+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Faeries: Good or Bad?

Default Faeries: Good or Bad?

By the lore in game, it seems like the faeries were neutral to most things when the Realm of The Fae was apart of Telara ( except for the High Elf Council). So, do you guys think that means the Fae were kind, cold, or neutral to kids?

I'm thinking of a backstory for my Elf Cleric ( even made a special build for this RP ), and I just need this part figured out. I don't want my backstory to be too unique where people won't RP with me. Lol, 'cause that's no fun at all.

The fact that atrophinius continuously shows that he wants to party it up with the ascended should say something. If it weren't twyl and hylas, we could've been getting drunk with atro instead of killing him :/

I've always thought the fae were a neutral race and that could potentially one day become a race we chose from for character creation.

But I also think that only stands true for fae already residing on telara; the fae that reside in the plane of life is of course on the bad side.

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

The fact that atrophinius continuously shows that he wants to party it up with the ascended should say something.
    Come travelers! And Join us for some MEAD!!!

It would be nice to choose out of the fae for character creation.

I'll PM you the back story I was telling you about. That way you can see what I mean about it ( I'm trying not to play on the Amnesia card too much)

Rift Disciple

Sometimes in Sanctum there is a Druid NPC teaching a class. If you stand nearby and listen to her talk, this very same question is brought up and answered.

Essentially, she says that faeries are not bad. Only those that have been corrupted by Greenscale are the bad ones. Those who serve/befriend a Druid are not tainted.

Leaves on the Wind, RP-Heavy Guardian Guild on Faeblight
    Do you Merisioux? Rift's newest RP Addon!

Rift Disciple

Edit timer, le sigh.

In addition, the saying from the Druid class information has some tid bits in it, “The cosmos is full of people, spirits, and beasts. The dragons have corrupted so many, but not everyone you meet is an enemy. With an open heart, and enough patience, you can still find friends, even in the planes. And then you’ll have help beating evil monsters to death.”

I imagine people do and have had pleasant friendships with uncorrupted faeriekind. So a backstory including such wouldn't be outside the norms, unless it included mixed breeding (which is against the lore).

Leaves on the Wind, RP-Heavy Guardian Guild on Faeblight
    Do you Merisioux? Rift's newest RP Addon!

Quote Originally Posted by Myuriel View Post
    Edit timer, le sigh.

In addition, the saying from the Druid class information has some tid bits in it, “The cosmos is full of people, spirits, and beasts. The dragons have corrupted so many, but not everyone you meet is an enemy. With an open heart, and enough patience, you can still find friends, even in the planes. And then you’ll have help beating evil monsters to death.”

I imagine people do and have had pleasant friendships with uncorrupted faeriekind. So a backstory including such wouldn't be outside the norms, unless it included mixed breeding (which is against the lore).
    No mixed bredding here! She's 100% High Elf. I've been looking up a bit about the Druid and it's one of the sources for my backstory.

I decided to stick with my backstory but if you wanted to check over it for me, i'll PM it to you.

Plane Walker

the Faeries I believe know the secret language of the Wild and are able to communicate with the wild beasts of Telara.

The Fae in most fantasy settings are tricksters. They are evil to the core, but always appear innocent. From minor tricks to deadly pranks, the enjoy tormenting mortals and take great pleasure from the emotions spawned from them.

The Fae in RIFT are divided, as some have stuck with Greenscale and others have split from him. When Greenscale was slain, one can assume most went rogue and maintained their love for deceit.
    "The way is shut, it was made by those who are dead, and the dead keep it."

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kedoss View Post
    The Fae in most fantasy settings are tricksters. They are Chaotic Purple creatures of Blue and Orange Morality to the core, but always appear innocent. From minor tricks to deadly pranks, they enjoy tormenting mortals and take great pleasure from the emotions spawned from them.
    fixed that for you.
    Last edited by Proin Drakenzol; 04-04-2012 at 07:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread