+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bronze Tomb Lore?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Bronze Tomb Lore?

Please refresh my memory?

Is Bronze Tomb the place at Freemarch near the Tomb of the Old Kings?

Fascinating...

That's the only place I can think of as well.

Unfortunately I expect it to be nowhere, as most pvp maps tend to be these pocket realities not based on any real location in-game.

I mean who knows where Karthan Ridge or Black Gardens is suppose to be let alone any new maps.

Just like those dimensions anywhere l, nowhere and that island, there is no world location for them, just guesses.
    At least no official locations have been stated.

I always hated when mmos that have made up pvp locations, makes me wish they were part of the real world to cement the world and easily expand it. Same goes for dungeons and raids.

I'm wondering if Bronze Tomb will be an all-underground PvP area...

I wonder what's there that the Abyssal are so interested in the area (whereas the Endless are all over Iron Tomb thanks to Alsbeth trying to subvert Eliam).

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Iron Tomb is the dungeon in Freemarch

And it is generally known that the Bronze Age preceded the Iron Age.

Likewise, Iron Tomb - Time = Bronze Tomb.

Iron Tomb is the gruesome aftermath when all of us pvpers slain in combat walk the halls as undead.

/conspiracy confirmed
    Last edited by Inixia; 07-23-2015 at 10:39 AM.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

Bronze Tomb is a real place! If you've ever run around Freemarch, you've probably been to the entrance. (Bronze Tomb Passage[5913, 898, 5517])

It is one of the earliest structures built in Mathosia. It was built by the First Settlers from Brevane in ages long past! An expedition lead by one of the Aurantine scions landed in what is now known as Freemarch, and years later built this tomb. Subsequent rulers build on top of it to preserve it and protect it from looters...until you greedy Ascended found it!
    Last edited by Kerilar; 07-22-2015 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilar View Post
    Bronze Tomb is a real place! If you've ever run around Freemarch, you've probably been to the entrance. (Bronze Tomb Passage[5913, 898, 5517])

It is one of the earliest structures built in Mathosia. It was built be the First Settlers from Brevane in ages long past! An expedition lead by one of the Aurantine scions landed in what is now known as Freemarch, and years later built this tomb. Subsequent rulers build on top of it to preserve it and protect it from looters...until you greedy Ascended found it!
    *zooms over*

Tell us more...

*whips out pencil and notepad*

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilar View Post

It is one of the earliest structures built in Mathosia. It was built by the First Settlers from Brevane in ages long past! An expedition lead by one of the Aurantine scions landed in what is now known as Freemarch, and years later built this tomb. Subsequent rulers build on top of it to preserve it and protect it from looters...until you greedy Ascended found it!
    Oh wow who were the first settlers? If you say anything to do with Primalist I'm going to faint because this would tie PTW Primalist and this content together...

Aurantine...hmmm I need more.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 07-22-2015 at 03:17 PM. Reason: fainted

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    That's the only place I can think of as well.

Unfortunately I expect it to be nowhere, as most pvp maps tend to be these pocket realities not based on any real location in-game.

I mean who knows where Karthan Ridge or Black Gardens is suppose to be let alone any new maps.

Just like those dimensions anywhere l, nowhere and that island, there is no world location for them, just guesses.
    At least no official locations have been stated.

I always hated when mmos that have made up pvp locations, makes me wish they were part of the real world to cement the world and easily expand it. Same goes for dungeons and raids.
    Nothing is made exactly to scale. Even the open world PvE zones are more like a collection of landmarks, lore-wise, since we're not about to spend days crossing a region.

Karthan Ridge is in Ashora and/or maybe Kingsward, involving the tech of Volan.

Black Garden is somewhere deep in Silverwood, where a order protects the Fang of Regulos.

Codex is deep in the mountainous area of Stonefield.

Whitefall Steppes is somewhere in Iron Pine Peak.

Library of the Runemasters, Battle for Port Scion, and Blighted Antichamber are obvious.

Ghar Station Eyn is either a preview of a place in an upcoming 4th Plane of Water zone, or just another area on its own.

Timeline (more or less):
    1. Black Garden
    2. The Codex
    3. Whitefall Steppes
    4. Battle for Port Scion
    5. Blighted Antichamber
    6. Library of the Runemasters
    7. Karthan Ridge
    8. Ghar Station Eyn
    9. (Possibly) Bronze Tomb

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Oh wow who were the first settlers? If you say anything to do with Primalist I'm going to faint because this would tie PTW Primalist and this content together...

Aurantine...hmmm I need more.
    It is quite possible that they'll tie the two together, adding in Brevane story (and therefore assets from Storm Legion, Brevanic architecture and technology) into upcoming content.

But the first settlers were not 'Primalists' as far as I think. They're the survivors from Brevane. Exactly why the Abyssal were searching out the Bronze Tomb is so far unknown. We can suspect that the Eth started their own magitech based on what remained of empyrean tech.

They don't have to *directly* tie Bronze Tomb and Planetouched Wilds together, but a whole movement into finding ancient technologies is quite probable, especially if it ends up 4.0 is Plane of Earth and it is much more technology themed than 3.0's more 'cosmic magic' deal.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    It is quite possible that they'll tie the two together, adding in Brevane story (and therefore assets from Storm Legion, Brevanic architecture and technology) into upcoming content.

But the first settlers were not 'Primalists' as far as I think. They're the survivors from Brevane. Exactly why the Abyssal were searching out the Bronze Tomb is so far unknown. We can suspect that the Eth started their own magitech based on what remained of empyrean tech.

They don't have to *directly* tie Bronze Tomb and Planetouched Wilds together, but a whole movement into finding ancient technologies is quite probable, especially if it ends up 4.0 is Plane of Earth and it is much more technology themed than 3.0's more 'cosmic magic' deal.
    A twitter convo with Kerilar

Wait... Hold up... Did he just said they go live... at the same time?! Omg... *faints*

#TheHypeIsReal
    Serale@Faeblight

Maybe they're trying to recapture the 1.6 Ember Isle magic haha

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Ye I'm a little anxious.

I'm hoping Primalist will release before giving us time to level because its a Level 65 zone and I would like to race to do things and explore this zone with everyone.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 07-22-2015 at 05:46 PM.

Wonder if that includes the Lord Arak Raid.

As discussed; same time would be slightly annoying for those wanting to play the Primalist spec. At best you'll be able to use a Level 60 pot, but it does mean you'll be behind the pack if the Planetouched Wilds zone opens up at the same time as Primalist.

You'd have to choose between leveling up Primalist or using your Level 65 main to explore Planetouched Wilds.

Would opening up the PTW intro quests in Droughtlands for say, a week, alongside Primalist be a better idea?

Ascendant

Lord Arak raid I think will be 3.5. Its not even in testing on the PTS yet AFAIK and there is a mini zone that I believe will accompany that raid. So I think thats a ways off.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast