+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boar Spear Part 2 is up!

Default Boar Spear Part 2 is up!

And long overdue Been waiting for quite a while to read this!

Rift Disciple

And a good read it is as well, I just wish there were more tales like this more often.

I know the whole "resources are better spent on the game" argument and reluctantly agree with it, but lore wise a chapter of a short story every week would have been amazing, especially given how good the Boar's Spear tale is.
    Last edited by Belzoat; 11-03-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Well worth the wait, I love it. The more you wait, the more you enjoy it when it comes.
    Last edited by Musufasa101; 11-03-2010 at 11:49 PM.

I love the fact that the very man he killed (and thusly caused his own death) is the same undead bastard he is confronting now in the inn. Can't wait for Part 3.

Lovely. Also I doubt that the person who writes the lore and whatnot works on the game.
    Last edited by Z7ack; 11-04-2010 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Z7ack View Post
    Lovely. Also I doubt that the person who writes the lore and whatnot works on the game.
    What do you mean by that? Rift has lore writers, and its known that they write the lore/class/zone articles that we find on MMORPG/Massively/etc.

EDIT: But they also work on the quests, storylines in-game, in co-operation with the design/art and gameplay teams, that sort of thing.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 11-04-2010 at 10:32 AM.

The fellow who writes Tales of Telara is mostly a Writer, Missdoomcookie and Captaincursor do most of the in game lore, I assume they supply him with what he needs to know.

But he's a pretty sweet dude, and gave me a sneak peek of what's to come. We''ll get an update soon.

Yes, to clarify this up: Nick and I writethe game lore, and work on the game content. We occasionally write something for the web as well (for example, Asha, Kelari, the soul hero stories). Mike, our copy editor, does the bulk of what you see on the web -- the plane writeups, the zone writeups -- based on an interview with us and other relevant parties (such as the zone leads). He also copy edits the stuff that we put out there, and we do similarly for him with his pieces. It's very much a collaborative process.
    Lindsay Morgan Lockhart
    Lore Lead - Defiants
    Trion Worlds, Inc
    "I learned at a very young age that the world is full of people who are terrified by knowledge and the power it bestows to the individual. Freedom is to be seized by those with the courage to think for themselves." - Asha Catari

http://www.twitter.com/missdoomcookie

Quote Originally Posted by missdoomcookie View Post
    Yes, to clarify this up: Nick and I writethe game lore, and work on the game content. We occasionally write something for the web as well (for example, Asha, Kelari, the soul hero stories). Mike, our copy editor, does the bulk of what you see on the web -- the plane writeups, the zone writeups -- based on an interview with us and other relevant parties (such as the zone leads). He also copy edits the stuff that we put out there, and we do similarly for him with his pieces. It's very much a collaborative process.
    There are zone leads? Cool.

Those writeups are amazing - I mean in how they make a derivative subject (cults, basic sounding class names, the elements known for hundreds of years, a magical forest, etc) very very interesting and unique to THIS world of Telara. Gotten a couple friends interested in the game from those writeups alone.

If we could see the effects of what is described in the plane articles happen to the in-game world, that would be so cool. Like a quest with a seer, who in the efforts to protect Meridian/Sanctum, looks... a little too deeply into the Water plane, and must be redeemed.

+ Reply to Thread