+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [ADDON] Merisioux -- how and why to get it and use it

Default [ADDON] Merisioux -- how and why to get it and use it

Merisioux (on RiftUI)

Merisioux is an addon in the same genre as the flagRSP or MyRolePlay addons some people used in WoW. It provides a way to mark playstyle preferences, describe traits that the game engine won't show, show people a backstory, and more.

As of the current version (0.9), Merisioux will warn you if it sees people using a newer version. Feel free to post bug reports here or on RiftUI.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Plane Walker

I have downloaded this and now try to figure out how to add it into the addon space of the game.

I open the rift game, open addon directory, which takes me to where the addon is downloaded on the computer with options to open, shred copy etc. but none to select, so I try to drag this folder into the space.

It doesn't seem to want to go there though, and I wonder what step I might miss or how this might be done?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythue View Post
    I have downloaded this and now try to figure out how to add it into the addon space of the game.

I open the rift game, open addon directory, which takes me to where the addon is downloaded on the computer with options to open, shred copy etc. but none to select, so I try to drag this folder into the space.

It doesn't seem to want to go there though, and I wonder what step I might miss or how this might be done?
    You need to drag+drop the extracted folder to the addons folder, it should just be called Merisioux. Ie, the file you download needs to be extracted with a program for that, I suggest using Winrar (which is free).

My personal preference these days is 7zip, which is also free. Also open source and the people are (MHO) nicer.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Plane Walker

thanks :) I don't think to have seen this option to extract using these programs so will look them up and download them.

Plane Touched

I've never used an RP addon before, and so far I'm really liking it. I think it'll just take time to become more popular and get more usage.

I do have a suggestion, though I'm not sure if it can be implemented in the current version of the addon. Would it be possible to add a search feature to the addon, such that you can search for other RP'ers based on the flags they've chosen in their profile?
    "You haven't just crossed over to the Dark Side...you're baking the damn cookies!"

I could add a list of known profiles, I think. Lemme think about it a bit and get back to you.

Telaran

A list would be nice, more so if it was on a seperate page or tab (keeps the active character page seperate from the known characters page, would limit clutter of the main panel that way)

Another 'little' suggestion I thought of, would be to have a field of your own to add notes about other characters. Some people may like to keep track of if they are introduced to someone, or if that person has a nickname not on their main RP addon page. Viewable for the note maker only ofcourse, to save potential drama scene.

Player notes, I was thinking, would likely be a different addon. The ones in the base UI are okay except for the part where they seem to be available only for friends and ignores...

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    You need to drag+drop the extracted folder to the addons folder, it should just be called Merisioux. Ie, the file you download needs to be extracted with a program for that, I suggest using Winrar (which is free).
    I thought I would show you the Windows install tree, so you know what it should look like once installed.

this is going to be the first addon i've ever tried using. Lol, I hope I did it right. I'm not very 'techy'.

Okay, someone reported a really mysterious problem, mentioning it here in case someone else has clues or ideas.

Observed problem: Someone's info got overwritten by someone else's info. I... have no idea how. The edit window wasn't open at the time, so it wasn't through the display in edit window, I don't think.

If anyone can come up with a reproducer, or just report circumstances where they've seen this, I'd love to know. Will be doing some code-reading later today.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Okay, someone reported a really mysterious problem, mentioning it here in case someone else has clues or ideas.

Observed problem: Someone's info got overwritten by someone else's info. I... have no idea how. The edit window wasn't open at the time, so it wasn't through the display in edit window, I don't think.

If anyone can come up with a reproducer, or just report circumstances where they've seen this, I'd love to know. Will be doing some code-reading later today.
    Only thing I know is I deleted a character and made a new character with the same name as the one I just deleted, and my deleted characters' info was in my new characters info slots.
    Last edited by Rosalia; 04-26-2012 at 09:06 AM.

That probably makes sense, the game doesn't really distinguish between characters on the same account with the same name.

Maybe that's what happened to the other person too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast