont.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast