+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: They are shutting down RP

Shadowlander

Default They are shutting down RP

Trion announced today, that they will be converting the EU-RP Shards to Trial Shards. A conversion to a Trial Shard in the past was equal to a shutdown.

See this:
    http://foren.riftgame.de/offizielle-...rstruktur.html (german)
    http://forums.riftgame.fr/actualites...tml#post182316 (french)

No RP left.

I beg you to join us as players in our protest. As Silvaran did here: http://forums.riftgame.com/lore-tela...your-help.html

Thank you

Ascendant

If there aren't enough RP players to keep the servers viable, why not just RP on a server with players?

nothing about Argent? the english RP-shard? if that one remains then the most can transfer to Argent, make it into 1 RP-community. Then both PVE as RP will have a nice community there
    Last edited by NearioNL; 06-29-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    If there aren't enough RP players to keep the servers viable, why not just RP on a server with players?
    Because non-RPers often actively harass and grief RPers, and RP shards had a few small protections in the way to keep that from getting out of hand.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Because non-RPers often actively harass and grief RPers, and RP shards had a few small protections in the way to keep that from getting out of hand.
    Agreed here. I am no RP-er, but am on a RP-shard for the generally more mature and nicer community.
    But if Trion let Argent stay untouched, we would still have at least 1 RP shard. The German and French players can come there. Its better to have 1 medium populated RP-shard then have 3 RP shard with all of them having to low of a population(I would say Argent is not TO low they, we do fine imo)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Ascendant

Except they don't anymore, because those people can join your chats anyway. Why can't German players just /join GermanRP and french players just /join FrenchRP (probably want to name them in their own language of course) over on Argent.
    Last edited by Sariina; 06-29-2012 at 09:37 AM.

The big problem I see here is that we don't have much benefit of eachother, on the roleplay stage.
    French and German roleplayers do their roleplay in their native language, imagine the awkward situation of going into Argent Glade but having to ignore 5 players there because they're roleplaying in another language? We wont be able to understand them, and those who don't know English so well wont be able to understand us either - in a setting where you don't have more than one language lorewise it gets a bit.. Well. It's tricky, and personally I'd feel it necessary to avoid other players via ignore and relocation - also because the /say chat would get filled up with a lot of text no-one understands which is disruptive and even more so, I just don't like the idea of having to avoid people. It's not because I mean anything hurtful with it, but I've tried roleplaying with other languages around and it's quite difficult to close your eyes for people who're there on your screen, but because you can't understand what they're saying you have to blank their existence.

I really don't see anything positive about this, they're taking away the opportunity for people to have a safe place where people to a higher extend respect and tolerate RP. They might not be many but that doesn't really justify it in my eyes. Furthermore Trion is also closing the door for those communities ever picking back up during Storm Legion, only the most dedicated roleplayers would make it past having their RP tag taken away - you can see how it went in Age of Conan, their RP community was thriving once but ever since their tag went, and the servers were merged a few times, the community died.
    Sure, AoC might be a buggy game gone wrong, but roleplayers tends to be able to see past it as long as they can actually roleplay.

I really hope Trion will rethink this and come up with a way for them to have an RP-tag intact on a server with respectful people. Meanwhile, I'll welcome all and any roleplay "refugees" from the german/french RP servers - If you need help finding things, don't hesitate to ask (I do not speak german/french, mind).

Ok this will sound harsh, not intended as such its just logically the only solution:

- Transfer to Argent, and speak english while RP-ing and in the server-chats.
    - Transfer to a German cq French PVE shard and RP there

both have pro and cons.
    You cant expect Trion to uphold shards who are to low populated, and its logical that they at least uphold the English one since most can speak/write english. If these RP-communitys were really thriving, Trion would not close the shards(I am aware even a small community can thrive, but commercially you cant justify this)
    2nd to that: There are more languages in EU then English/German/French, they dont have shards as well.
    Nevertheless it is a *****, and it would be best(for the players) that all 3 shards remain.
    Last edited by NearioNL; 06-29-2012 at 10:40 AM.
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    Ok this will sound harsh, not intended as such its just logically the only solution:

- Transfer to Argent, and speak english while RP-ing and in the server-chats.
    - Transfer to a German cq French PVE shard and RP there

both have pro and cons.
    You cant expect Trion to uphold shards who are to low populated, and its logical that they at least uphold the English one since most can speak/write english. If these RP-communitys were really thriving, Trion would not close the shards(I am aware even a small community can thrive, but commercially you cant justify this)
    2nd to that: There are more languages in EU then English/German/French, they dont have shards as well.
    Nevertheless it is a *****, and it would be best(for the players) that all 3 shards remain.
    German and French are widely spoken. Wouldn't make a shard for, say, Danish players. Like, I've only met as many danes in this game as I can count on two hands.
    Problem is, since checking out the Akala forum, is that their community doesn't seem near death at all. Sure, a small community may not justify keeping an entire shard up, but tossing the RP tag is a bit like saying they're not really aware they're there at all, or that they just don't care. At the very least they should try to put the RP tag up on one of the other shards, of course griefing can become an issue but I hope the german GM's know how to deal with such. When you don't have an RP tag up, people aren't going to come to the german shards thinking there will even be a community, which can be hurtful for the community all in all.
    At least that's how I see it.

Just did read they are reviewing the situation, so lets hope for them!

But when they do decide to close it, it will be their only option! I know its easy for me, being dutch and all we always learn english and mostly either german or french. But ok there is no spanish shard as well .

lets hope Trion decide to leave their shards alone. because that would be best for all involved. I would not like Argent to dissapear so I understand completely their issues!!!
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

So ban them for harassment. Doesn't matter if they harass an RP'er or harass an average player, Trion shold ban people who harass anyone for any reason.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

I am glad to hear they are reviewing the situation and hope that they decide in favour of keeping the French and German RP shards. I have been on Argent for some time now and, after experiencing a few other shards, have to say that it has the best community feel I have experienced, imo.

Argent may be one of the smaller shards but it is certainly one of the best for gaming experience, community and atmosphere

Shadowlander

Thank you all for understanding our situation and for your support. Also for paticipating in our native language threads.

Shadowlander

Update:
    A few minutes ago they announced that they will keep the german RP shard intact and will integrate it into the new EU super-battlegroup. I don't know about the french RP shard...

Thanks again to the community for your support, and thank you Trion for being reasonable!

Trion ftw! I am happy to hear this for you guys, hopefully they keep the French one as well.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast