+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Maeloda
  • 1 Post By BlackMajik12

Thread: Content Timeline Survey

Default Content Timeline Survey

I'm thinking of making a content timeline to help newer players with an interest in the narrative, lore, and plot of RIFT. It'll lay out what happens in what order, and clarify what may be more considered 'canon'.

For example, it'll describe how to presently (3.6+?) experience the Hammerknell arc, how to pace out the Air Saga, and which version of Greenscale's Blight should 'count' (IMO the Chronicle is now canon, but we can also then decide if we want to consider the 'raiding' aspect of it to have happened or not, since 1-2 player Ascended + Shyla and Atro taking down the dragon may not feel appropriate).

I may try to include plot-related World Events in this, but mark them as obsolete and therefore pseudo-canon (aka up to Trion to acknowledge in their existing and upcoming content or not).

If there is some interest in this, I can try to write it up ASAP. Otherwise, I may not do it, or do it on my own time, whatever works. And of course, this will ultimately be considered subjective (like how I consider the Moonshade delving questline related to Bindings of Blood to be Lv 65 stuff, even if Trion decided to have it available for low levels).

Any questions, feel free!
    Last edited by Maeloda; 05-06-2016 at 01:42 PM.

Telaran

Yes, please. I would actually love something like this. When I began to play Rift I was mainly intrigued by the lore and how it tied into the game. I had to scour the forums and the dead wikis for tidbits and piece together it myself. I recall one forum post that summarized the lore and etc (it helped me get up to speed) but it still doesn't do me justice.

Of course, I'm just one person but personally, something like this would definitely be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMajik12 View Post
    Yes, please. I would actually love something like this. When I began to play Rift I was mainly intrigued by the lore and how it tied into the game. I had to scour the forums and the dead wikis for tidbits and piece together it myself. I recall one forum post that summarized the lore and etc (it helped me get up to speed) but it still doesn't do me justice.

Of course, I'm just one person but personally, something like this would definitely be appreciated!
    My old stuff is here: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ough-rift.html
    It only covered 2011-2013 (1.0-2.X), not 2014-2016 (2.X-3.6). I'd like to make a more limited guide for people just looking to see what content to do next. Then see if I can do more. With a 4.0 possibly this year, it may be useful. I don't see much more story stuff happening for Nightmare Tide, save for 4.0 leadup.

Over the last hours, I've decided I'm gonna try to do this. But any input and requests for this or other lore things are welcome.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 05-06-2016 at 06:43 PM.

If you need help, I can at least throw info your way. I'm not the last word on lore, but I've routinely found myself explaining it to newcomers in the chat.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

+ Reply to Thread