+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rift RP Addons

Default Rift RP Addons

So, I was browsing curse, looking at Rift addons, and I saw a lot of familiar faces from my days of WoW. There's already Rift versions of almost all of my old favourites for raiding, but I am sad to say that the RP addons I loved in WoW are missing from the Rift repertoire... Does anyone know of any RP addons out there for Rift? Specifically, I would love to see something along the lines of SpeakinSpell, but really, I don't see any Rift addons at all on curse that I would consider useful to RP.
    Give me fuel, give me fire...
    Give me that which I desire...
    Some just want to watch the world burn

http://forums.riftgame.com/lore-tela...sign-time.html

Anyways, as far as I know thus far it's not possible to make the common RP-addons that exist in other games. However the last time I was updated about this was several months ago, so I don't know if that has changed yet.

Not yet possible; there's no way for addons to send information to other addons. Zorba's aware of the desire, and has plans to make it possible -- and indeed easy -- to do, but it's not there yet.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Thanks for the explaination, but what about something like SpeakinSpell? That doesn't involve transferring information to other addons, afaik, it just has a possibility to send a /say when you cast a spell.... I could just make a macro that includes a /say line, but that would get old really quick. :P

Also not possible -- no chat functionality.

And yes, I will be porting (well, re-writing) Chatterbox pretty much the moment it's possible.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Also not possible -- no chat functionality.

And yes, I will be porting (well, re-writing) Chatterbox pretty much the moment it's possible.
    Darn... I guess I will have to be patient, then. Not really my strongest suit.

Thanks for the info, I look forward to increased addon functionality with much anticipation.

INCOMING!

We got the hooks needed for, get this, reasonably efficient RP bios.

No ETA (definitely 1.8+), but I expect to be doing tests on PTS by this weekend.

So now's the time: IF YOU WANT A FEATURE MENTION IT NOW.

Planned:

1. "bio" => a backstory/bio field, NOT necessarily obvious to onlookers.
    2. "description" => stuff that should be immediately obvious, but not implemented on the 3D model.
    3. Flags! Flags are intended to include:
    * Currently IC
    * Full-time RPer
    * Open to RP contact
    * Open to ERP
    * ... and more if people suggest them.

My rationale for including an ERP flag: It's a thing enough people do, and enough other people vehemently dislike, that having an explicit flag for it rather than having people discuss it seems like a sanity-saver.

I might add other fields, but I haven't thought that much.

Space on server is pretty limited, so there will be additional internal-use-only flags for things like "I have a description, but you have to query directly for it".

Telaran

When you get a test build ready, I'm interested

Standard Description type ones could be included, full name, height, build/weight, unascended/ascended(?). Could even be just in a 'hints for good bios' corner of the addon that tells you what you could include in the bigger more general fields.

How about a Currently OOC flag as well?

It really sounds good, if you need someone to test it at some point, I'd be interested as well.
    Brilliant that we finally have something workable

Hmm. Would people be interested in some kind of lore flag? Like "I don't want to interact with lore-breaking characters" or "I am a Terminator T1000 who is here looking for Doctor Who".

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Hmm. Would people be interested in some kind of lore flag? Like "I don't want to interact with lore-breaking characters" or "I am a Terminator T1000 who is here looking for Doctor Who".
    I think just applying the terms "Light Roleplayer" and "Heavy Roleplayer" would work out for that. Or alternatively beginner, regular and seasoned roleplayer. Probably the latter one would give the least issues in terms of defining what they are (admittively not everyone agrees on the light/heavy definitions because Light RP in some corners of the RP world turned into some kind of title of shame)
    Perhaps include some help tips going like Beginner = New to Roleplay, unfamiliar with the RP norms, Regular = Familiar with the RP norms etc and seasoned = Very familiar with RP norms, knows lore, etc.

On top of that, if you wanted to into further details, you could add a looking for mentor Yes/no thing going on if the person sets themselves as Beginner.

This is so exciting! I love what you've got planned, especially the ability to flag yourself for different states or types of RP. If I was the least bit code inclined, I would love to help. Let me know if there's anything you need that doesn't involve code literacy. I will be your cheerleader!

Rah!Rah!

Plane Walker

I love these ideas of roleplay add-ons as well.:) It would become so much easier to know who wants to roleplay, especially in encountering others throughout Telara away from the main hubs.

Plane Walker

a ps.

I have always thought of roleplay as loreplay and wonder if there a difference in this.

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

This sounds like an amazing feature and am looking forward to seeing how it progresses. Can't wait to start writing a bio of my own!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast