+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Source Stones

Default Source Stones

We know that the Defiant use Source Stones to power their technology, but what do the Guardians use them for and what is the Lore behind the Source stones?

I read this from the Guardian Lore question an answers;

"NicholasTaylorMcDowell: Sourcestones allow the guardians to commune with the gods better."

You can read it here: http://www.telaracentral.com/forum/s...ad.php?tid=708

Thats great info thanks

Now my RvR thread makes more sense that they have something to fight over
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...7817#post27817

Official Rift Fan Site Operator Ciovala's Avatar

http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Sourcestone

I've seem some possibly contradictory information on Sourcestone, though. Somewhere I read that it came through the 1st rifts, but then on the official history page it says that the Vigil used it to create Telara itself.

wtb more info.

A wiki is only as good as its contributors won't you help?
    The original Rift Wiki - EN DE FR
    [Add a guild] [Add an Item] [Add a Quest]

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator shyntyrr's Avatar

It could be possible that the sourcestone in Telara was used during the creation, but no longer exists naturally. To get any more, it has to come through the Rifts?

Have a Question? Ask an Expert!

:: Rift Experts :: Twitter :: Facebook :: Rift Craft :: RiftIRC ::
    :: @shyntyrr ::

Quote Originally Posted by shyntyrr View Post
    It could be possible that the sourcestone in Telara was used during the creation, but no longer exists naturally. To get any more, it has to come through the Rifts?
    Hmm interesting thought a little like a ZPM (Zero Point Modulator) from SG? While those where handcrafted by the ancients they are not around much anymore thus both factions end up hunting them down. Defaints to use to power their devices maybe guardians to prevent the Defiants from using them?

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Official Rift Fan Site Operator Ciovala's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shyntyrr View Post
    Lots of possibilities.

Perhaps it is just a side effect at being at the 'nexus' of the planes? So all of the planes meet at Telara, which then has aspects of all of them combine to create Sourcestone?

I wonder if they'll have any Lifestone, Firestone, etc. to sort of complement the idea. Of course, only if my idea isn't total BS I guess.

A wiki is only as good as its contributors won't you help?
    The original Rift Wiki - EN DE FR
    [Add a guild] [Add an Item] [Add a Quest]

Quote Originally Posted by Ciovala View Post
    http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Sourcestone

I've seem some possibly contradictory information on Sourcestone, though. Somewhere I read that it came through the 1st rifts, but then on the official history page it says that the Vigil used it to create Telara itself.

wtb more info.
    I've seen other contradictions but I'm inclined to think this isn't one. In the lorehound interview he calls Sourcestone "elementally charged matter" and he says that the cause of the rifts is the Blood Storm having cracked open the world causing it to push into the elemental planes.

Sourcestone may be native to the elemental planes and maybe the Vigil used it to fashion Telara. That might then also explain why Telara is a nexus for the planes and why the Blood Storm are so determined to possess it.

But with the rifts opening up all over the place, bits of Sourcestone also leak through.
    Eldran, Destroyer of Worlds! (TM pending)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalbuir View Post
    Hmm interesting thought a little like a ZPM (Zero Point Modulator) from SG? While those where handcrafted by the ancients they are not around much anymore thus both factions end up hunting them down. Defaints to use to power their devices maybe guardians to prevent the Defiants from using them?

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Reading your post I just got reminded of the Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator. Or as everyone else might know it, the Gravity Gun.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    Reading your post I just got reminded of the Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator. Or as everyone else might know it, the Gravity Gun.
    You are also a Half-Life fan? Its really rare to find a FPS player playing MMO... Dont click the link.. You already know what will show up...
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Elladar View Post
    You are also a Half-Life fan? Its really rare to find a FPS player playing MMO... Dont click the link.. You already know what will show up...
    Yes I am. =p been waiting for the next episode to come out for quite a while lol

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Cool to find other fans of it here!
    It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.
    -Me? I am Someone, Somebody. Anybody. Anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Skythe View Post
    Cool to find other fans of it here!
    Ok, quick question. How did you knew I liked Caramell??
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Ok, quick question. How did you knew I liked Caramell??
    Eazy.
    It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.
    -Me? I am Someone, Somebody. Anybody. Anyone.

+ Reply to Thread