+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Twinmoon
  • 1 Post By dannuck

Thread: Link between Ahnket raid and SFP expansion?

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    291

    Default Link between Ahnket raid and SFP expansion?

    I know there was another thread about this, but it never really got an answer, so wanted to ask again in a different way: I never got to run the Ahnket raid that came out some months back. Going into the expansion, is there anything I'm seriously missing from never having run that raid? I'm interested in the lore of it. I'd also like to ask for some clarification on how we were already there once for the raid, but now we're going there again and the comet has more mass now? Were we just not able to see the other zones before in the last raid? Were we limited to where we could go because of something Ahnket was doing? I guess I'd just like to know why we went, came back, but are now going back and just now discovering all the OTHER stuff.

  2. #2
    Thread of Fate Twinmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannuck View Post
    I know there was another thread about this, but it never really got an answer, so wanted to ask again in a different way: I never got to run the Ahnket raid that came out some months back. Going into the expansion, is there anything I'm seriously missing from never having run that raid? I'm interested in the lore of it. I'd also like to ask for some clarification on how we were already there once for the raid, but now we're going there again and the comet has more mass now? Were we just not able to see the other zones before in the last raid? Were we limited to where we could go because of something Ahnket was doing? I guess I'd just like to know why we went, came back, but are now going back and just now discovering all the OTHER stuff.
    To sum it up:

    We discovered the Comet shortly before SFP's storyline begins. At this time it wasn't quite yet bearing down on Telara, but it was close enough to warrant investigation. You end up going in and killing Duke Eblius of Ashenfell, and Lord Fionn of the Tuath'de. These two are actually pretty important - Fionn was Queen Una's husband, and she's NOT happy you killed him. Eblius' crown becomes relevant for a good bit of Ashenfell's storyline. Ahnket, all the meanwhile, is curious about you - and the Comet begins to bear down on Telara.

    So we end up going to the Comet to stop it all over again. As for why we couldn't see everything else prior? I'd like to think that it hadn't quite pulled everything from the Planes of Life and Fire that are currently there yet.

  3. #3
    Ascendant hardy83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,643

    Default

    This is why I hate important lore being in raids. lol

    Thanks for that info though. It really helps set up the lore for the expansion.

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara Hepatits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    This is why I hate important lore being in raids. lol
    We've been working on this.We recognize the gap and are trying to fill it in. There's a huge amount of work to be done on it, but it's being worked on when we have time. We'll probably get to work on it just as soon as we get the gearing, leveling, how to play, etc guides put to paper and updated.

    http://www.riftraids.com/lore-bits.html

    If you have the full boss text of the instances/raids we don't have please let us know.
    riftntraids@gmail.com

    (I have all four of the mini-chronicles screenshotted, but need to be typed out still.)
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    We've been working on this.We recognize the gap and are trying to fill it in. There's a huge amount of work to be done on it, but it's being worked on when we have time. We'll probably get to work on it just as soon as we get the gearing, leveling, how to play, etc guides put to paper and updated.

    http://www.riftraids.com/lore-bits.html

    If you have the full boss text of the instances/raids we don't have please let us know.
    riftntraids@gmail.com

    (I have all four of the mini-chronicles screenshotted, but need to be typed out still.)
    Oh you better believe I'm gonna start running things....

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts