+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who is the female character featured on the homepage and the E3 2010 Defiant trailer?

Default Who is the female character featured on the homepage and the E3 2010 Defiant trailer?

It is obvious she may be of some significance, so who is this lovely lady who curse the gods and forges a path for herself and the world of Telara?

Quote Originally Posted by Geekcheck View Post
    It is obvious she may be of some significance, so who is this lovely lady who curse the gods and forges a path for herself and the world of Telara?
    My potential GF... Ehehe. Good question though! Would love to know the answer as well! She is the star of Defian video as well! Popular.. good looking.. Strong!.. I am in love! ;)
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekcheck View Post
    I would also like to know this. I also think she could be important, as she is the star of the homepage.

“They say you are to be the greatest hero in a past I’ll never know. Learn this, and it shall be so:
    Let the only fear you ever know be the fear you inspire in your foes.
    If you can do that in your heart, glory will follow you.”

My guess is Asha Catari.

From the History of the Defiant page http://www.riftgame.com/en/factions/defiant.php

Lost members returned to the Dragonslayer Covenant, beginning with reborn Ascendant Asha Catari.

She is going to star in a Rift comic book soon. I'm sure you'll learn tons about her there.

http://www.dccomics.com/wildstorm/comics/?cm=15619

Quote Originally Posted by Raevin View Post
    My guess is Asha Catari.

From the History of the Defiant page http://www.riftgame.com/en/factions/defiant.php
    it is asha, ChrisJunior's "baby" from what i saw on IRC

Quote Originally Posted by souper View Post
    She is going to star in a Rift comic book soon. I'm sure you'll learn tons about her there.

http://www.dccomics.com/wildstorm/comics/?cm=15619
    Wow that is awsome I didn't know they where coming with a comic! THat is such exciting news! Can't wait!

Regards,
    Kalbuir

She has a nice write-up and short story in the last Beckett's Massive Online Gamer magazine.

*-Opinions expressed in this post do not represent any current or past employers

Official Rift Fan Site Operator Ciovala's Avatar

What does everyone make of this quote?
    In the days preceding the Shade, the Dragonslayer Covenant uncovered evidence that Prince Aedraxis Mathos had been consorting with members of the Endless Court. Covenant leader Orphiel Farwind sent their most adept mage to warn Aedraxis's brother Zareph. With the calamity of the Mathosian Civil War, death and horror spread over the land in a choking cloud, and the Dragonslayers lost many of their greatest trying to defend the people of Telara. Orphiel's envoy, Asha Catari, died battling alongside Zareph and his generals.
    Is the envoy also 'their most adept mage', and therefor Asha is a mage? Can't quite tell from this!

A wiki is only as good as its contributors – won't you help?
    The original Rift Wiki - EN DE FR
    [Add a guild] [Add an Item] [Add a Quest]

Quote Originally Posted by Ciovala View Post
    What does everyone make of this quote?

Is the envoy also 'their most adept mage', and therefor Asha is a mage? Can't quite tell from this!
    I also got this impression from that quote, although I previously thought that Asha was a Blade Dancer; however, on the Rift poster at E3, (assuming that it's Asha on the poster) she does appear to have spellcasting abilities. Hmm. Confusing.

“They say you are to be the greatest hero in a past I’ll never know. Learn this, and it shall be so:
    Let the only fear you ever know be the fear you inspire in your foes.
    If you can do that in your heart, glory will follow you.”

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator shyntyrr's Avatar

Maybe it's the whole soul switching thing.. she could possibly be a mix of both

Have a Question? Ask an Expert!

:: Rift Experts :: Twitter :: Facebook :: Rift Craft :: RiftIRC ::
    :: @shyntyrr ::

Quote Originally Posted by Raevin View Post
    My guess is Asha Catari.

An excellent guess, confirmed in this vid (3 minutes in).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx_rq5zB780
    Eldran, Destroyer of Worlds! (TM pending)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldran View Post
    An excellent guess, confirmed in this vid (3 minutes in).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx_rq5zB780
    The description of Asha in the Wildstorm comic says she's a Warrior with the ability to cast magic. So a Warrior soul with some magic choices for flavor tossed in maybe?
    "Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. Never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found." -The Iron Code
    We Are Chosen - Guardians

The reason Asha Catari joined the Dragonslayer Covenant was because she was kicked out of Quicksilver College for her study of the arts of the warlock.

Always the rebel, that one.

(Yes, Asha is the mage mentioned in the history page.)

(And though it has been answered, since I saw it come up on the questions we didn't get to, Asha is an Eth.)
    Lindsay Morgan Lockhart
    Lore Lead - Defiants
    Trion Worlds, Inc
    "I learned at a very young age that the world is full of people who are terrified by knowledge and the power it bestows to the individual. Freedom is to be seized by those with the courage to think for themselves." - Asha Catari

http://www.twitter.com/missdoomcookie

Quote Originally Posted by missdoomcookie View Post
    The reason Asha Catari joined the Dragonslayer Covenant was because she was kicked out of Quicksilver College for her study of the arts of the warlock.

Always the rebel, that one.

(Yes, Asha is the mage mentioned in the history page.)

(And though it has been answered, since I saw it come up on the questions we didn't get to, Asha is an Eth.)

Warlock History

Death has always been the most corrupting of arcane influences. At best, Mages who seek to master its power inevitably plunge into madness, while the worst wretches slowly succumb to the temptations of the Endless Court, becoming thralls of Regulos.

Neddra was one such Mage: a prodigy who saw death as the only depth left unconquered in the arcane world. For her studies, Neddra was cast out of Quicksilver College, branded a heretic and follower of Regulos. Undeterred, she journeyed north, deep into those ancient lands of Mathosia where the corruption of the Shade still held sway.

What Neddra discovered on her journey remains a mystery, but none will deny the power she obtained. For years, she waged war against the Endless Cult, rooting out and destroying their hidden cells within the colleges of magic. Many young Mages followed in Neddra's footsteps. These disciples, known as Warlocks, believe that only those who master death can banish the darkness from Telara.
    Is this going to be edited to reflect Asha's name than?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast