+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Answer me bones

Default Answer me bones

So i think that either I'm really ignorant about our lore or the game just lack overall lore, so far i get this, Defiants are Rats, Guardians think they are right but presumably are not, the dragons, crucia i got that, but i mean do we even have racial leaders? Why they changed the name Telara to Mathosia?, Is the Vigil evil? according to some quest's and events I've seen aside from the Rifts, there is like another dimension full of demons of darkness or something?
    Last edited by Reishawastaken; 10-30-2015 at 12:39 AM.
    Fundraising mechanics are too hard, please buff people's wallets.

Phs

Quote Originally Posted by Reishawastaken View Post
    Why they changed the name Telara to Mathosia?
    Telara is the world. Mathosia is the continent. Duskan and Brevane are also on Telara but are not a part of Mathosia. The Plane of Water is another separate plane of reality.

according to some quest's and events I've seen aside from the Rifts, there is like another dimension full of demons of darkness or something?
    I try to explain what is going on in the lore now to myself and just end up confused and have to lie down. So I'll let somebody else go at that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    Telara is the world. Mathosia is the continent. Duskan and Brevane are also on Telara but are not a part of Mathosia.
    I got that, but we used to have a fishing Achievement called Marvelous Telara Angler that required you to fish everywhere, but later is was changed to Marvelous Mathosian Angler and that really confused me.
    Fundraising mechanics are too hard, please buff people's wallets.

but i mean do we even have racial leaders?
    Leaders

Original Faction Leaders*:
    Guardians: Cyril Kalmar
    Defiants: Orphiel Farwind (Asha Catari is the high general of Defiant forces)

*Eventually, though, Orphiel left the care of the Defiants to Asha and her forces, effectively giving reigns over to the High General. Also, Nightmare Saga. Don't want to spoil much unless you wish for me to.

Current Racial Leaders:
    Mathosians: Cyril Kalmar
    High Elves: Shyla Starhearth
    Dwarves: Borrin Gammult (do take note that there are other dwarven leaders like Brother Jebiah but the official representative of the dwarves for the Guardian council is Borrin)
    Kelari: Anthousa Mona
    Bahmi: Rahn Chuluun
    Eth: Afaik they do not have any single leader as they are a tribal race, but they all united under the Defiant banner and I would assume they all follow Asha now.

Is the Vigil evil?
    They are not, at least not according to my own views of them. They created Telara, gave the mortals the tools to defend it in case of crisis, and even though they are kind of hands-off now to our problems, they do listen and give aid as best as they can. The reason why they went into such a hands-off approach though, is still a mystery to me.

according to some quest's and events I've seen aside from the Rifts, there is like another dimension full of demons of darkness or something?
    Do you mean the Akvans, perchance? They are creatures from 'beyond the Cosmos' - or the Ether. So yes, in a way, they came from another dimension. They are Rift lore's version of the mysterious entities from beyond the Void or something similar in any other story lore that deals with such things. Eldritch abominations, and all that.
    Last edited by Meowy; 11-05-2015 at 07:46 PM.
    Serale@Faeblight

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy View Post
    Do you mean the Akvans, perchance? They are creatures from 'beyond the Cosmos' - or the Ether. So yes, in a way, they came from another dimension. They are Rift lore's version of the mysterious entities from beyond the Void or something similar in any other story lore that deals with such things. Eldritch abominations, and all that.
    Basically the implementation of Lovecraft that every game seems to need.
    Athanil@Gelidra <Harshmallows>
    -- 11/11 HK | 8/9 MoM | 4/4 CoA NM --

+ Reply to Thread