+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GoT and Rift

Default GoT and Rift

hey guys need some serious help, so last year i started watching game of thrones and absolutly loved it, watched the first season and read first 4 books in a couple months after that. basically im trying to make a character that would be most like the starks. i know the ranger has a direwolf and was hoping someone had a build that doesnt use the raptor but the direwolf instead and that isnt ganna be gimping me that much.

also wondering if you guys think maybe a war beastmaster would be a better option? thing about the beastmaster is that their pet actually seems like its a big beast u shouldnt be able to tame but the rogue does have a direwolf so cant really complain. i want to mainly be doing pvp at 50 as well.

i know u shouldnt role play as stuff from another fiction but honestly i was playing swtor and had to get rift just for the fantasy setting so i could play as a stark haha, glad i got this tho they did a real good job with this game. so help me out guys it would really be appreciated thanks

Shadowlander

you know they are making a MMO for GoT right?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyJack View Post
    you know they are making a MMO for GoT right?
    of course i do and cant wait lol but im really liking rift plan on staying for awhile and im pretty sure the GoT mmo is ganna be f2p and a browser anyway

Rift Chaser

If you're on a roleplaying server, people will frown on playing a character from another fiction, as you say - unless by "playing a Stark", you just mean "playing someone in the Rift universe who happens to have a direwolf".

If you're not on a roleplaying server, more power to you.

As for "what's a good build that uses the direwolf?", the rogue forums might be able to help you better with that
    Feine / Dreamwing
    "No I in team"

Quote Originally Posted by Feine View Post
    If you're on a roleplaying server, people will frown on playing a character from another fiction, as you say - unless by "playing a Stark", you just mean "playing someone in the Rift universe who happens to have a direwolf".

If you're not on a roleplaying server, more power to you.

As for "what's a good build that uses the direwolf?", the rogue forums might be able to help you better with that
    come on dude, im not playing on a rp server and even if i was read the post man

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Night Watch View Post
    come on dude, im not playing on a rp server and even if i was read the post man
    1) Not a dude.

2) You didn't say whether or not you were playing on an RP server, but you posted the question in the RP forum; most people posting on this forum are playing on RP servers, so your intention in this regard was not clear.

3) I read every word. I acknowledged, with this phrase "people will frown on playing a character from another fiction, as you say" that you were already aware that it might not be looked upon as the best idea. I was agreeing with you. Did you read my post?

4) You said you were hoping someone had a ranger build that used the direwolf instead of the raptor. I advised you to seek help in the rogue forum instead of the RP forum with this question. I was trying to be helpful.
    Feine / Dreamwing
    "No I in team"

1) Not a dude.

2) You didn't say whether or not you were playing on an RP server, but you posted the question in the RP forum; most people posting on this forum are playing on RP servers, so your intention in this regard was not clear.

3) I read every word. I acknowledged, with this phrase "people will frown on playing a character from another fiction, as you say" that you were already aware that it might not be looked upon as the best idea. I was agreeing with you. Did you read my post?

4) You said you were hoping someone had a ranger build that used the direwolf instead of the raptor. I advised you to seek help in the rogue forum instead of the RP forum with this question. I was trying to be helpful.
    1) thanks for nothing

Rift Chaser

1) thanks for nothing
    What kind of help were you actually expecting?
    Feine / Dreamwing
    "No I in team"

What kind of help were you actually expecting?
    what class would a stark be, beastmaster or ranger

Rift Disciple

what class would a stark be, beastmaster or ranger
    Who cares, the series is terribad. That's my initial response. But if you really want to play that character, probably a Beastmaster, they use swords more than bows and ranger is primarily a ranged class in Rift (though Rogue is really more of a D&D ranger over all amongst all its souls).

poland HBO screened s02e02 already
    who took my names!

Default As someone who named their toon Kaleesi...

While I understand and respect your desire to imitate the GoT characters, the first person asnwering your post did as I would have. There was nothing wrong in the way Feine answered. You're asking for a good wolf using rogue spec, therefore either learn how to look at a character building site for your own opnion, google it, or look in the rogue forums. RP here is hardcore!

Plane Walker

I have been watching this series as well, the Starks are from the North so I would make a Mathosian, and if it is the Stark who is in the Night Watch, then yes, a dire wolf and sword, though I would only call upon the dire wolf sometimes :) and spend the points just necessary for this dire wolf only. It could be a challenge to you to see if you are able to survive in pvp this way.
    Last edited by Mythue; 04-18-2012 at 04:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread