+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mounts (RP Discussion)

Rift Master

Default Mounts (RP Discussion)

I'm curious if anyone has their own requested bits for Roleplaying regarding mounts. Personally I find that mounts feel rather stale in this game and lack some character in regards to RP, I wish the game had some cooler animations and triggers for our mounts to help blend them into the environment and enhance our characters.

In the suggestions forum I made the following points:
    -While standing pushing space bar should trigger a unique animation based on the mount (Horses Rearing, Lions Roaring, Gorilla-things beating their chests)
    -Toggle Walk should work on your mount (My God this one is the most annoying)
    -Summoning mounts should be a lot cooler looking than it currently is, maybe for example when I summon my Ember Steed he rears up on his hind legs in a fiery summon? Something of the sort would be awesome.

Anyone else have any bits to discuss that they think would propel the RPing in relation to mounts? Any little bits that annoy you or things you wish mounts had? (Customization would be cool but I highly doubt Trion will ever do it, which depresses me)

Turtles should also have the ability to fly and drop bombs on those who dare to defy their superiority.

Seriously though, yeah go for it. Bit silly there is no walk-mount animation.

I'm just wondering that of the space button. It sounds good, but I would rather have a jump on space, even when standing. Just my opinion. but that animation looks good too. Rest I'm 100% for.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sotof View Post
    Turtles should also have the ability to fly and drop bombs on those who dare to defy their superiority.

Seriously though, yeah go for it. Bit silly there is no walk-mount animation.
    I figure the turtle heads would either both roar ferociously or argue with eachother ;D seeing the turtle rear up and roar would be absolutely hilarious.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Scizor View Post
    I'm just wondering that of the space button. It sounds good, but I would rather have a jump on space, even when standing. Just my opinion. but that animation looks good too. Rest I'm 100% for.
    I've just never had a reason to jump while standing perfectly still, it looks so weird on a horse to just hop straight up (considering the jump animation was basically made for running and jumping)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer View Post
    I'm curious if anyone has their own requested bits for Roleplaying regarding mounts. Personally I find that mounts feel rather stale in this game and lack some character in regards to RP, I wish the game had some cooler animations and triggers for our mounts to help blend them into the environment and enhance our characters.

In the suggestions forum I made the following points:
    -While standing pushing space bar should trigger a unique animation based on the mount (Horses Rearing, Lions Roaring, Gorilla-things beating their chests)
    -Toggle Walk should work on your mount (My God this one is the most annoying)
    -Summoning mounts should be a lot cooler looking than it currently is, maybe for example when I summon my Ember Steed he rears up on his hind legs in a fiery summon? Something of the sort would be awesome.

Anyone else have any bits to discuss that they think would propel the RPing in relation to mounts? Any little bits that annoy you or things you wish mounts had? (Customization would be cool but I highly doubt Trion will ever do it, which depresses me)
    I like your suggestions. Even something like shying to the side, nibbling at the ground, or shaking of the head and snorting would add to the flavor of mounts. The turtle should pull it's head in when summoned.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
    I like your suggestions. Even something like shying to the side, nibbling at the ground, or shaking of the head and snorting would add to the flavor of mounts. The turtle should pull it's head in when summoned.
    Stuff like that, make them more characterized, right now they're stiff as a dang board.

I want to see my giant flaming horse paw the ground when its idle and snort.
    Last edited by Shadowclaimer; 07-06-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Why not have flaming walking dragons?
    [SIZE="4"][B][I]Subscribe to MrRise87 and MrKashmire299 on Youtube - Kashmire299, for great Rift videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRise87
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrKashmire299
    Follow Kashmire299 on Twitter

I'd love an summon animation where instead of your mount popping out of the ground, it runs up to you. Makes a looooooooot more sense.

Either that or a lore-wise legit way for ascended to summon mounts o.o But I would prefer the first one.

Also, a nice feature could be for your character to be able to walk with the mount on a "leash" (I'm forgetting the correct word for it here)

But it's probably a bit hard to implement.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    I'd love an summon animation where instead of your mount popping out of the ground, it runs up to you. Makes a looooooooot more sense.

Either that or a lore-wise legit way for ascended to summon mounts o.o But I would prefer the first one.

Also, a nice feature could be for your character to be able to walk with the mount on a "leash" (I'm forgetting the correct word for it here)

Having your mount follow you would be awesome, technically a pain, but the ability to trail my mount by a leash would be cool. Order them around and tell them to stay, however I doubt that's within boundaries of what the Rift Devs are willing to do ;)

I wish mounts had a summon animation akin to Darksiders, where the puff of smoke and the mount runs out behind you and runs up to you and you hop on, but at the same time I've grown to know and become accustomed to the current system. At the very least a different summon animation based on the mount would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashmire299 View Post
    Why not have flaming walking dragons?
    Don't need them. Just give turtles wings!

I've never seen an MMO ever get mount animation when riding or calling, as right as Age of Conan.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by TiberiusMonkey View Post
    I've never seen an MMO ever get mount animation when riding or calling, as right as Age of Conan.
    I agree. The idea that the horse runs up (even it if appears out of nowhere) is nice and then the full getting on the horse animation is great. So is the slow dismount as well as the fast dismount. The horses actually run realistically in AoC as well. Funcom did actually do some things right with AoC, but they did a lot more wrong.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post

See, this is something that would be nice to see. Only problem I'd have with it running up is, if it comes from nearest stables, how will game determine where that is... and how far away will it appear - could still be disorienting for players just down the road so see this fiery horse appear out of nowhere. Especially during RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyra View Post
    See, this is something that would be nice to see. Only problem I'd have with it running up is, if it comes from nearest stables, how will game determine where that is... and how far away will it appear - could still be disorienting for players just down the road so see this fiery horse appear out of nowhere. Especially during RP.
    Honestly, if people can't get over something like that then roleplaying in a computer game is never going to work for them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast