+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Requesting a Lore Video from Trion

Lightbulb Requesting a Lore Video from Trion

The lore feels like it's all over the place and I'm trying to patch it up to make one story that makes sense of everything. I'm sure it's a big project but I would love to see a mini-movie regarding the lore of RIFT from Trion.

How it all started, who's who, why they are fighting...etc. Basically a mini-movie to watch what RIFT is all about so you can jump into the game and be immersed in why you're playing it in the first place.

Soulwalker

Sounds cool to me. I'm more worried about them spending their time on actually fine-tuning the game itself and all that, but a cool intro movie about your faction when you first start out or something like that would be nice for the new players.

I sort of thought there were a few video's in the game already as you play through the introduction, that seems to fit what your asking for at least in part. A more story focused release might be nice yes.
    System: Asus G73Sw Laptop, Processor: Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (4 CPUs) Memory: 8192MB RAM. Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M 4063 MB Memory. Direct X 11. OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Administrator for Riftrp.Net, the official affiliated Roleplay forum

There's a lot of text not only in game on the lore, but out of game as well... Lore is usually best presented in text, from my experience. It is a story after all

Lore

As said above, the starting zones of each faction provide the basic lore, as the specific faction experienced it. With that you can a nice overview of what's happend. In addition, the lore on the website gives you an amasing insight on what is what and who is who. Use your imagination, your fantasy, and create your world in your mind!
    Nox
    Guild Member of Sanctuary
    http://www.sanctuary-guild.com/
    Rift - Blightweald EU

We need more lore, but by the Vigil, they don't expect us to read do they?!

KTK

The lore feels like it's all over the place and I'm trying to patch it up to make one story that makes sense of everything. I'm sure it's a big project but I would love to see a mini-movie regarding the lore of RIFT from Trion.
    How it all started, who's who, why they are fighting...etc. Basically a mini-movie to watch what RIFT is all about so you can jump into the game and be immersed in why you're playing it in the first place.
    I agree with you , It would be really interesting if they posted, lets say a mini series, like one a week on the home page of how it started, ect. ect. Something like the last trailer they posted, it was a pretty cool trailer. Now just lengthen it and make a mini series on Rift Lore .
    Last edited by KTK; 02-02-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Default Lore video

This is a great idea! I've tried to read up on the lore, but I can't seem to be able to patch the things I read together into a reasonable story :-P

edit;
    They already have models from the CG trailer, surely they can re-use most of them for the lore video.
    Last edited by Wintastic; 02-03-2011 at 03:53 AM. Reason: coolio
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

http://riftcenter.com

+ Reply to Thread