+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: In game walking.

Default In game walking.

Anyone else notice the in game walking in 1.8? I know its not that big of a deal but the Eth kinda look a lil silly. My Eth male walks around like an old man, and with my 2 hander out in his hands he slowly woddles about. It's kinda funny.

Rift Disciple

I knew from a prior thread that they were changing the Elf/Kelari walk (which they have). But eth walks look different too... might be that they just slowed them down though.

Other topic here: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ully-slow.html
    Last edited by Rymer; 04-18-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Rift Chaser

They have slowed down walking movement speed by 60% in an attempt to make the animations look more natural. This was, in my opinion, a bad idea.

Here's the thread I made about this when it was on test: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...-too-slow.html
    Feine / Dreamwing
    "No I in team"

Soulwalker

Yep, the animations have been changed to look gruesomely awkward to go with the new crawl-walk speed. :(

But... isn't Hannon an old man? Teehee.
    Abbess, Petals of Mariel-Taun
    Avatar provided kindly by Cakuu! <3

Plane Walker

How the NPC's walk, I find, is very fluid.

Soulwalker

this is really really annoying , please rift people put it back the way it was .

thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by Annalea View Post
    But... isn't Hannon an old man? Teehee.
    Hannon Is no more, its Mordare now, the baddest Eth warrior.... EVER! : )

I really liked the old walk better, my Eth slouches over or lowers his head, it doesn't look like a proud warrior at all. Sloing down the walk isn't my problem, its the animation that came with it. Thats my two cents. We should try to keep this thread alive in hopes to get the Dev attention. Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    Hannon Is no more, its Mordare now, the baddest Eth warrior.... EVER! : )

I really liked the old walk better, my Eth slouches over or lowers his head, it doesn't look like a proud warrior at all. Sloing down the walk isn't my problem, its the animation that came with it. Thats my two cents. We should try to keep this thread alive in hopes to get the Dev attention. Thanks everyone!
    Yes... but what about the rogue?

Wouldn't the walk look very rogue-ish indeed?

So slow. It looks like my character is walking underwater dragging weights.

It seems to me that we have gone from a situation where there were a couple of minor animation issues with walking, which I hadn't noticed, to a situation where walking is effectively unusable. This makes the game effectively unusable for a roleplayer. I'd like to see it go back to the way it was.

They stole my wiggle. Return the wiggle at once!

But seriously, my grandma is faster than this. I didn't see much wrong with the old walking, speed wise.

Again, I just don't like the animation, slouched over and awkward looking. Blah.

Plane Touched

Walking from a table to the bar in a tavern is actually painfully slow, now. We went from striding to moseying, and I find that I break IC more just to get from place to place in a more expedient fashion. Please increase the speed of the walk.
    "You haven't just crossed over to the Dark Side...you're baking the damn cookies!"

Rift Chaser

It's not getting any easier to get used to. I'm also a little puzzled by the few people who feel that the new speed and animation looks natural, because I really don't think it does.

Try it in real life: Position your character where they have a big space ahead of them, and set them walking on auto-run. Position yourself in real life so that you have a reasonable space in which you can walk, while also maintaining a good view of your screen. Now walk in such a way that you keep pace with the character on screen, taking a step each time they take a step.

Doing this does not feel like a normal walking speed, but at best a ponderous trudge. If you were stuck behind someone walking like this in a corridor, you'd be wishing they would get a move on.

With reference to this thread, the absolute number one easy win change they could now make to improve the RP experience, for me, is to return the walking speed to the way it was.
    Feine / Dreamwing
    "No I in team"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast