+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dead Channels

Soulwalker

Default Dead Channels

This is a problem ive noticed on both sides of faeblight. Their are maybe 2-3 active people in the riftrp channels. but hundreds log in and out of the channel. When for instance someone logs on and says good morning or some such thing they are usually greeted by only silence, followed by more "logged on/off" notifications.

What gives? Did a greifer get in the channels and steal all your cookies? Is the Rp mostly dead in Rift?

Soulwalker

38 veiws and no replies... if thats not irony i dont know what is.

The only channel I am in is riftrp and when I see people chatting in there, I participate, but my understanding is that the riftrp channel is to let RPers know about RP events happening and I've never found myself in a position to use it as such, so I don't normally start anything in the channel...
    Give me fuel, give me fire...
    Give me that which I desire...
    Some just want to watch the world burn

On Argent we use it for chatter as well as letting people know events are around. It's also a safe-haven for beginners to ask questions (meaning that no one will bash them for not knowing anything). It's a good way to tie the community together
    Though we're also a smaller community than that of Faeblight, I could easily see how a lot of chatter might scare some people off from using the channel.

Hum. Investigating, I see that I'm in the RiftRP channel, but it's not active on the tab that I usually use for RP (that is, the one that gets rid of alot of OOC channels, like 50, World Defense, etc.). So, I'm probably a culprit in never saying anything!

I'll try activating it and see what happens.
    Abbess, Petals of Mariel-Taun
    Avatar provided kindly by Cakuu! <3

I tend to chat a bit if someone else starts chatting, but I don't always remember to start chatting.

I have been using the channels to let people know about RP addons.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Yeah, I'm with everyone else..I chat when I see people chatting mostly..

More events would be nice though. I don't see many advertised at all on either side..

I used to try to advertise RP or IC things in the RP channel, and it would go like this:

Me: < A blah blah passes through blah, with words of blah to those who are interested in blah, carrying items of blah, to start at blah o'clock, recruiting people of blah to boot >

#1: Lolwut?

#2: They're doing an IC thing I think

#1: Oh, kk

#3: So I've got pizza for dinner!!!

#1&2: Aw man, now I'm hungry.

Blah being whatever you care to name

Mostly I see the roleplay channels just being used as an OOC chatter channel, sometimes you will get roleplay or lore questions, but not very often - a lot of it is handled in guilds, as I understand it, or someone will ask in the general channel. SO I FEEL YOUR PAIN OP, OKAY. I FEEL IT.

+ Reply to Thread