+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Agrona77
  • 1 Post By captaincursor
  • 4 Post By captaincursor

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Books in Terminus and Shyla's control

Default Books in Terminus and Shyla's control

Books: I only found one book in the Terminus for Defiants. Are there more?

Shyla: For some reason I want to call her Shia Labeouf. Lol. Getting to my question. So is it just suspicion by the Defiants that Shyla is controlled by Regulos or is she really? Yanno, since you gotta grab her soul b/c of her betrayal of the Guards in the beginning area. As a Guardian, I always thought she and Cyril were completely loyal to the mission of aiding the Ascended back to their purpose.
    Last edited by KlaisV; 11-29-2016 at 01:44 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KlaisV View Post
    Books: I only found one book in the Terminus for Defiants. Are there more?
    Not too sure about Defiants as i only have one char out of six that is one

For Guardians all the books that were only found in the starter zone can now be found in Sanctum so i'm going to assume all the books in Terminus will also be found around Meridian.

Shyla plays a big part in the first zone of the new Expansion, helping you and accompanying you on quests so doubt she's a Regulos drone, can never tell though.

All the books for the Defiant side can be found in Meridian. They are all in the center building, where the Guild Charter Magistrate is located.

Shyla didn't betray anyone and she basically helped to stop Regulos. Now, maybe, she is a betrayer in the eyes of Prince Hylas, because she joined Prince Zareph in the Shade wars. Shyla is usually pretty nice and helpful, every time you meet her.

I found this excerpt here:

The lore of Prince Hylas is actually quite important to this section of the game. So what was it that turned him to seemingly side with the bad guys? Given that the High Elves have always been about protecting the forests of Telara?

It all started when he met Shyla Starheath, a priestess of the nature god, Tavril. Shyla was well respected among the elves. She devoted her life to guiding her people, to keeping them on the path of true faith to protect the forests of the world. Shyla and Hylas fell in love, but when the Mathosian civil war broke out, they could not agree on the best course of action for the elves. Shyla wanted to side with Prince Zareph, but Hylas wanted to stay out of the war completely, saying it was nothing to do with them.

Shyla disagreed. She led her followers to fight by the side of Zeraph, leaving Prince Hylas behind. Shyla died during the Shade battle and was resurrected as an Ascended, where she stopped Regulos breaking through into Telara. When she returned to the elves, wanting them to join up with the Guardians, Hylas would not even speak to her. He refused to join the fight against the Blood Storm and took his entire royal clan, House Aelfwar, and closed himself up in their ancestral castle, locked away from the world of Telara.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Default Book Choice

Getting back to work after a long Thanksgiving break I had missed the Localization lock. But I could put every appropriate book that was a world object with a monologue into the library. As time permits in between tasks, I'll try to update the Alittu library with more books.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Or as my unpublish check-in note read:

“Do you like our library?” asked the Mage of Alittu expectantly.

“Well, it’s strange,” confessed the Ascended. “There aren’t any books I can read in it.”
    “Oh. You think a library without books to read in it is strange?” The mage narrowed her eyes and looked around. Was the jig up?

“Yeah, libraries are supposed to have books in them. It’s not really a library without them.”

“HA! We were playing a funny joke on you.” The mage paused for just long enough to be uncomfortable. “HA! HA! HA! HA! Wasn’t that a funny joke? A library without books? Now that you know it was a joke you won’t be suspicious that books from all over Telara and the Plane of Water and even from your nightmares have suddenly appeared in our library!”

“Wait, what do you mean my nightma-“

“We wrote them down by looking through our Macroscope! Nothing weird about that! Especially if you care about books in a library! Which is a normal thing to care about.” The mage patted the Ascended on the back a little too hard. “New books should appear at regular intervals unless that too is strange.”

The Ascended raised a finger to object, but then thought of the prospect of new books, and then just smiled and nodded until the mage left.

GG CC, making the weirdness of the Allitu mage simulacrum just a little weirder. /golfclap
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Agrona stared at the Mage. After a moment, the possibility of reading all the known and unknown volumes scattered around Telara sunk in.

"That will be just perfect," she called out and punched the Mage's arm in excitement.

"Ouch, that'll leave a mark," the mage complained, while he rubbed his sore shoulder and went back to whatever it was he was doing, before Agrona interrupted him to ask silly questions about libraries and books!

Last edited by Agrona77; 12-05-2016 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by captaincursor View Post
    Getting back to work after a long Thanksgiving break I had missed the Localization lock. But I could put every appropriate book that was a world object with a monologue into the library. As time permits in between tasks, I'll try to update the Alittu library with more books.
    I actually found my characters journal entries yesterday in Alittu... OMG hahahaha they are brilliant!!!!! Although, my devote Guardian character was only slightly amused! I have to go back there with my Eth Rogue, Agrona, I bet she will relish those journals!! lol

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by KlaisV View Post
    Shyla: For some reason I want to call her Shia Labeouf. Lol. Getting to my question. So is it just suspicion by the Defiants that Shyla is controlled by Regulos or is she really? Yanno, since you gotta grab her soul b/c of her betrayal of the Guards in the beginning area. As a Guardian, I always thought she and Cyril were completely loyal to the mission of aiding the Ascended back to their purpose.
    I'm assuming you're referring to the Shyla you see in Terminus? Not the Shyla that's in the current game?

The thing about Terminus is, we don't know how the world's history went that led to that point. Shyla could have turned on the world of her own choice because of anger or fear or anything else. She could also have been corrupted. I'm pretty sure that, once Regulos gets his claws deep enough into you, you lose your own will and just start following him. Shyla's entire world had been destroyed. Terminus was literally all that was left of Telara at that point. Maybe she just went bonkers from seeing everyone and everything die.

Terminus never happens, though. Being sent back in time stops it from occurring. Chances are, we'll never see that version of Shyla again, since the world has gone on such a different path than that which led to Terminus.

+ Reply to Thread