+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RP in Europe

Default RP in Europe

Is there any RP community left on an active English language server in Europe?

I have just returned after a period of absence to give Rift another go, having first experienced it during the tail end of Beta and playing on and off since then. I started on Firesand, and have played a little on Argent after Firesand closed down. However, now Argent seems virtually dead too. I've got as far as level 19 on a new character (Guardian) and in that time I haven't seen a single invasion in Argent Glade and it doesn't look like there are ever enough people around to get a group for Realm of the Fae.

Where is there left for a roleplayer to go?

Rift Disciple

Hello Galandras!

Nice to have you back to this great game, I am also from Argent. I haven't really had any big encounters with Guardian roleplay either except for a few smaller encounters whereas they have been short.

I can however speak for the Defiant side, at least from my perspective!
    In Meridian I'd say during peak hours (and during noon) there is quite a lot of roleplaying going on. However, must roleplaying is secluded from the public, as in it usually is just friends/guild roleplay. This is a bit sad since the community won't flourish without letting go off that shield.
    But you as a player must also take a bit initiative and you can't just sit around waiting for something to happen - make it happen!
    Just two days ago I joined a guild named Marauders, we are a bunch of roleplayers (some who has extensive experience from the days when only RP board games existed). By the three days I have been in the guild, we have had 2 events already - one guild meeting (In-character) and one where we, as Marauders, had a contract from a client of ours.
    We accept every contract. As long as the price is right.
    Anyway, if you want to give Defiant a try I'd recommend you contact Naimira, Namyn or Sulaini in-game to fill in the blanks (I am sure I left something out)!

Have fun!
    Selia a.k.a Phyrella

Quote Originally Posted by Galandras View Post
    Is there any RP community left on an active English language server in Europe?

I have just returned after a period of absence to give Rift another go, having first experienced it during the tail end of Beta and playing on and off since then. I started on Firesand, and have played a little on Argent after Firesand closed down. However, now Argent seems virtually dead too. I've got as far as level 19 on a new character (Guardian) and in that time I haven't seen a single invasion in Argent Glade and it doesn't look like there are ever enough people around to get a group for Realm of the Fae.

Where is there left for a roleplayer to go?
    Dead? Where have you been looking, must've been a case of wrong place wrong time
    We currently have about 27 weekly roleplayers in Clandestine, all of whom visits Argent Glade and other locations regularily - and it's not like we have all of the rpers with us, there are several around in other guilds and so on
    Tried checking in on the RP channel? ( /join Riftrp) - most random RP is announced to happen (or when it's ongoing), and people usually answer when you ask.
    What's the case for Argent right now more than ever, is that roleplay is not going to miracously drop from the sky. So, unlike in other games, you can't just stand around in a hub and expect something to happen - initiative and spreading information is the way to go, and efforts for that are usually rewarded with good RP, that'd be my best advice to you.

As for groups, for low level there's always going to be longer queue times as well as there aren't a lot of low-levels around on Argent - not as there was at launch, because a lot of players already have several characters at level 50. I can imagine you'd find similar situations on other shards.

Come 1.8 there will be an RP addon available to help you identify who is a roleplayer and who is not, and the guild finder which is implemented with 1.8 will also be of help.
    Last edited by Talila; 04-14-2012 at 10:26 AM.

I think you have missed my point. I have seen people roleplaying, and I have certainly seen Clandestine around. I have also see other guilds that I have heard in the past are roleplaying guilds, such as Fires of Heaven. That's not the problem I have. The problem I have is levelling up while following the storyline, on a server where there is roleplaying.

I have got to the point where I want to enter the Realm of the Fae to complete some of the tasks I have been given. I spent 35 minutes queuing for a group yesterday afternoon, a Saturday afternoon so I would expect it to be a peak time, with not a sniff of a group. When I searched to see how many people about, there were only about eight or nine people in the appropriate level range online in Silverwood. When I asked in /1 whether there was any point in trying to get a group, one of the two people who answered said that it was pretty much impossible to the extent that he was considering changing shard.

There may not be a problem for level 50 players who are looking for roleplay, but there does appear to be a problem for lower level characters.
    Last edited by Galandras; 04-15-2012 at 01:59 AM.

Just before someone from Fires of Heaven corrects me, I have checked the guild recruitment thread and can see that Fires of Heaven is a raiding guild, not an RP guild. I was thinking of the Bridgeburners, who seem to have dropped the RP-PvP element judging from their most recent recruitment post. The only RP guild that appears to be recruiting on the thread is Clandestine and, unfortunately, that doesn't seem to suit my character.

For roleplay, there will be a pro-Guardian guild running again, with an aim to have some campaigns depending on Defiant interest. I used to run the Bridgeburners, har de har.

This won't be recruiting until ID comes out though, due to RL things.

For the activity on the shard, it varies - I can appreciate the pain in the backside on queuing, but I also think a lot of it tends to be guilds - since the instance queue is cross-shard now, it's largely irrelevant as I understand it whether you are level 15 on Icewatch, Riptalon, or Argent or wherever, you're all being pug'd.

If you find a guild, even a social one to level with, you may not get all other 15s, but you'll certainly get people in range, or even better, a boost. Nyehehe.

Plane Walker

I recently made a character on a European shard for the times I play that suite these times better. It is like starting completely anew for no things can be transferred over from other characters. This might be an option for you?

Thanks for your replies. I'll look out for your guild, Akamhara. I had heard a while ago that dungeon queues might become cross-shard but hadn't realised it had happened, so that's encouraging. I'll go back and queue some more.

I tried a US server when Firesand first disappeared, Mythue, but the performance was considerably worse. Ping times were about five times as much as I was getting to US servers and, while the server I tried was supposed to be RP-PvP, it didn't feel like it. There was very little obvious RP. Thanks for the suggestion though.

+ Reply to Thread