+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HK relic weapons = soggy floors

Plane Touched

Default HK relic weapons = soggy floors

I have both the Undertow Rifle and the Soliton Blade. I love both, but it after looking at the models up close, I noticed the constant water effect. It looks amazing, and kudos to the devs for it.

But in terms of lore, how does an ascended deal with the constant flow of water? I mean, given the number of HK relics out there, Droughtlands and Shimmersand should be a rain forest by now. Sanctum structures would have wood rot.

I know it's a minor issue, and there probably isn't an answer. It just popped into my head.

This is one of the reasons why roleplayers do not factor raids, dungeons and quests into their characters individual story (instead we create our own, still within the setting/lore, and use roleplay to play out various scenarios). The issue also presents itself with the fact that thousands have experienced the akylios fight for example, but in the game world it wasn't 1000 ascended gathered killing Akylios, it was 20. History wise you can only count one victory, one defeat of akylios. The best way to go about it, in my opinion, is to simply go by the small numbers instead of the big ones when it comes to the story. Factor your raid team in for raids, but otherwise don't factor others into the storylines we all go through.

Plane Touched

Thank you for the clarification, Talila. I admit I'm not a RP player. I probably posted this in the wrong forums -- it should have gone into the Lore forums, but I didn't see it on the front page.

I just thought it would be a strange, although minor, thing to deal with. I can accept the premise that 20 ascended defeated Akylios. But I still imagine an ascended running around with a relic weapon + tons of towels to soak up the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtaposed View Post
    Thank you for the clarification, Talila. I admit I'm not a RP player. I probably posted this in the wrong forums -- it should have gone into the Lore forums, but I didn't see it on the front page.

I just thought it would be a strange, although minor, thing to deal with. I can accept the premise that 20 ascended defeated Akylios. But I still imagine an ascended running around with a relic weapon + tons of towels to soak up the water.
    I suppose a mage might be able to find a way to absorb the magical water and use it later as an attack or so. A rogue however..
    The lore section is under "Adventures of Telara", they sneakily hid it as a subsection ^^

Lore wise I say Nebula creates the concept of infinity. If Nebula is my universe, I am in my universe, and nebula the horse is in my universe too...which holds the universe inside....

WHOA.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread