+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Nightmare Saga Act III Ending

Default Nightmare Saga Act III Ending

So, when we "kill" Arak - where does he go? Does he get re-dreamed later by the Tenebreans as Arisen Arak / the giant nightmare golem on the loading screen? And what's gonna happen to Orphiel after all of this? (I am pretty sure Asha was none too happy about finding out Orphiel nearly destroyed the world.)

Also, I loved how the Drekanoth just let Orphiel have it with his scathing accusations. That was brilliant.
    Last edited by Twinmoon; 08-13-2015 at 07:47 AM.

I'm pretty sure those Aspects we left behind on the vessel will dream up Lord Arak again (Orphiel himself said so). And I bet it is this newly 'dreamed' Lord Arak that would be Arisen Arak.

As long as those Aspects exist... we will never see the end of Lord Arak. So... I bet on that same raid, we have to kill them? With Orphiel's help of course :P

P.S. Also I really REALLY wish I can ask Orphiel more about the Tenebreans with him actually responding to my /say once!!! I WANT TO KNOW MORE DAMN IT.
    Serale@Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy View Post
    As long as those Aspects exist... we will never see the end of Lord Arak. So... I bet on that same raid, we have to kill them? With Orphiel's help of course :P
    This'd make sense - models were datamined for a "Lady Justice" statue or boss of some kind that appears to be linked to the Arak raid. Since one of the Aspects is Justice, who is obviously female, put two and two together!

Yea, I'm thinking there will be 5 bosses in the new raid. Maybe a mini-boss too. Basically the true forms of the 4 aspects + Arisen Arak.

The ending of the Nightmare Saga was rather interesting. I thought Orphiel would be like Duran/Narud in Starcraft lore - but he's 'similar' yet different when comparing the master/servant relationship. Can't wait to see how things pan out.

From what he said, it sounds like there are more gods that we don't know about that dreamt up Arak. Or am I getting this all wrong? It sounded like the Tenebreans sent out Orphiel to destroy Telara in order to feed and stabilize their own Cosmos, and Orphiel created a whole bunch of 'gods' who are in slumber that dreamt up Arak.

I'm guessing we'll destroy Arak...then these gods awaken and become our new 'next big baddies'. But they aren't Tenebreans. The Tenebreans are either all in their own Cosmos or sent out to other Cosmos to destroy them (like the Saiyans in DBZ!).

Or am I getting this all wrong and Orphiel's actually talking about some sleeping Tenebreans?

I don't think anything will happen to Orphiel. They more or less took it in their stride. As for Asha - I thought she directed her 'nearly killed me' comment at us (for nearly killing her at the end of Act I). I'm guessing Orphiel will play a role in the Lord Arak Raid - probably access the 'ship' for us/etc. Maybe he'll even send us to the Tenebreans' home world - or maybe another Cosmos in trouble.
    Last edited by Jonus; 08-13-2015 at 05:12 PM.

Maybe it'll be like ME - where the Reapers reappear every 50k years to harvest the civilizations once again....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

So I have a question, I understand that the defiants and guardians are working together, but I was lost...if I'm a defiant, why was I doing quests and talking to the gods? Didn't I shun them, why am I asking for help now
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    So I have a question, I understand that the defiants and guardians are working together, but I was lost...if I'm a defiant, why was I doing quests and talking to the gods? Didn't I shun them, why am I asking for help now

While the gods can't exactly DIRECTLY help you (nor would they as you rejected them), they will offer aid to those who ask for it. Anthousa realized this when talking to Shyla - and was subsequently laughed at.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinmoon View Post
    While the gods can't exactly DIRECTLY help you (nor would they as you rejected them), they will offer aid to those who ask for it. Anthousa realized this when talking to Shyla - and was subsequently laughed at.
    In other words, regardless that Defiants have excised said gods from their lives, those gods still hold Defiants as part of the "world-body" for which they are responsible.

You may never ask directly, but if in extremis your mind even whispers "help me!".... well, they may oblige. In their own way, be it said.... so don't get cocky.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Because at times of great distress, we have to abandon our pride and seek out the aid of others, if we are to survive this crisis.
    Serale@Faeblight

Default What I learned from this saga....

Is that the gods, apparently will send you on great missions to give you pointless and useless information, and only Aia is helpful

and 2. Apparently The founder of the defiants came to destroy Telara and because he claims he changed his mind we only take him captive instead of killing him....and apparently no one has realized this before this moment.

All in all, both sides are incompetent and should feel incompetent.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Well.... incompetence is a human failing.... apparently it's also an "other races" failing as well?

It was the aliens all along. I knew it.

It was either that or RIFT was the Matrix.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 08-15-2015 at 09:04 AM.
    Kaleshnikove@Faeblight [Bounty]: Retired
    RIFT ON REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    From what he said, it sounds like there are more gods that we don't know about that dreamt up Arak. Or am I getting this all wrong? It sounded like the Tenebreans sent out Orphiel to destroy Telara in order to feed and stabilize their own Cosmos, and Orphiel created a whole bunch of 'gods' who are in slumber that dreamt up Arak.

I'm guessing we'll destroy Arak...then these gods awaken and become our new 'next big baddies'. But they aren't Tenebreans. The Tenebreans are either all in their own Cosmos or sent out to other Cosmos to destroy them (like the Saiyans in DBZ!).

Or am I getting this all wrong and Orphiel's actually talking about some sleeping Tenebreans?
    What I understand is the Tenebreans enslaved their own gods in their cosmos to fuel the ships they send through dimensions to destroy other worlds and take their energy back to their home (this is what Aia shows us in her temple, the Pallas vision).
    The Tenebreans we saw call themselves Ascended... so it is possible they ascended themselves with the sleeping gods' power. The way they manifest is not clear. Samekh says Orphiel'betrayal prevents them from reaching our cosmos, but we fight her, so she is truly here. Maybe the actions of Glasya and the oculons are involved. The two other seem to be only projections.
    And why are they projections of Asha and Kaspar? the only link between these two characters is... Orphiel, who saved Asha and made a leg for Kaspar. Seems the projections are somewhat linked to Orphiel himself...

The captive sleeping gods' nightmare is Arak, but the Aspects manifesting suggests they are awaking.

Another thing I thought of. Last line in the Vladmal Prime story talks about the Ward, and the fact it was made to keep inside "something more dangerous than dragons". Do you think the Vigil could have made the Ward to keep Orphiel prisoner on Telara and without the godly power of his ship? This would explain the scene with Orphiel in the gardian noob zone, and the reason why Orphiel made the machine to break the Ward.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 08-16-2015 at 12:05 PM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

I haven't gotten through the acts yet because being a loser solo player, I'm struggling with some of this forced group content as well as being busy with other things, but, not having read any of this threat, did someone have a summary somewhere of the plot that happens in case I never get through it? :P

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    I haven't gotten through the acts yet because being a loser solo player, I'm struggling with some of this forced group content as well as being busy with other things, but, not having read any of this threat, did someone have a summary somewhere of the plot that happens in case I never get through it? :P
    The short, short version -

Orphiel's an idiot.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast