+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By captaincursor
  • 1 Post By Maeloda

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Lore behind CoA

Default Lore behind CoA

Anyone been on the PTS and have any information about the story in this raid ?
    *cough is it a alternate universe or not cough*
    Queen of Faeblight,
    Kelii - Gwali - Wigglypuff - Nubbystubby- 4/4 HM CoA (Seastone best stone <3 )

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Not an alternate universe.

If you aren't able to to experience the raid itself, We'll be covering some of what happens there in more accessible places in future patches. Though I can't promise the pure romantic tension of that last fight.

Quote Originally Posted by captaincursor View Post
    Not an alternate universe.

If you aren't able to to experience the raid itself, We'll be covering some of what happens there in more accessible places in future patches. Though I can't promise the pure romantic tension of that last fight.
    Man, this is the annoying part of not being a raider - I miss lore stuff.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

A Chronicle would be great.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    Man, this is the annoying part of not being a raider - I miss lore stuff.
    Yeah, but there are only so many production beats where we can add story with new locaitons and new creatures. Raids tend to fit that, so we can either make it lore light, and not do much. Or make use of the opportunity, and use it to refine stories and test things out.

Take solace that you'll get to experience 300% extra story in the Mind of Madness Instant Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    A Chronicle would be great.
    That's what I wished chronicles were. Just gimped solo versions of raids so people can experience the story sans the difficult mechanics and rewards.

Now that Chronicles are clearly a bust, I'm hoping that's what IAs become, which they are in some regard, but there's a lot of backlogged raids we'll probably never see made into IAs to see the story. I think 3-4 story important raids still needing to have accessible versions done.

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    That's what I wished chronicles were. Just gimped solo versions of raids so people can experience the story sans the difficult mechanics and rewards.

Now that Chronicles are clearly a bust, I'm hoping that's what IAs become, which they are in some regard, but there's a lot of backlogged raids we'll probably never see made into IAs to see the story. I think 3-4 story important raids still needing to have accessible versions done.
    I would be 100% okay with the larger 20-man raid instance stories being covered by IAs.

I just also want Chronicles to continue; 1-3 per year and they can be whatever else. Covering 10-man raids, alternate views on raid areas, alternate views on dungeons, adventures in parts of the open world, and their own exclusive areas.

How are Chronicles a bust? Not many do them? Of course they don't. But they're instance options for people who don't dungeon (at least not much) and don't raid (at least they only rarely raid). I would hate if they stopped, but I accept if only 1 happens on a year.

On that, I hope one more Chronicle releases this year (as part of 3.X). If there is a 4.0, it'd be nice if any pre-expansion leadup story uses this Chronicle. I'm good with only a few new Chronicles per version of the game. (Classic was 4-5, Storm Legion was 4, but Nightmare Tide has only been 2, so I'd like at least one more.)

Oh and the interface needs some better organization. No easy way to know what level these Chronicles are, what they cover in terms of challenge, and really what the nature of the Chronicle is. There is the descriptions, but I think it can be done better.

+ Reply to Thread