Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Morgell
  • 1 Post By Skiye
  • 1 Post By Morgell

Thread: Timeline and lore compendium

Soulwalker

Post Timeline and lore compendium

Hey all,

Someone once told me that Rift doesn't have lore, and while I've always known that not to be the case, I've also been interested in compiling info that's scattered all over the place into one document that would better make sense of what I and others know. It's a bit sad that there isn't a complete compendium anywhere, but I'll try my best to compile as much as I can. And by the way, this is by no means entirely written by me; some of it's from the old official site's lore section, some of it is official lore posted in releases or the forums, some of it's from other people, some of it's by me, some of it I translated from a French post on the forums. In any case, here's the little beastie:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...NyH_RVCXqb/pub

Keep in mind, I'm still editing this monster, and there's a lot missing, especially from the NT / PoA sections.

In any case, enjoy, and I'll edit with any info you might leave here, and I'll definitely also keep looking myself.

Oh thank you! I love Rift lore and I also have a hard time finding it and piecing it together like a giant puzzle that you don't know what the end result looks like yet! lol. But it also enjoyable unraveling the mystery. Like real scholars! I write a blog about the pieces I find. I'm definitely going to look into your document. We appreciate your hard work!! <3

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Quote Originally Posted by Morgell View Post
    Hey all,

Someone once told me that Rift doesn't have lore, and while I've always known that not to be the case, I've also been interested in compiling info that's scattered all over the place into one document that would better make sense of what I and others know. It's a bit sad that there isn't a complete compendium anywhere, but I'll try my best to compile as much as I can. And by the way, this is by no means entirely written by me; some of it's from the old official site's lore section, some of it is official lore posted in releases or the forums, some of it's from other people, some of it's by me, some of it I translated from a French post on the forums. In any case, here's the little beastie:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...NyH_RVCXqb/pub

Keep in mind, I'm still editing this monster, and there's a lot missing, especially from the NT / PoA sections.

In any case, enjoy, and I'll edit with any info you might leave here, and I'll definitely also keep looking myself.
    This is... amazing. Exactly what I need to refresh my mind after a four year break. Thank you and anyone who worked on this. It's pretty much the only article in existence that's piecing the full Rift lore together. Thanks so much.

Champion

https://telarapedia.gamepedia.com/Rift_Wiki

Here is another great great resource. A few years ago I ran a D&D campaign on roll20 based upon Telara and the vanilla history. All the players in it had never played Rift and they really enjoyed it.

I was able to get quite a lot of backstory on NPCs based on the articles on there.
    Last edited by Skiye; 04-15-2018 at 05:01 AM.

Soulwalker

And with that, I'll leave these links here:

Telara Tales: a (giant) Rift Lore Compendium (basically what I linked above)
    Telara Tales website, for those who like bite-sized lore (personally I prefer one doc, but I'm a novel person and that's rare)
    And my youtube channel, where I use the lore document as a basis for my videos and sometimes fly off into tangents or explanations.

Yep, lore isn't really the most popular aspect of any game, but I was inspired by a few WoW lore youtubers who make it really come alive, and thought it's a damn shame that Rift's isn't highlighted.
    Last edited by Morgell; 04-27-2018 at 05:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread