+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Timeline of Telara - some issues

Default Timeline of Telara - some issues

Hello fellow lore junkies!

I recently completed a first pass at revamping the Timeline page on the Telarapedia, and I'd appreciate comments, especially regarding any key points I missed.

In particular, I'm wondering if we have any information on the fall of Port Scion other than the fact that Zareph died during that period. I'm also wondering if anyone knows of sources with actual dates or precise time periods of events.

Started with EQ, and currently helping out on the Telarapedia while waiting for Rift!

Thumbs up

great job! Thanks for doing this!

Wink yes

yes thank for that
    The guild. The Elements Of Life
    is a Multi-Game guild.
    And we are Recruiting! Now
    go for more info clik the link below.
    Here is the website: http://teof.guildlaunch.com

You did a wonderful job! Thank you very much. This is extremely helpful for those of us who are still very new to the Rift lore.

Thank you!

Thanks for the comments, everyone. However please bear in mind that this timeline does not take into account the new information on time traveling. I deliberately ignored it because it contradicts quite a bit of pre-existing information (as other posters have mentioned), which leads me to suspect that the devs will either tweak the time travel information or retcon the lore.

Started with EQ, and currently helping out on the Telarapedia while waiting for Rift!

I noticed your timeline assumes that the Blood Storm were imprisoned on the elemental planes, but they were not. They are actually imprisoned on Telara. In this video Adam Gershowitz talks about the zone of Iron Pines where Crucia, the dragon god of air, is imprisoned beneath a frozen lake. (Yeah I know it sounds like GW2 ).

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...Iron-Pine.html

I'm not sure where the others are imprisoned but they aren't on the planes. It is possible that Regulos may not be imprisoned at all after Aedraxis called him forth. I'm not real clear on that point. The evil that we see coming through the rifts into Telara is caused by the influence the Blood Storm had over those planes during the Blood Storm War and they may possibly still have some influence now even from their places of imprisonment, but the Blood Storm are not physically present on the planes, nor do they rule over the planes.
    Last edited by Sylvrin; 11-01-2010 at 08:00 PM.
    Those who guard nature, guard life itself. Those who defile nature bring death and destruction upon us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrin View Post
    I noticed your timeline assumes that the Blood Storm were imprisoned on the elemental planes, but they were not. They are actually imprisoned on Telara. In this video Adam Gershowitz talks about the zone of Iron Pines where Crucia, the dragon god of air, is imprisoned beneath a frozen lake. (Yeah I know it sounds like GW2 ).

I'm not sure where the others are imprisoned but they aren't on the planes. It is possible that Regulos may not be imprisoned at all after Aedraxis called him forth. I'm not real clear on that point. The evil that we see coming through the rifts into Telara is caused by the influence the Blood Storm had over those planes during the Blood Storm War and they may possibly still have some influence now even from their places of imprisonment, but the Blood Storm are not physically present on the planes, nor do they rule over the planes.
    TOTALLY forgot about this. I'm lovin this.

Nice!There's the first link every Rift noob should read.
    Deceneu - Xanadu
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/profile/1898430
    eat good-look good;look good-play good;play good-paid good;paid good-eat good

Thanks for the info and link! I'll update the page in a few hours.

Default :)

Thank you!

This is awesome.

man trion could really make a good anime or cg movie out of this story or about asha and her life. now that I would love to watch

If they aren't on the planes then are they on Telara? If they are physically on Telara(or another part of the world seeing as how Telara is the known world and possibly not the actual planet) I would think one or more of them(especially Regulos) would be dominating everything.

My take on the whole thing is that they are all imprisoned(ala The Dark One style via the cuendillar seals in The Wheel of Time series, minus the seals). Otherwise, the Rifts themselves would be a lesser threat than any or all of the Bloodstorm dragons.
    Last edited by Zephirius; 11-15-2010 at 09:36 PM.
    Pain and suffering tries to strike YOU, but misses!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephirius View Post
    If they aren't on the planes then are they on Telara? If they are physically on Telara(or another part of the world seeing as how Telara is the known world and possibly not the actual planet) I would think one or more of them(especially Regulos) would be dominating everything.

My take on the whole thing is that they are all imprisoned(ala The Dark One style via the cuendillar seals in The Wheel of Time series, minus the seals). Otherwise, the Rifts themselves would be a lesser threat than any or all of the Bloodstorm dragons.
    I think its that at least the 5 of the 6 are on Telara. Greenscale and Crucia are especially known so far. Regulos is possibly MIA though. Regulos is a pretty unknown known at this point lol - he is dealt with, but I don't know what his place is in the world of Telara, other than that he plays a central role.

The Dragons have to do with the planes, and hold influence over them - but they are not the controllers of them, and they reside on Telara - just sealed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast