+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maelforge appareance and power

Soulwalker

Default Maelforge appareance and power

Hello

It's a been while since I play Rift and I'm really in the lore thing since some weeks. I'm doing researches about Maelforge, and some details are a bit mysterious.

I've seen some Maelforge pictures, as this one or this one but I've also seen some as this one and : it seems that Maelforge as two different appearances. So I wonder why is his design different ? In which case does Maelforge have one or another design ? What does it mean ?

Then I have another question. I've seen this a on a wiki :

Like all Blood Storm his true nature is capable of driving mortals insane: He is not the only dragon with his particular appearence since there is at least one other lesser drake known as Woragrath who has the exact same appearence despite being smaller. The notion that a lesser dragon could grow up to become a potential decoy of him to fake his death has the potential of driving mortals mad.

Beyond this secret is an even greater one: When slain his soul returns to the Plane of Fire as a being of pure lava known as Maelfernus. Maelfernus has the ability to possess other Dragons which may explain why Maelforge resembles Woragrath. The fact that Maelforge is a being of pure lava that possesses Dragons is a dreadful secret that causes maddening paranoia.
    I wonder if this is true, because I never heard about that before. Plus I'd like to know what are the specific powers of Maelforge. Thank u !

well one of them is the initial look of maelforge, the other is from raid instance made quite a while later.

the initial look was used several time with other dragons so it makes sense to change him up to something new and different.

the other part to your question is answered in a dungeon where you do see maelforges soul as some lava blob thing.

Soulwalker

yeah I was a bit confused because I didn't notice any appearance changes for others dragons. So Maelforge can turn into a lava blob as said in the wiki ? Can he also possesses others dragons ? It sounds weird for me. Plus I don't really know much about others dragons than the 6 BloodStorm.
    Last edited by Swara; 08-04-2017 at 02:42 AM.

Rift Disciple

The third picture you linked is what Maelforge looked like WAY back when the game was released. And canonically, the retcon can be explained with 'That's how he was described by the heroes of old who originally sealed him' or something.

Now, that wiki is somewhat correct. I never heard of these 'true natures' outside of the wiki, but I didn't play at launch so I may have just missed it. Woragrath is shown to us in the dungeon, Gyel Fortress. It is revealed that he is a golden colored dragon, sharing the Maelforge model. He is revealed to be a
    Spoiler!

As for the burning goo: In the 4.0 dungeon Temple of Ananke (She's a prophet of the Goddess of Fate, Aia) the 'essence' of Maelforge's power, which appears to be fairly immortal, is contained within a pot. It is called Maelfurnus. We defeat it in an attempt to keep it from completed the prophecy '...Maelforge's power going into the Beast from the Heavens.' This prophecy plays out across the entire dungeon. On possession, spoiler for the dungeon:
    Spoiler!

Soulwalker

Default Thanks !

I've seen the old Maelforge look in the firsts steps on the game, when he appears as a specter (near Guardian spawn)
    Ty for your answers ! It helps me a lot understanding the lore. ^^

Wow I had no idea of that about Maelforge. I'm going to have to adjust my notes. Thanks for the info! <3

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

+ Reply to Thread