+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Krunkatron
  • 1 Post By Aguni

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Allowing the walk-speed to be constant

Default Allowing the walk-speed to be constant

Right so, I've stumbled upon a bit of a problem post 1.9:

I've come so far with my PA and Conquest rewards now that I have quite a few of the traits that boost your out of combat speed. My problem is that this also affects the walking speed, which poses a problem when doing roleplay as I walk faster than everyone else. To the point where they have to run to catch up with me - which ruins the immersion to some extend, and causes a lot of random stopping to wait for the other to catch up (not everyone is level 50, even more so not everyone has as many of the traits. When they pile together the difference is quite significant even though the traits only boost for small amounts)

So my question/suggestion is, can we possibly have a walking speed that is constant? You toggle it on and you're kept in the same speed as everyone else, regardless of how many speed increasing effects you have on you?

Anyone else experiencing this, and does anyone know of a temporary solution I could use?

Rift Chaser

It's a bit surprising that movement speed buffs also apply when walking (ie, it's not the case in WoW). I'd agree with changing it so that movement buffs don't affect walking speed.

Of course, this is a separate issue from getting the walking speed fixed in and of itself... I do hope it's not going to take another year to make another change to it (even if that change is just rolling back to pre-1.8).
    Feine / Dreamwing
    "No I in team"

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

I looked into this issue and we currently don't have the ability for our passive movement speed buffs to recognize when you are walking or running.

I'll add this to the list of elements that could improve the Role Play experience, so that hopefully in the future we can get a constant walk speed, but until then, you'll just have to continue power strutting.

Another thing concerning walking bugs:
    When the player uses a potion/buff that transform him into another humanoid being (aelfwar, abyssal cultist, etc), the walking animation becomes extremely fast (incredible footwork!) while the movement speed remains regular. Animation should be slowed down when in these forms to match default character one.
    P2P= good
    F2P/item mall = byebye
    FRAK!

Quote Originally Posted by Krunkatron View Post
    I looked into this issue and we currently don't have the ability for our passive movement speed buffs to recognize when you are walking or running.

I'll add this to the list of elements that could improve the Role Play experience, so that hopefully in the future we can get a constant walk speed, but until then, you'll just have to continue power strutting.
    Thank you for taking the time to investigate Power strutting it is then, but hey, I get to call everyone else slowpokes too ^^ Can settle with that for a while

But walking speed is soooooooooooo slow.

When u click on someone's portrait there is a drop down list of what u can do regarding them one such feature is follow which is handy even if your trying to follow someone much faster however, I often find I get snagged behind a tree or rock or something when following so I have to stop following and catch up then re initiate it.
    I am the ascended with no side, one that has walked both and will choose neither.

Mathosian Cleric - High Elf Mage - Eth Rogue - Dwarf Rogue

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gamelord1 View Post
    When u click on someone's portrait there is a drop down list of what u can do regarding them one such feature is follow which is handy even if your trying to follow someone much faster however, I often find I get snagged behind a tree or rock or something when following so I have to stop following and catch up then re initiate it.
    ......... ughhh....

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ehxon View Post
    ......... ughhh....
    /f <enter>

Mincing my way across stillmoor with Motivational Roar and On the Double with Anthem of competence was probably the most hilarious thing I did in this game.

Bring it back!

+ Reply to Thread