+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elementals imbued with souls/spirits?

Default Elementals imbued with souls/spirits?

Trying to develop my character. Shuffling between necrolock and elem/pyro. :P I have some Necro/Lock ideas, but few for elem/pyro. So... it got me thinking.

Is it possible that the soul or spirit of someone could be imbued or embodied in an elemental?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jojormitar - Bahmi Elementalist/Pyromancer - Faeblight (RP! )

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHookerJuju View Post
    Trying to develop my character. Shuffling between necrolock and elem/pyro. :P I have some Necro/Lock ideas, but few for elem/pyro. So... it got me thinking.

Is it possible that the soul or spirit of someone could be imbued or embodied in an elemental?
    It's not only possible but could potentially mesh with the lore as has been put forth. For instance, as I recall the Bahmi race originated in the Elemental Plane of Air. It wouldn't be a big stretch to conceive of sentient elementals of other planes being "incarnated" as well.

Proudly hitching dreams to stars for over fifty years!

Ok, awesome. So like, would it be plausible to imbue the soul of a deceased parent into an elemental as an elementalist?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sez

Ok, awesome. So like, would it be plausible to imbue the soul of a deceased parent into an elemental as an elementalist?
    I think your necro is leaking into your elementalist.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Honestly, if you can imprison a soul inside a magitech robot, I see no reason you can't throw a soul into a magically animated pile of rock, air, water, or a chemical reactio- er, fire.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Sez - yaaa... xD

Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    Honestly, if you can imprison a soul inside a magitech robot, I see no reason you can't throw a soul into a magically animated pile of rock, air, water, or a chemical reactio- er, fire.
    Oh, awesome! I didn't know that. I see them all the time in Meridian but never stopped to think about the lore behind them. I just kind of assumed it was some magical energy of some sort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh, awesome! I didn't know that. I see them all the time in Meridian but never stopped to think about the lore behind them. I just kind of assumed it was some magical energy of some sort.
    Well, the ones in Meridian do use magical energy. Sourcestones, specifically. The ones in Scarlet Gorge used by the Golden Maw, on the other hand....
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

I think it'd not only be possible, but would probably make for a very interesting character wrinkle. It'd be... well, weird to put the spirit of someone you knew in a construct that you're constantly sending in to get beaten up by cultists and monsters. I'd have to assume that unless you have a really community-centric society where an elder would be willing to be subject to such treatment for a relative (Bahmi seem a natural for this) that the person who's soul you're putting in your rock monster will be significantly less than happy about the arrangement, which allows for an interesting interplay.

Sez

Based only on the very first bahmi specific quest you get for defiant (The one where you free Bahmi souls) the traditionally become part of YOU (but then again, all souls do in this game)

Necromancery is the magical art of bringing the dead (including spirits) back to "life" or more acurately, the mortal plane. It also has many versions which include binding souls, blood pacts, and other life-energy based spells.

Elementalists are basically Summoners, or those who practice Conjuration style magics. So Elementalists cannot bring someone back to life, nor bind a soul to a (whatever). They can only summon, or "conjure" up something that already exists. They never "create" water, or fire, or lightning, they only can find where it comes from, and bring it to them.

HOWEVER - This is a game, do whatever you want
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Based only on the very first bahmi specific quest you get for defiant (The one where you free Bahmi souls) the traditionally become part of YOU (but then again, all souls do in this game)

Necromancery is the magical art of bringing the dead (including spirits) back to "life" or more acurately, the mortal plane. It also has many versions which include binding souls, blood pacts, and other life-energy based spells.

Elementalists are basically Summoners, or those who practice Conjuration style magics. So Elementalists cannot bring someone back to life, nor bind a soul to a (whatever). They can only summon, or "conjure" up something that already exists. They never "create" water, or fire, or lightning, they only can find where it comes from, and bring it to them.

HOWEVER - This is a game, do whatever you want
    That said, segues into the fact that Ascended can be both at the same time. Imbuing a soul to an elemental is definitely one of the better ideas/questions I've read so far, and I'd think the answer to that in the lore is if there are any examples. But, I know of none.
    Grievance, Ethian Chloromaster, Leader of <Chaos>
    +Rithius, +Aro
    How to have rational discussions

+ Reply to Thread