+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Raeslyn
  • 1 Post By HannonHellbringer

Thread: Which faction?

Default Which faction?

I was thinking of rolling some RP toons on Faeblight, and I was wondering which faction has the best RP on that shard? By "best" I mean in terms of actual quality of RP, and activity level. I was leaning towards the Guardians, but I dunno if they have good RP or not. :S

Wolfsbane
    Benadictus - 50 Cleric (Duracell/Wardinel/Inquis/Druid)

Guardians typically have better RP from what I know. Argent Glade for instance, is an extremely popular RP ground and there seems to be more RP guilds on the Guardian side (Not to say Defiants don't have them also, I just tend to notice the guardians more). But there are RP'ers out on both sides, so you can go with either one to fit whatever kind of RP you want.

It really depends on what kinda RP you want to do. I'm in a guild on the Guardian side and I enjoy alot of really fun RP in different areas of Telera. However some of the most interesting RP has occurred when I run into Defiant out in the world. Whichever side you choose I highly suggest checking in to

Argent Glade
    Lantern Hook
    Fortune Shore

I have seen some really fun stories start in these areas. Hope you enjoy Faeblight.

Basically what Add said. Though I reckon most folk will say that their faction of preference has better RP. For example if I want to rp for an evening I avoid my guardian toons and log into my Defiants as my personal experience has been better Defiant side.
    Beahrkub Cleric | Tanreal Rogue | Lauriel Mage | Khetra Warrior | Bearkub Rogue | Bjornn Mage
    <TheSpectrum Order> Faeblight LGBT
    | Rognar Warrior | Bjormir Rogue Deepwood

I imagine staying in character non stop would be more fun on guard side, also would stop people asking for personal information, beyond likes/dislikes.

I really enjoy RP on the Defiant side. But that could just be because that's where my main is and I have a lot of fun doing random open RP with anyone I come across. I think RP could be equally fun on either side. It just depends on your how you want your character to be.

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Quote Originally Posted by Questoften View Post
    I imagine staying in character non stop would be more fun on guard side, also would stop people asking for personal information, beyond likes/dislikes.
    I'm sure I'll regret asking this, but... How do you figure Guardian side people will be less likely to ask personal things than Defiant players?

I don't know why, but this really just stuck out big time and I'm dying to know the anecdote behind the sentiment.
    Beahrkub Cleric | Tanreal Rogue | Lauriel Mage | Khetra Warrior | Bearkub Rogue | Bjornn Mage
    <TheSpectrum Order> Faeblight LGBT
    | Rognar Warrior | Bjormir Rogue Deepwood

I'm sure either side has decent rp. I mostly rp on the Defiant side now because of recent events. There are good players on both sides though, just stay away from god modding, and meta gaming and you should be fine for the most part. Oh and IF you run into an opposiing faction player, and their in disguise, don't be a tool like some rpers and meta game knowledge that you know who and what they are. This seems to cause a lot of problems, and no one wants Mordare to come riding back into the area again : )

+ Reply to Thread