+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RP Notes/Ideas

Default RP Notes/Ideas

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this, but I have a few ideas that could improve the RP community and the general feeling and emotion behind it.

1.) Enforcement of Rules
    2.) At least 1 more RP server on the NA shards
    3.) Female and Male Vet armor, instead of just one design
    4.) The ability to create an in game biography without resorting to downloading outside sources
    5.) Having a second or last name, and being able to connect or share that with a "relative" or a "husband/wife"
    6.) Being able to walk your mount
    7.) Unique dances for similar races of the factions (ie:Kelari/High Elf)
    8.) Having player/guild/raid created quests that allow the players to create and distribute among their RP group (Even if something straightforward and simple)
    9.) Being able to sit in chairs or on benches and look natural doing it
    10.) Weapons added to wardrobe?
    11.) Elevated friend status, or ability to keep track of that friend on different characters if you so desire

That is all for now. Thank you very much for reading, Trion, and I hope and wish fervently for some way to make this possible!!!

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Quote Originally Posted by Netherstorm View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this, but I have a few ideas that could improve the RP community and the general feeling and emotion behind it.

1.) Enforcement of Rules
    2.) At least 1 more RP server on the NA shards
    3.) Female and Male Vet armor, instead of just one design
    4.) The ability to create an in game biography without resorting to downloading outside sources
    5.) Having a second or last name, and being able to connect or share that with a "relative" or a "husband/wife"
    6.) Being able to walk your mount
    7.) Unique dances for similar races of the factions (ie:Kelari/High Elf)
    8.) Having player/guild/raid created quests that allow the players to create and distribute among their RP group (Even if something straightforward and simple)
    9.) Being able to sit in chairs or on benches and look natural doing it
    10.) Weapons added to wardrobe?
    11.) Elevated friend status, or ability to keep track of that friend on different characters if you so desire

That is all for now. Thank you very much for reading, Trion, and I hope and wish fervently for some way to make this possible!!!
    1. I believe they're already working on finding ways to reduce RP-griefing, and as for the common rules of RP, I'd say that's more on the shoulders of the guilds and individuals in the community.
    2. Having another RP server will only spread the Roleplayers even more thinly. It's a common thing in games with multiple RP servers to have one Server To Rule Them All, whilst the rest of the servers struggle with low-population issues - Such as long term RP-starvation. If queue times are a problem, the PvE'ers who take up a lot of space on Faeblight should be encouraged to move to a pure PvE realm. This would also help on the griefing issue as there would be less PvE'ers around to grief anything.
    3. As far as I know the models already adapt somewhat to genders? It's the same set/uniform though (as the guards wear) so it can't really look completely different from each-other.
    4. This would be awesome if it was incorporated into the game, but other than that I don't mind at all to download addons. We can't have everything and I think what we can make ourselves we should make ourselves, so the Devs can focus on other things (like making mounts walk)
    5. Again one of those things that can be temporarily sorted with the RP addon. As for an in game feature, sure it'd be nice but as for how I see it, other things should be prioritised.
    6. Yes.
    7. I'd like to see a multitude of ways to sit first.
    8. I never understood why people need a quest system to support their plot. You can do these things without it, it's a big part of what RP is to me. Tools can be helpful but too many tools can hinder creative gems.
    9. Yes, but to make it less of a daunting task for the designers: Just focus on taverns first please.
    10. This has been answered in a Q&A and has been suggested so many times. It's a humongous task, it'd be cool but I don't think it'll happen in 2012. And again, the wardrobe system has some other things that needs looked at (Like not being restricted by your class, OR a way to turn your statfilled armors into costume-type pieces you can use there, perhaps through a platinum-sink)
    11. Not without an option to not have people track you like that. I've got secret alts and just about everyone else of my friends have secret alts, because now and then you just need to get away and go do something else like, picking flowers or so, in peace. Real-ID in WoW is one of the things that kept me from ever wanting to go back, because I don't remember who half of those people are anymore and to be honest I find it a bit stalkerish and creepy.

*deposits two silvers into box*

Thanks for the honest respond Tal. I apologize, it was just some things that I had seen bandied about by guild members and vent friends so I thought "hey, I should let Trion know!" Ah well, we all think that our ideas are most important lol.

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Account-wide friend features in CoH work pretty well, you can hide from it and such. They don't let you hide completely -- if you see a character, you can get their global name. But on the whole, I'm happy with that because it really does go a long way towards discouraging antisocial behavior. Annoy someone enough to get /ignored once, they will never hear you again, not on any of your alts or theirs. (And it's not "real names", so the privacy issues Real ID had are not involved.)
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Thats exactly the idea I was going for Seebs! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Netherstorm View Post
    Thanks for the honest respond Tal. I apologize, it was just some things that I had seen bandied about by guild members and vent friends so I thought "hey, I should let Trion know!" Ah well, we all think that our ideas are most important lol.
    No need to apologize ^^ We all have different ideas and perspectives, hearing more of them is a good thing.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    3. As far as I know the models already adapt somewhat to genders? It's the same set/uniform though (as the guards wear) so it can't really look completely different from each-other.
    While obviously the veteran's armour is a slightly different shape for male and female characters, the female veteran's armour is not the same design as the armour that female guards wear; instead it is a version of the same design that male guards wear.

Check the picture at the top of this advert, note how it shows the differences between male and female guards (for both factions), and then compare it to the veteran's armour that female characters actually got.

There were a couple of huge threads complaining about this at the time, but I don't think we ever got any response from Trion on the subject:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ran-armor.html
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...d-outfits.html
    Last edited by Feine; 04-26-2012 at 11:33 PM.
    Feine / Dreamwing
    "No I in team"

+ Reply to Thread