+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sywyn

Thread: Let's Have... A What We Like Thread.

Default Let's Have... A What We Like Thread.

Let's. Really. I think of the things I nudge my potential recruits with, from other games. And the way when I first logged on I discovered all the useful and fun bits available to you, free of charge. And some of these things are possibly taken for granted since we're all now so used to them - and then I log onto er, another game, and I remember. SO.

I'm talking specifically in this case about things that have been given or put in for vanity, and are used by RPers on a regular basis.

Wardrobe Function

I doesn't have to transmogrify anything! Goodbye, level 9 statless gear to die in RP-PvP! Hello, looking good! Hello being able to cycle through outfits, and with a tick of a button, remove the hat - without having to faff about unequipping it, then spending a minute looking for it in your bags to stick the damn thing back on.

Variety Vanity

OH MY GOD THERE'S SO MUCH COSMETIC STUFF TO SWAP AROUND AND CUSTOMISE ARE THEY MAD SO MUCH POTENTIAL UNIQUENESS FOR EVERYONE MY BRAIN CAN'T CONTAIN IT ARGHHHHHH. AND I HAVEN'T EVEN GOT THE EMBER ISLE HATS YET. AND THERE'S AN EXPANSION COMING SOON.

Lucky Coin Items, Consumables, and Drops

I was in heaven when I saw campfires for sale at that vendor. And they last so long too. And it didn't end there... Beware the bush that watches you, Silverwood. Tamed bracken? My Elf uses it ICly. The items that turn you for half an hour into an NPC of your selection? Fantastic stuff! I've been able to GM events for my guild as a wisp, simply so it removes my PC presence as an encroachment and allows me to get on with narration. The day is not far off when I will convince Tasia to feature as a shambler and eat someone's leg...

Maybe this is just me, but there's a loooooot of stuff in this game that is given to us as roleplayers, even if my main does walk like a duck. Just thought I'd throw that out there - I know I've missed things, so feel free to add your own.

I like that we have an RP addon now, even if it isnÝt coming directly from Trion, it's still them who let us have the addons in the first place.

I like the dye system. A lot. I also remember when they disabled the dye vendor to fix her back in the start.. The horror, absolute horror.

Barbershop, finally I can give my IC'ly dead elf a new look and bring her back to the stage as a new character, without having to level all the way to 50 again.

I also really like the shinies.. Got shinies? I see them! Give 'em here, now!

Telaran

Head-tracking on your character, I like my char looking at his targets and being able to independantly control where you are looking makes for some good headbanging- I mean dramatic looking into the distance

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Akamhara View Post
    The items that turn you for half an hour into an NPC of your selection?
    Wait, which item is this?
    Feine / Dreamwing
    "No I in team"

Whee, poor phrasing their Feine, apologies. I just meant the consumables which have by turns allowed people to go as imps, bats, cockatrices, wisps, orelings, squirrels, deer, corgis, and all the other things - this is not including the lucky coin items that let you turn into a static item such as a tree or bush, or some of the world event ones which enables shambler/corgi/swarm of bees, and other things. So by NPCs I just mean mobs, though there is that Guardian Vanguard illusion as well!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Akamhara View Post
    Whee, poor phrasing their Feine, apologies. I just meant the consumables which have by turns allowed people to go as imps, bats, cockatrices, wisps, orelings, squirrels, deer, corgis, and all the other things - this is not including the lucky coin items that let you turn into a static item such as a tree or bush, or some of the world event ones which enables shambler/corgi/swarm of bees, and other things. So by NPCs I just mean mobs, though there is that Guardian Vanguard illusion as well!
    Ah I see... I was thinking you meant there was some item which allowed you to take on the appearance of any NPC of your choosing (say, by coping your target's appearance or something), and was wondering how I managed to miss the existence of such a fun-sounding item
    Last edited by Feine; 07-31-2012 at 09:57 AM.
    Feine / Dreamwing
    "No I in team"

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    Barbershop, finally I can give my IC'ly dead elf a new look and bring her back to the stage as a new character, without having to level all the way to 50 again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sywyn View Post
    Head-tracking on your character, I like my char looking at his targets and being able to independantly control where you are looking makes for some good headbanging- I mean dramatic looking into the distance

Talila, I never thought about this usage! I love it though. Now if only we had race changes I'd be all set.

Sywyn, I agree with the head-track. I like to look at the person I'm rping with and then look away if I want to RP getting distracted or being put out by something they said.

For me, I love that you can get to most of the porticulums at a low level, allowing you to RP at any level in any zone. I only had trouble getting redoubt because of centaurs. Now my Eth, who was born and raised in Shimmersands, can return home for a visit; my Bahmi can walk the path of her ancestors; my dwarf can return to the foot of hammerknell and quietly weap - all before I get to that level in quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Milyssa View Post
    Talila, I never thought about this usage! I love it though. Now if only we had race changes I'd be all set.

Sywyn, I agree with the head-track. I like to look at the person I'm rping with and then look away if I want to RP getting distracted or being put out by something they said.

For me, I love that you can get to most of the porticulums at a low level, allowing you to RP at any level in any zone. I only had trouble getting redoubt because of centaurs. Now my Eth, who was born and raised in Shimmersands, can return home for a visit; my Bahmi can walk the path of her ancestors; my dwarf can return to the foot of hammerknell and quietly weap - all before I get to that level in quests.
    You can even name-change the character if you're patient enough. Simply just transfer the character off to a shard (presuming the one you are on isn't in danger of having transfers shut off anytime soon) and create a level 1 alt on the shard you are usually on with the same name. A week later when the cooldown is over, transfer your character back and you'll be prompted to change it's name

So in theory you can have a whole new anything, save for race-changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    I like that we have an RP addon now, even if it isnÝt coming directly from Trion, it's still them who let us have the addons in the first place.

I like the dye system. A lot. I also remember when they disabled the dye vendor to fix her back in the start.. The horror, absolute horror.

I also really like the shinies.. Got shinies? I see them! Give 'em here, now!
    I would love a in game bio space because, of the complacated nature of the addon, and alsio just to have something in game.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

+ Reply to Thread